Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 02-Jun-19, 01:51
Points: 5,998, Level: 32 Points: 5,998, Level: 32 Points: 5,998, Level: 32
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Youtubers f* youtube

I'm trying to grasp how expensive bandwidth can really be. Hypothetically speaking, if every member of this forum pitched in, could we afford our own "MEtelly" ?-) bcuz I'm not looking at financial profits first, I'm first looking at the profit of never missing a video release due to removal ever again. Once it's uploaded, Its also in our private personal company vault. That would solve two problems, a competitor for the Tube, and we finally have a buildable video bank to store all the gold we collectively come across, that we can revisit anytime.
Man what a dream.
Old 23-Jul-19, 19:18
Banned
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
On a related note, it is extremely hard to make a competitor to YouTube. The bandwidth, storage and maintenance costs are extremely high for video streaming services, so it's difficult to make a profit, if at all possible. I've heard YouTube itself to this day is not profitable. That should be telling.
Yes that's the major problem I think.
I've been to a few of the "competitor" websites and they are all janky ghost towns.
Old 23-Jul-19, 19:30
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

I think what really harm Youtube with the past of the years was the algorithm. Youtube does everything to make almost impossible for smaller channels to grow and pick higher numbers. Then they are forced to do a more futile content to reach it's goal.
However, few channels have reached good amount of views without the needing of doing that.
And, to complete that, their policy about censoship and deleting videos, it makes you have 3x times more job than you would need with normal rules.