Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 02-Jan-17, 10:15
Points: 9,497, Level: 41 Points: 9,497, Level: 41 Points: 9,497, Level: 41
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Headscissors and Ear Damage

While being headscissored, particularly by girls with thick thighs that cover your ears as well, have anyone of you had any injury to ear / ear drum? Is it safe to be in that position and the girl exerts more pressure?

I ask this because while experiencing headscissors from girls with thick thighs, I kind of get panicked not because of fear that I'd get knocked out, but because you don't hear a thing with your ears covered and you know she's kinda forcing air into your drums (kind of a vibrating feeling) and it could probably cause damage to ear drums.

Could anyone share their info / experience / concerns on this?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MWFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Jan-17, 12:00
Points: 12,471, Level: 48 Points: 12,471, Level: 48 Points: 12,471, Level: 48
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,039 Times in 339 Posts
Default Re: Headscissors and Ear Damage

A headlock from Raquel in Seattle caused wax blockage in my right ear. I had to go get it flushed.
Old 02-Jan-17, 15:09
Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33 Points: 6,346, Level: 33
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

pfff, more then once something called a "Cauliflower Ear". The cartilage in your ear get's damaged and because the blood flow in your rears isn't that good the cartilage becomes hard. Most of the times there are small damages, give bruises but will heal within a few days/weeks. Unless it happens a lot and then you get real cauliflower ears like a lot of wrestlers and MMA athletes.
Old 02-Jan-17, 16:06
JohnODubhghaill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
pfff, more then once something called a "Cauliflower Ear". The cartilage in your ear get's damaged and because the blood flow in your rears isn't that good the cartilage becomes hard. Most of the times there are small damages, give bruises but will heal within a few days/weeks. Unless it happens a lot and then you get real cauliflower ears like a lot of wrestlers and MMA athletes.
I got these bruises on my ears after a session before. It has only happened to me once. But I am always a little more wary now as I don't want to have to explain them to people again.

I never ask for headscissors' specifically. I know some people do so I'm sure these people have gotten these bruises much more often than my once.
Old 02-Jan-17, 18:48
Points: 14,256, Level: 51 Points: 14,256, Level: 51 Points: 14,256, Level: 51
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,096 Times in 394 Posts

Ditto to Prosperity's blockage thing, caused by retired sessioner "Chelsea" Clark. Annoying (the blockage, not Chelsea).
BUT Anita Ramsey once told me that her power squeeze HS caused her costar schmoe to have bleeding from his ear. She was scary early in her career.
Old 02-Jan-17, 19:51
Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34 Points: 6,559, Level: 34
Last Achievements

I had no hearing in one ear (possibly wax build up) after getting ko'd by horrible headscissors! My gf was in a bad mood I think, I was all kinds of f'k'd up after those!!
Old 03-Jan-17, 05:11
Points: 3,837, Level: 26 Points: 3,837, Level: 26 Points: 3,837, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Wear headgear. Problem solved brother.
Old 03-Jan-17, 07:48
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Needing to pop my ears after I'm released happens fairly regularly. The bleeding from the cartilage being crushed against the side of my head not nearly as often, maybe half a dozen times if that. Nothing that lasted an hour and definitely never had to see a doctor to check or fix things. I do miss Anita, that lady had a 5th gear like few others
Old 06-Jan-18, 16:08
Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Sadly I had a session where a girl applied a quick headscissor and I immediately I felt a pain in my right ear; like someone stuck a small knife in it. She had thick legs, so for the rest of the session I had to avoid her thigh clamp against that ear otherwise the pain would intensify. Later that night I noticed intense ringing and I got a terrible headache. That was about a month ago and I still have the constant ringing in my ear (tinnitus, look it up it sucks). Not the worst thing, I admit, but still wish it didn't happen.

I looked around this forum and it seems like I'm the only one with this bad luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WindTunnel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Jan-18, 16:33
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindTunnel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sadly I had a session where a girl applied a quick headscissor and I immediately I felt a pain in my right ear; like someone stuck a small knife in it. She had thick legs, so for the rest of the session I had to avoid her thigh clamp against that ear otherwise the pain would intensify. Later that night I noticed intense ringing and I got a terrible headache. That was about a month ago and I still have the constant ringing in my ear (tinnitus, look it up it sucks). Not the worst thing, I admit, but still wish it didn't happen.

I looked around this forum and it seems like I'm the only one with this bad luck
You should see an ear doctor. Not hard to find and even if not covered by insurance, an initial visit isn't expensive. It could just be a hard bit of wax wedged close to the ear-drum. DO NOT try to remove it yourself - see a professional (if you know a nurse with experience that would work). and a lot of standard primary car doctors can remove ear wax as well.

You can say, my GF and I were messing around and wrestling a little she squeezed me, not knowing her legs were stronger than my ears. That doesn't sound too odd, so it's not like one of those "a vacuum cleaner cut off the tip of my penis" situations where it's highly embarrassing.

Also don't ear candle. While it's not necessarily dangerous most of the time, it's not recommended and not that helpful. You should get a doctor to look at this. There's a 50% chance it's just blockage and not that hard to fix, there's also a chance that it's some bruising on the ear-drum which could get better with time, but more slowly.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post: