Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 14-Oct-17, 03:58
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: What should we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanzi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Don`t know if it is working as it is the first time I am doing so,could you please check it?
The closing tag should be preceeded by / - [/hide] . And the post should go between the tags, for example the video code. Here's a demonstration of how it works: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanzi [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wished I could also hide my posts from people who have not clicked on Thanks button at least 1000 times.Is that possible?
Unfortunately not.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 14-Oct-17, 05:19
Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45 Points: 11,099, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Zweig,

From now on I will hide my posts from "members" who have received less than 1000 thanks. I tried it in my last post in "Instruction videos" thread. Don`t know if it is working as it is the first time I am doing so,could you please check it?
I wished I could also hide my posts from people who have not clicked on Thanks button at least 1000 times.Is that possible?
Really?

Oh well, I think the rest of us will be fine despite not having earned the privilege to see your amazing posts.

Perhaps we could start by hiding this post. I don't deserve to see it as I've been thanked 276 times in 139 posts. So, please hide it.
The Following User Says Thank You to rennurliart For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Oct-17, 05:30
Points: 53,090, Level: 100 Points: 53,090, Level: 100 Points: 53,090, Level: 100
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 4,424 Times in 452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Moreover, I know several active contributing members here that have lurked for a long while before deciding to engage and participate.
I was one of these members. I probably lurked for over a year before I started contributing. I certainly understand the frustration that CAG00 expressed but I don't know if making things private or more exclusive is the answer. In my opinion, that could discourage new membership.

For the record, I do appreciate all the other contributor's on here and I hope everyone keeps up the good work.
The Following User Says Thank You to XOL For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Oct-17, 11:47
Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,224 Times in 6,815 Posts

Quote:
Zweig,

From now on I will hide my posts from "members" who have received less than 1000 thanks. I tried it in my last post in "Instruction videos" thread. Don`t know if it is working as it is the first time I am doing so,could you please check it?
I very much respect your right to do this, but please reconsider. I'm not asking for myself, but I have just looked at the most recent thread in the discussion forum "Mackenzie Dern" to see how your idea would pan out.

So far, four people have contributed to this topic: Schatten PhD; brooksie; DocBlock; and boyofwinter*.

All four are classed as "Senior Members" and I recognise them all as valued contributors to this forum. Yet NOT ONE of those four would pass your '1000 thanks both ways' test to be able to view content.

So, go down this road and I expect you, Zweig and around half-a-dozen others will soon be swapping images among the tumbleweed of an otherwise empty shell of a forum.

* I hope I didn't offend anyone by naming them, but it seemed necessary to make the point.

And please don't take this as criticism; It's just a request for you to think a bit longer before you do anything hasty.

Added after 30 minutes:

[Just noticed the four members I mentioned above were the contributors to the most recent page of the topic, not the only four altogether - sorry, but the point remains the same]

Also, taking 'thanks given' as a criterion is a waste of time; it wouldn't take long for a first day member to click 1000 times on consecutive posts on a mega-thread without even bothering to read the content.

Last edited by verscont; 14-Oct-17 at 11:47.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Oct-17, 13:53
Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,014 Times in 624 Posts

I had an account for about 18 months before I posted anything. Like to think I’ve contributed what I can to pics/stories/discussion since then. Not everybody is comfortable engaging straight away.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOmega For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Oct-17, 14:44
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

1000 Thanks threshold is too high indeed. The intention behind the HIDE tag is to encourage people to participate, not to actually hide posts from the majority of members here, hence the default thanks count necessary to view is 10. I think going over 50 is too much already.

Jo, some posts will be appreciated more than others, some content will be criticized. This is normal. You are one of the most thanked members of the forum which makes me think you are talking about a particular incident, not generally.

Quote:
I donīt understand why the moderators donīt react?
I don't know what to react to, nothing has been reported to me. I read many threads here, but not all of them. Please use the report button or [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] if you want me to take a look at something.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 14-Oct-17, 16:14
Points: 3,242, Level: 23 Points: 3,242, Level: 23 Points: 3,242, Level: 23
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

If everyone that contributed a lot did this, a new member would see pretty much nothing new posted and decide to leave.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slycordinator For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Oct-17, 19:01
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

I don't mind the trolls most of the time. I see some posts in the discussion sections that i am about 99.9% sure that the person is bullshitting. Just trolling for a response. But even these trolling posts usually lead to some pretty good discussions.
Old 14-Oct-17, 20:14
Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100
Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 153,790 Times in 13,793 Posts

Okay guys let me explain what I am thinking about and why?

First of all what is the purpose of joining a fetish forum? For me it is to find new friends,to share what I like and hopefully to get some material which I myself have not seen.
There are of course many threads and posts which I don`t even open because I simply am not intrested in those topics.
What is happening here is this; Some "members" don`t do anything positive,they hardly contribute and above all they only critisize the contributing members.That makes me sick and I feel somehow I must prevent these "members" from watching my posts.
Let me give you a few examples;
A guy wrote that one of the links I had posted was disgusting and degrading for the one who was beaten by the lady! I explained that it is a fetish forum he has joined,if he doesn`t like such "degrading" clips he can simply ignore my posts and why he has joined a fetish forum in the first place?
Another guy critisized me for posting photos of celebrities`feet,according to him it had no place in a fetish forum!! Recently I posted a link in the thread real videos of women beating up men,I searched the link before posting and the search didn`t show that it has been already posted,one member statrted a discussion that it was not new and it was obviously a fake fight,even after that I told him that according to the search result it was not posted before he continued his foolish discussions. The guy has been a member for two and a half years and during this time he has only clicked the thanks button 19 times ! I can multiply such examples.

Obviously,these people don`t understand how impolite they are and how discouraging their behaviour is for the contributors who have devoted a lot of time to collect and share their links and photos with the rest of the forum.

I am now trying to find a way to prevent these people from watching my posts.Adding them to the ignore list will not help ,so I came to the idea to demand at least a thousand received thanks which could guarantee that they are real members.

However after reading your comments specially verscont`s response I realize that maybe my idea is not a good one either. It is a pity that we don`t have a function like this;
Hidden Block (you must be registered and have 10 Thanks received):
You do not have sufficient rights to see the hidden data contained here.
so that those particular people cannot watch our posts and
I could avoid hearing their "ingenious" comments.
Hope you guys ,specially Zwieg can find a solution.
Old 14-Oct-17, 20:19
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
A guy wrote that one of the links I had posted was disgusting and degrading for the one who was beaten by the lady! I explained that it is a fetish forum he has joined,if he doesn`t like such "degrading" clips he can simply ignore my posts and why he has joined a fetish forum in the first place?
Another guy critisized me for posting photos of celebrities`feet,according to him it had no place in a fetish forum!!
Please [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] links to these two.