Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 02-Feb-15, 04:43
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts
Default Re: Underground Wrestling Community and Going Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingMike [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Originally Posted by WrestlingMike
I asked the organizers why they didn't stage mixed matches, and the answer was that men generally seem to be comfortable watching female versus female matches in person, but that men generally aren't comfortable in most cases watching a mixed match in person where the guy may definitely lose to the woman.

For others, I really think that there is, among the fear/fascination concept that many harbor with lady grapplers and submission holds and pins, the unspoken worry that somehow the female wrestler will turn on him.
I think you've largely hit the nail on the head. Watching two women grapple is just HOT. There's this underlying sexual tension that most straight guys love. As in, there's a lesbian undertone. It's deeply erotic.

Watching a woman and a man grapple can be hot, but if you're not comfortable with your manhood or your sexuality, it can be unsettling if the woman wins or even momentarily humilitates the man. Men are socialized to be dominant and aggressive, and when a woman dominates a guy, it gets right to the core of the conventional understanding of what it means to "be a man." It can be deeply unsettling on a psychological level.
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Feb-15, 17:53
Points: 17,515, Level: 57 Points: 17,515, Level: 57 Points: 17,515, Level: 57
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,966 Times in 332 Posts

Im sure if the crowd that gathered to watch a mixed match at one of your shows, where all into the scene, im sure they would not be that bothered about it.

I favor women wrestling men, theirs just something about seeing a woman man handle someone of the opposite sex and beat them.

I wouldn't feel uncomfortable seeing such a match, actually i would love it. Tag me in if your in to deep friend, let me help i'd say standing beside the mat/ring
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooler_moosh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Feb-15, 18:38
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Yet it's that discomfort I find so erotic...the ultimate mind fuck for me, even after all these years
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Feb-15, 22:53
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,350 Times in 1,045 Posts

Guys, what a great series of thoughtful and thought-provoking posts. Thanks so much!

AL @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] and Mike @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] , thank you both for touching on the topic of the Internet and its role in the underground wrestling community. Both AL and Mike point to how the web has brought us all closer together, but Mike notes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingMike [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The internet has strengthened some chat room ties, but diminished some of those actual in person connections. There is such anonymity in this forum that I would not necessarily be aware if a member with likes similar to mine is in my same town or near my area. (...) our relationships are truly quite distant from each other.
... that the web also reminds us that we are, for the most part, quite far apart.

I'm right there with you. I think I communicate just as frequently with wrestlers and fans who live far away than with those who live right here in my borough. Even my wrestler friends in New Jersey, I'm able to chat with them online more often than I do in person.

Sometimes this makes me feel like I'm surrounded by wrestlers. But when we go to meet up, it takes a bit of coordination; we're not actually right next door to each other after all.

By the way:

Quote:
I was mutually introduced to a fellow aficionado, who after but a few minutes of conversation was able to blurt out my wrestling nom de plume in recognition and astonishment by reputation
That's pretty neat

Quote:
I find the alternative is to personally try and promote Mixed Wrestling at all times and places
YES!!!

Mike, thank you, YES! This is what I call "doing your own little patch of good." This is VERY good to bring up. Active participation is so much appreciated.

Sometimes we may feel like we're spinning wheels in a void. Sometimes we may wonder "why am I breaking my back over this unpaid jello wrestling event?" or "why am I hauling mats through the subway for a community demo?" or "why am I paying for a hotel room to host a free party in?"

And then realize: because it is a good thing to do. It's the right thing to do. It's the right thing to do to foster and support the community. And because the experiences that come from it can be magical, memorable. Not just for existing community members, but for newcomers as well. Especially to newcomers.

But

Quote:
What is sometimes forgotten in our glorification of the Underground and Spontaneous Wrestling scene is, like anything else, that sometimes it became very boring.
This is a great point as well! Ah! It's like going fishing!

On rare occasions, I've had to contend with parties where very few wrestlers showed up (awkward!) Or I've sat and waited with VeVe at the studio as not a single other person showed up for training practice (boo!). Or I've had every single guest cancel for a hotel room wrestling party only after everything was fully set up (booo!). These fumbles, thankfully, are rare, but they do taste bad.

