Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion > Can women really beat men?

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Oct-18, 20:27
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,924 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No? You need to read again. He played her twice.

"Karan is talented and proud. He just won't lose to a girl, even if she is the reigning women's Wimbledon champion, and tennis' latest glamour queen."

"Normally guys would line-up to catch a glimpse of the Russian beauty, but the time she returned to the Nick Bolliteiri Academy of Tennis in Florida after being crowned Wimbledon champ, even male players kept away from her. Maria Sharapova across the net, with a tennis racquet in her hand, was no fun."

"But Karan played the champion. And beat her 6-2, 6-2."
I already noticed my mistake and edited my post. Still, it means very little. It was only a practice match. If he played Sharapova in front of a huge crowd in a big event with his entire reputation as a tennis player and as a man on the line, he might crumble mentally and break under this huge pressure.

He already admitted that he was very nervous even when it was a private practice match: "She had actually beaten one of the guys, so everyone was really nervous playing her."

Now imagine if it was live in front of thousands of people and millions watching on TV. It could mess him up and make him incredibly nervous like what happened to that Austrian guy.

That's why practice matches shouldn't really count that much because they don't carry the same pressure that a real event would.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Oct-18, 20:42
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

And the Patti/mayr match means also very little because it was only an exibhition match?
Practice or not i donīt care she lost. and i just see that non elite men have enough skill to use their physical advantage to win a womens grand slam. even though I donīt think that he was the better tennisplayer when it comes to skill alone.
And thatīs why women play against women and men play against men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He already admitted that he was very nervous even when it was a private practice match: "She had actually beaten one of the guys, so everyone was really nervous playing her."
Really? She was elite at that time!! Thatīs why they did not underestimate her.

Last edited by lfourt; 22-Oct-18 at 20:48.
Old 24-Oct-18, 04:01
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I donīt think that you can play your best tennis if you are the one who has the social pressure. If you are nervous. If everybody will laugh at you when you lose and that is a big problem of our society.
If you're too mentally weak to block out the "noise", then you're not really much of an athlete to begin with.

Or are you suggesting that women are mentally stronger than men?
Old 24-Oct-18, 09:21
Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Why does everybody keep talking about this tennis match. It's not about the female being stronger than the male. This discussion is about who might be the better tennis player?
If tennis was about who is stronger, Schwarzenegger would have been very high in the ATP rankings at his prime.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mixer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-May-19, 08:31
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

A very interesting read about JUDO I just stumbled across.

There is a section focusing on our interest: Male Vs Female.
Old 08-Mar-20, 20:01
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 08-Mar-20, 22:39
Points: 5,954, Level: 32 Points: 5,954, Level: 32 Points: 5,954, Level: 32
Last Achievements

EXTREMELY rare. Most untrained women cannot even curl 15 pounds. Most out of shape guys can still easily do this.

A woman has to train pretty hard to become as strong as a guy who's a couch potato. Then if the guy also trains hard it's a wrap.

There's also a myth that women have more lower body strength, if this was true, the best runners and other leg based competitors would be women...they aren't, not even close.
Old 11-Mar-20, 09:05
philla76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okay [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
EXTREMELY rare. Most untrained women cannot even curl 15 pounds. Most out of shape guys can still easily do this.

A woman has to train pretty hard to become as strong as a guy who's a couch potato. Then if the guy also trains hard it's a wrap.

There's also a myth that women have more lower body strength, if this was true, the best runners and other leg based competitors would be women...they aren't, not even close.
I'm stronger than 99% of women my weight in DB Bench press, but not 10kg and above my weight in elite athletes at the very top. I'm also natural which I'm 100% certain those at the very top are not.

I don't do any specialized training, don't have a coach, just some random guy that goes to the gym.

I think where guys get confused is when they wrestle a woman and they are surprised by their strength for other reasons.

1. Technique/Speed
2. Specific strength in specific movements
3. core strength or leg strength (of which a lot of guys avoid or don't lift heavy) I know of women that can do core activities I cannot do because I don't do them
4. Fantasy, or wanting to be surprised.
5. Flexibility
6. Genetic factors such as limb length or height

Having said that if you got a fit 6ft amazon vs a 120lb office worker, yeah she's probably gonna be stronger. but not common

Last edited by philla76; 11-Mar-20 at 09:11.
Old 11-Mar-20, 15:33
Banned
Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17 Points: 1,842, Level: 17
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

These are bait questions. They are bad faith attempts by sad little boys who don't want women to have any kind of physical autonomy whatsoever. The thought that a woman can enforce her own rights terrifies them, and they will try to comfort themselves with whatever bullshit they can find.

Don't engage them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Backdoorman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Mar-20, 15:37
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdoorman [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
These are bait questions. They are bad faith attempts by sad little boys who don't want women to have any kind of physical autonomy whatsoever. The thought that a woman can enforce her own rights terrifies them, and they will try to comfort themselves with whatever bullshit they can find.

Don't engage them.
it's not bad faith to point out that the vast majority of men are stronger than women. this has been reinforced by scientific studied countless times. even athletic women lift less than untrained average guys.

now can women with proficient martial arts training handle herself? no doubt. but without such training, even being athletic and larger than average for a woman still puts her at a disadvantage.

Tags
asian, indian, latina, pakistani, white