Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 08-Feb-15, 04:16
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts
Default Re: Competitive or not? How do you folks judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You're definition in the post immediate above is as accurate as any I have seen. You'll find a lot of F/F matches, especially at events, that fit that description. There are some mixed films that do as well, but I doubt there are a fourth as many, if that much, as there are competitive F/F. You can find some at DWW, Fighting Dolls, maybe a few Italian Female Wrestling films, and our own Zweig's company, Fighting Pulse.
DWW is definitely one of the best full comp companies in the biz (although I guess they're out of business now :-( ).

It's much easier to find full F/F comp than mixed comp.
Old 08-Feb-15, 19:34
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts

I'd define competitive by both parties going all-out. I've recorded some of my own sessions where I've been defeated despite going all-out but it looks like I'm not. Hence, I've concluded I can't tell the difference just from watching a video whether both sides are really going all-out. If I decide to purchase a clip it's now for other reasons.

Last edited by georgejohnson; 10-Feb-15 at 03:40. Reason: whether not where
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Feb-15, 01:32
Producer
Points: 13,192, Level: 49 Points: 13,192, Level: 49 Points: 13,192, Level: 49
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,115 Times in 217 Posts

For my money, I think "competitive" should mean the following:

a) No pre-determined outcome
b) No scripting in any way
c) Both people are trying their hardest to win

And that's it. Anything less is not competitive, and should not be advertised as such (because doing so is clearly false advertising).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Absolute Mixed Wrestling For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Feb-15, 15:23
Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,878 Times in 404 Posts

From a viewer's perspective of a video, I would say competitive should have to reasonably closely matched opponents. They should appear to try to win. They should know some wrestling that could be either amateur or professional and the competitors should look some what athletic.
Nothing worse than seeing a skinny-fat girl abusing a fat guy under the guise of wrestling. Bleh.

I'd rather not see scripting, but I really don't care if the outcome is scripted.
In many ways, I thought the old Mildred Burke and early Golden Girls stuff was good. Casey Carr was a favorite of mine because she knew the holds and applied them with vigor. Belinda vs Mike was pretty good too since Belinda and Spice seemed to know thier stuff. If I recall correctly, Mike was thier wrestling coach.

These days, 95% of what I see is beyond my abilitiy to accept. Even as a fantacy. At least with mildred burke and GG, I could suspend my disbelief for a while and get into it.
That is why many DWW productions were so good.
You couldn't find obvious situations where the competition was unbelieveable.

Most stuff I come across is nothing but femdom sessions or S&M under the cover of "wrestling".
Since I don't want to see people getting hurt ever, if find it repulsive.
Old 10-Feb-15, 22:07
Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27 Points: 4,282, Level: 27
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

I don't really care about the definitions - but I would love to know when watching a clip if the guy is losing on purpose.
Before I tried wrestling a skilled woman myself I thought that almost all the mixed videos were "fake" - because it often doesn't look like the guy is trying that hard. After I've tried being completely helpless against a much smaller woman I find it hard to judge. I'm sure that if my matches against VeVE and Kathy were taped it would look like I almost helped them when in fact they were just able to easily read my moves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikegauger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-Feb-15, 22:34
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

I think the important part is no script. That generally means at least 1 participant is trying hard to win. There are lots of anecdotes around here about guys being toyed with by girls who are much more skilled, but the above doesn't mean competition isn't happening. A better term for a match with equal effort on both sides might be "balanced" or "candid."
Old 11-Feb-15, 04:34
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

What if participants HAVE to use certain pins, like scissors or SGP's? Or cannot use certain pins? Without a pre-determined outcome, would that still be competitive?

I mean, some grapplers would be very handicapped without their one signature move, for instance...
Old 14-Feb-15, 20:54
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

One device I'm surprised I virtually NEVER see in videos is where the guy is being dominated so completely, and they'll try one or more falls beginning with the guy having an advantage, like in a schoolboy pin position or with a bodyscissors on the girl. It would mix things up a bit, and so what if the final score is 46-0 instead of 50-0? At least that's my way of thinking. And if the guy manages to win a point being given an advantage, it could re-energize what was becoming too predictable. I don't like the idea of the girl being handicapped by wrestling under restrictive rules, just a fall or 2 or more starting with the guy in an advantageous position. Too often the guy seems to just fall into a survival/daydreaming mode when he's being dominated and it looks just like any old fantasy match.
Old 14-Feb-15, 21:00
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

If the rule is ten-count pins, those are very difficult (in reality) and the "loser", if he/she can bridge, should be able to escape.
In other words, the match should not be too one-sided and should produce some action.
Old 21-Feb-15, 11:20
Points: 4,342, Level: 27 Points: 4,342, Level: 27 Points: 4,342, Level: 27
Last Achievements

I look at the intensity

Take a look at Steve Austins broken skull challenge. The women who wrestle each other on the show, shows intensity and effort; neither girl wants to lose. If the guy isn't trying with intensity to win by attacking, its not competitive, but semi-competitive.

Tags
competitive wrestling