Also, on our other running topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schatten_PhD [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Watching a woman and a man grapple can be hot, but if you're not comfortable with your manhood or your sexuality, it can be unsettling if the woman wins (...) It can be deeply unsettling on a psychological level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yet it's that discomfort I find so erotic...the ultimate mind fuck for me, even after all these years
Vital comments!

And certainly good rationale for keeping F/F matches and mixed matches separate at a given event. But, oh, that potential for the erotic discomfort is so tantalizing. I'm sorry, I'm sitting here wishing I had something more meaningful to say, since I absolutely love this combination of comments. But that being said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooler_moosh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wouldn't feel uncomfortable seeing such a match, actually i would love it. Tag me in if your in to deep friend, let me help i'd say standing beside the mat/ring
... I'd certainly love to invite you guys to any live mixed wrestling opportunities!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Feb-15, 14:38
Banned
Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Look 20 years ago wrestling was something fun and few knew technique, martial arts or BJJ. Now you'd have to be crazy to wrestle without some skill. While others may have had more skill then others, it was seldom perceptible watching matches. Today it is obvious that it is all based to some extent on MMA (without striking) and few want to chance it.

I've said it elsewhere that the Beatrice Goffin's, Judell Dulong's, Joan Wise's and those in premier productions wouldn't stand a chance vs. a trained like sized female today.

So while the sport/predilection and the root of it is better understood, few want to chance their reputation or if male lose to a technically much superior female in a public situation.

If you are so interested join a mma/bjj/martial arts club that is co-ed and roll with a female or learn the basics.....
Old 04-Feb-15, 22:22
Ignore My Taps
Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55 Points: 16,351, Level: 55
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,719 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911187 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The only thing better then seeing it live is doing it for real. Live the fantasy is the only real advice I can give. I think I`m going to take another sabbatical from this great and in my opinion important web site so my best to all of you whether you be friend or foe
Thanks. Bye for now then.
Old 05-Feb-15, 15:39
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,350 Times in 1,045 Posts

Guys, another thought: if you could design a one-day underground wrestling event (or party), what would that be like in your mind?

Would it be a big room with several separate mat areas and a few chairs situated in between? Would it be one big mat area with audience style seating? Would it be dark or fully lit? Would it take place in a pre-existing BDSM dungeon or more of a sporty environment?

Or would it be in a venue with separate rooms for separate mat areas?

Would there be music? What kind of music? Would there be a bar?

In your perfect vision, what would it be like?

(I've run parties/events under each of those different conditions. The one we did in the BDSM dungeon was in Atlanta and co-hosted by Dominique Danger. I personally like the darker, club-y style, if I could choose, but I'm also open to well-lit and sporty).
Old 05-Feb-15, 16:07
Points: 6,806, Level: 35 Points: 6,806, Level: 35 Points: 6,806, Level: 35
Last Achievements

How about no spectators? You can come and watch but at some point you have to wrestle someone.
Old 05-Feb-15, 16:30
Points: 4,751, Level: 29 Points: 4,751, Level: 29 Points: 4,751, Level: 29
Last Achievements

I've never attending a live event, but kind of dark and clubby sounds great to me.

The whole point of a man and woman wrestling is the erotic charge it generates in most of us, isn't it? A dark, moody atmosphere would only enhance that for me. For music I'd take some cool trumpet jazz, like Miles Davis. Always had an underground feel to it for me.
Old 05-Feb-15, 16:35
Points: 5,483, Level: 31 Points: 5,483, Level: 31 Points: 5,483, Level: 31
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingnyc [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Guys, another thought: if you could design a one-day underground wrestling event (or party), what would that be like in your mind?

Would it be a big room with several separate mat areas and a few chairs situated in between? Would it be one big mat area with audience style seating? Would it be dark or fully lit? Would it take place in a pre-existing BDSM dungeon or more of a sporty environment?

Or would it be in a venue with separate rooms for separate mat areas?

Would there be music? What kind of music? Would there be a bar?

In your perfect vision, what would it be like?

(I've run parties/events under each of those different conditions. The one we did in the BDSM dungeon was in Atlanta and co-hosted by Dominique Danger. I personally like the darker, club-y style, if I could choose, but I'm also open to well-lit and sporty).
Dark, club-y style, separate rooms for separate mat areas... one set with a boxing ring and other with apartment style scene...
The Following User Says Thank You to jobberwisemanbr For This Useful Post:

Tags
evolution, nyc, underground wrestling, wrestling community