Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Dec-16, 18:02
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Paige Vanzant

Here it is:

Morning Report: Spurned coach calls out Paige VanZant, 'People will find out the real you eventually'

by David St. Martin Mar 20, 2015, 8:00am EDT

VanZant has already bounced around to a fair share of gyms for a 20 year-old pro, but her former coach sounds pretty upset about being left out of the conversation.

Claiming to be the gym that truly gave VanZant her start in MMA, Reno Academy of Combat's Rick Collup released a lengthy post slamming the rising star for a lack of 'loyalty, honesty or morals.'

(via tapnapsnap.com)

Rick Collup-

I'm writing this to everyone who knows of Ms Paige Vanzant and our gym which is the Reno Academy of Combat. I would have never written anything like this but I was totally shocked and so were several others when we read her interview in a MMA magazine. I was shocked, hurt and truthfully very irritated that Paige didn't mention that she actually started her MMA career at our gym. Her parents actually brought her to us because she was very unhappy where she had been training for less than a year. Her Parents stated that Paige was ignored at her old gym and no one would train with her. When she came to our gym she didn't have many skills and wanted to receive better training. That gym closed soon after that anyway. As you heard in her own words Paige Vanzant started training at the Reno Academy of Combat when she was 16. We (Reno Academy of Combat) got her first under 18 MMA fight of which she won, her first amateur MMA fight which she won and her first pro fight of which she won. She won every fight she fought when she was with us. Paige then left and moved to Vegas only to lose that fight. Then she moved to Sacramento to train with Alpha Male but eventually moved back to Reno as she was (in her own words) ignored there also and didn't get along with Uriah Faber and said all the girls were rude and sucked at MMA. After an apology and a long talk we let her train at our gym again. We cornered and trained her for her UFC debut of which she received fight of the night and a huge following due to her skills that she learned from us. Paige Vanzant was on the Reno Academy of Combat fight team each fight, representing Reno Academy of Combat, with Reno Academy of Combat in her corner every fight but one ( the one she lost). Look up any image, video and her UFC post win with fight of the night interview. Who is on her shirt, banner, in her corner etc? Reno Academy of Combat and/or Blood Happens Fight Wear. Her UFC debut walk out shirt was a signature Paige Vanzant shirt on sale on Blood Happens.com that she still gets proceeds from. Reno Academy of Combat supported her from the very beginning of her career and helped get her where she is today. Anyway, not to go on and on but it's very sad that some people have no loyalty, honesty or morals! I know one thing is my wife, I and all our gym members / fight team helped her and put up with all her fit throwing for years. I can sleep good at night knowing that we all did the very best for her and were there for her even when she wasn't. Good luck Paige, people will find out the real you eventually. Hope you can sleep at night!

VanZant spent time training with Ken Shamrock at The Lion's Den and the House of Ryu in Las Vegas, Nev. under former Xtreme Couture coach Ron Frazier, but she seems to have found a home in Sacramento at Team Alpha Male.

After leaving Team Alpha Male briefly last year, rumors swirled that VanZant's departure was due to a falling out with team leader Urijah Faber.

Speaking with FOX Sports in November, Vanzant had a much more logical explanation for the temporary move back home to Nevada.

"I was at Team Alpha Male for a year, but I ended up hurting my back, and getting three bulging discs," Vanzant said. "I could get medical care for the injuries, but only really through in-state insurance back in Nevada. So, I had to move back with my parents to get physical therapy and train again.

"It would have been too expensive to stay in Sacramento, keep my job, not fight, pay rent, and pay for therapy on my own. I was fortunate to get good physical therapy and got back into the gym after a few weeks off."

Either way, VanZant doesn't seem too bothered
Old 15-Dec-16, 18:09
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well there was that time, after one of her previous victories that the head of a fight club she had previously trained at complained of her ungratefulness at never mentioning where she had gotten most of her training. He also mentioned how they had to put up with all her temper tantrums. Haven't noticed any evidence of it though and she always seems nice with fans and the media.
Not surprised, to be honest. She seems very shallow. But, then again, she is very young, so that might be it.
Also, she promised to shave her head to bring awareness to cancer if she were signed by UFC in 2015 ([Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]), and when they signed her she said "my boss doesn't want me to shave my hair" or something along those lines, because obviously her looks are an important factor in her career...
Rooting for Waterson.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 15-Dec-16, 18:18
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not surprised, to be honest. She seems very shallow. But, then again, she is very young, so that might be it.
Also, she promised to shave her head to bring awareness to cancer if she were signed by UFC in 2015 ([Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]), and when they signed her she said "my boss doesn't want me to shave my hair" or something along those lines, because obviously her looks are an important factor in her career...
Rooting for Waterson.
Yeah, and I think the recent deal with Reebok may have been a reason or excuse for not being able to ante up. Paige's career will not suffer as much from a loss as Michelle's, who's 29, and I'd like to see her have another shot at the brass ring, although she'll never be able to beat JJ, as long as she's around. By the way, Claudia Gadelha's training at Jackson alongside Michelle, hoping to build stamina and not be breaking her body down so much as she did with the brutal training regimen she had with her Brazillian camp.
Old 15-Dec-16, 19:27
Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Rooting for Michelle too, she seems like such a lovely person. The bookies make Paige the favourite, but I'm going for a unaminous points win by Waterson.
Old 16-Dec-16, 00:36
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Rooting for Michelle too, she seems like such a lovely person. The bookies make Paige the favourite, but I'm going for a unaminous points win by Waterson.
I'm actually rooting for Paige but I have a feeling Michelle is going to submit her.
Old 16-Dec-16, 01:53
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Michelle responded to a tweet of mine once, nothing fetish related, but it was kinda cool that I was a total stranger and she replied.

She seems down to Earth too.

That said, I also like them blond and shallow, cause, I'm shallow. But, I think I'll root for Michelle for this one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Dec-16, 03:30
Last Achievements

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Dec-16, 04:37
Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Yes, Michelle has many submissions on her fight record, it wouldn't surprise me if she submitted Paige either.
I loved Waterson's open workout, what an athlete.
I like Paige, but I like Michelle more.
The Following User Says Thank You to hicksy For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Dec-16, 07:00
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Paige opened as a pretty big favorite (-220), but it's now pretty much a coin flip at -113 to -107 for Paige. Waterson opened up at +175, but I think they ran out of suckers rapidly over the past couple of weeks.
Old 17-Dec-16, 14:51
Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46 Points: 11,563, Level: 46
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,006 Times in 624 Posts

Have her go against MR Mcgregor.

Tags
mma, paige vanzant, wmma