Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will be winner?
Ronda Rousey 158 61.72%
Jean Claude Van Damme 98 38.28%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-Apr-18, 21:36
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Apr-18, 20:20
Points: 6,004, Level: 33 Points: 6,004, Level: 33 Points: 6,004, Level: 33
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Rousey is totally full of shit in this interview. I think being kicked in the head and punched in the face was more of the reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awesomesauce For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Apr-18, 08:36
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Ronda seems to be getting her tail up again after winning a play fight. She's doing more interviews again.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
Ronda Rousey breaks silence: 'I did a whole lot of crying' after UFC defeats

LOS ANGELES – Ronda Rousey broke down in tears Wednesday night as she spoke out for the first time about the painful aftermath of the two stunning defeats that prompted the end of her Ultimate Fighting Championship career.

Rousey has remained silent on the shocking upset to Holly Holm in 2015 that broke her unbeaten record in mixed martial arts, and the crushing beatdown she suffered against Amanda Nunes a year later.

However, during a public question and answer session hosted by Hollywood director Peter Berg at the Wild Card West boxing gym, Rousey revealed just how deeply the loss of her reputation as the biggest star in the UFC had hurt.

“I did a whole lot of crying, isolating myself, (husband Travis Browne) held me and let me cry and it lasted two years,” Rousey said. “I couldn’t have done it alone. There’s a lot of things you have to remember. Every missed opportunity is a blessing in disguise.

“I had to learn from experience. From the worst things, the best things have come as a result. Time is a great teacher. It’s that belief that time passes, even bad times.”

If not for those two losses, Rousey may not have signed her current deal with World Wrestling Entertainment. She recently made a star turn at Wrestlemania and has no plans to return to the octagon. With 999 days having passed since she last won a fight that wasn’t scripted, there is no guarantee she would be competitive even if she did.

There was widespread criticism of Rousey who, after seeking global media attention on her rise to prominence, shut herself away as soon as she was no longer bantamweight champion, prompting accusations of being a sore loser.

On Wednesday, she accepted that was indeed the case.

“My parents expected me to be special, so I expected to be special,” Rousey said. “I was just trying to create the job I wanted, and I wouldn’t have the audacity to do that if my mom didn’t tell me I could.

“But one thing my mother never taught me was how to lose. She never wanted me to entertain it as a possibility. She’d say: ‘Let it suck. It deserves to suck.’”

The tears flowed as Rousey spoke, with Berg - who directed her in the upcoming action movie Mile 22 - asking the questions in front of an audience of a couple of hundred fight fans. It is clear that the pain of surrendering her crown as the queen of mixed martial arts still affects her deeply and in that sense, her new arena of the WWE, with its pre-planned fights and story lines, is a perfect fit.

Even now, she is fiercely protected by a media manager, who rails at journalists who ask anything but the very tamest of questions.

"We live in an age of trial by Twitter," Rousey added. "What is really gained by stating opinion on anything? It whittles people down. It gets cut and pasted 10 times and it’s in (a) headline.

"(Famous people) keep more and more of it to themselves. Why should I talk? I believe hearing me speak is a privilege and it’s a privilege that’s been abused, so why not revoke it from everyone? I don’t believe public criticism beating you down is the right thing to do."
You kind of feel sorry for her when she talks about her Mum and how hard she must've been on her, encouraging her to wallow in misery over her failures.

Sadly people will probably lose that sympathy when they read the final quote. It's a privilege to hear her speak. Seems like Ronda's back to being Ronda.

--

Another one. Some stuff that's a bit 'Bob Lazar' here... Or maybe not?

Quote:
Ronda Rousey thinks the end of the world as we know it is coming. And she's ready for it.

In case you were wondering, yes, you did read that previous statement correctly. Rousey, 16 months removed from the final collapse of her Ultimate Fighting Championship career and now making waves with World Wrestling Entertainment, is preparing for doomsday.

The former mixed martial artist and 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist now lives with husband Travis Browne on a large property in rural Southern California, where they have a lifestyle largely independent from modern conveniences.

"I am a big doomsday prepper," Rousey said this week, in a public discussion with Hollywood director Peter Berg at the Wildcard West boxing gym in Los Angeles. "I think of it as a very positive outlook on the world. Some people think it is negative. But I think as a self proclaimed genetic cream of the crop such as I am, I owe it to humanity to survive the end of the world. It's my responsibility.

"Instead of my apocalypse plan being a handle of alcohol and maybe tears, which is a lot of people's plan, I'm like, I'm going to make it. If anyone's going to make it, I'm going to make it."

Rousey and Browne raise goats as they are "the perfect doomsday animal" as well as chickens and a steer. They even flew back to California during filming of the upcoming Berg film Mile 22 in order to tend to her animals.

The 31-year-old has always had strong opinions on social, environmental and economic matters, except they haven't been heard much lately as Rousey completely shut herself off from the media following defeats in the UFC to Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes. However, that didn't stop her from thinking about things as diverse as the gold standard, Amazon rainforest depletion and social injustice.

Rousey made millions of dollars from her time in the UFC and continues to profit from her lucrative WWE contract, where she made a star turn at Wrestlemania earlier this month, yet is fully invested in embracing a simple and sustainable lifestyle.

"I could buy a whole bunch of things, but what's luxury to me and freedom to me is being independent and finding a way to live off the land and do no harm, as opposed to buying as many mansions as I can and being on Cribs," Rousey added.

"I think that self reliance and independence is real freedom. We forgo our freedom for convenience a lot of the time. It is more important for people to know how to feed themselves than to know how to do trigonometry.

"A lot of these skills that were common place, every generation we know less and less an less about them because it makes people money for us not to know. Every single person in here their survival plan is a grocery store. If all the grocery stores closed, what would you do. That's a scary thought."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Aug-18, 23:39
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-18, 04:32
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I like Ronda the prepper a lot more than Ronda the recluse considering suicide because she lost her belt. Is Travis responsible for this change in her attitude? She seems mentally a lot healthier.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-18, 08:21
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I like Ronda the prepper a lot more than Ronda the recluse considering suicide because she lost her belt. Is Travis responsible for this change in her attitude? She seems mentally a lot healthier.
I think 'prepping' is probably something her and Travis bonded over. And Ronda had the money to buy their dream ranch and bug in location.

Ronda was always a 'truther' and into conspiracies.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Sep-18, 19:23
Last Achievements

Sifu on Rousey - Why Boxing and Judo Are Hard to Mix - MMA
Published on Dec 31, 2016

Sifu on Rousey a year ago. Why boxing and Judo are hard to mix - instincts. Watch her Nunes a year later and you can see this. This is Sifu McInnes of the World Kumite Organization spontaneously taking about Rousey as an example in my private with him last year here in Pattaya for Nak Muay Nation. It comes out of his larger criticism of people who verbally call strikes in pads. A lot of people of course have weighed in on this over time, but interesting what he has to say about first move instincts.

If video doesn't play, watch here: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Oct-18, 01:27
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Bella Twins beat up and victory pose on Ronda Rousey

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 19-May-19, 03:27
Last Achievements

Old 11-Apr-20, 02:33
Last Achievements