Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Nov-18, 20:16
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts
Default What reasons someone had to do this?

I do not even get mad at receiving fake stuff like this (image attached below) I feel a tremendous compassion for humans with emotional/mental issues, which in my belief, is one of the motives for guys doing stuff like sending fake e-mails to an unknown person just for sexual/mental gratification or even for trolling. In context, this is a guy pretending to be a 28 year old Dutch Judoka that is coming to the USA and wants to train with me, the guy is using a picture of a 17 year old World Judo Champion from Ukraine. So just for fun and maybe we can learn something from this: What do you guys think is the motivation behind someone for doing this? and yes, if the guy who send this is in this forum reading, you can also participate, we promise not to expose you !
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by Anji; 06-Jan-24 at 23:11.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Nov-18, 22:34
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Default Re: What reasons someone had to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I do not even get mad at receiving fake stuff like this I feel a tremendous compassion for humans with emotional/mental issues, which in my belief, is one of the motives for guys doing stuff like sending fake e-mails to an unknown person just for sexual/mental gratification or even for trolling. In context, this is a guy pretending to be a 28 year old Dutch Judoka that is coming to the USA and wants to train with me, the guy is using a picture of a 17 year old World Judo Champion from Ukraine. So just for fun and maybe we can learn something from this: What do you guys think is the motivation behind someone for doing this? and yes, if the guy who send this is in this forum reading, you can also participate, we promise not to expose you !

Anji, my guess is he wants attention.

He may have a fetish that he’s never explored in real life. This might be his idea of how to wrestle a woman.

Yes, best case for him is he gets an invite to meet, shows up and gets a door slammed in his face. I doubt he’s thought through that part.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Nov-18, 22:45
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Yeah, pretty much a time-waster with a gimmick. They might even try to ask to "borrow" some money for the trip to visit their new found training partner...

BTW, the attachment is unviewable

Last edited by stymie; 23-Nov-18 at 23:04.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Nov-18, 23:59
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, pretty much a time-waster with a gimmick. They might even try to ask to "borrow" some money for the trip to visit their new found training partner...

BTW, the attachment is unviewable
Thank you ! I think it is fixed now as an image.
Old 24-Nov-18, 00:19
Banned
Points: 4,677, Level: 28 Points: 4,677, Level: 28 Points: 4,677, Level: 28
Activity: 18.5% Activity: 18.5% Activity: 18.5%
Last Achievements

Perhaps he tried to contact you legitimately for a session but your creeper radar went off so now he is trying to still communicate with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krunch1980 For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Nov-18, 06:02
Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Are you sure it's a guy? How do you know? Guy or chick, it could be a variety of motives - ranging from just being an internet fantasist to a set up for a con to a sincere desire to meet you combined with terrible lack of confidence. More dangerous motives are also a possibility so you would do well to avoid this person unless you are into reckless adventures yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Nov-18, 08:07
Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38 Points: 7,973, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

It is most likely a guy. I'd say more than 95% of emails to session wrestlers are sent by guys.

My first guess for the reason would be a mixture of boredom/attention-seeking (he probably sends 'fake' emails a lot) and fetish (he probably finds the idea of F-v-F training a turn-on). He also likely finds you and the girl in the picture to be turn-ons.

It's possible that your reputation for being good at responding to emails makes you more likely to be contacted by time-wasters/attention-seekers (people who just want an interaction).

It's unlikely that the reason is more sinister than this. If someone had bad intentions and wanted to meet a session wrestler, sending elaborate/unusual messages like this does not seem like the smartest way to arrange a meet-up. But I would see this email as a red flag and I would take no chances. I'd certainly discontinue communication with this person as I can't imagine anything good coming from it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNC For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Nov-18, 08:57
Producer
Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

It's a guy who wants your attention and he most likely wants that attention guided towards specific fantasies he has, which he'll begin to express if you decide to engage with him via email. He gets off on the communication, so that's what he's hoping for.

Years ago, guys would often pretend to be women on AOL messenger in order to get actual women to send pics to them. But this fantasy-seeker scam has been going on since before the internet even existed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Nov-18, 12:25
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Years ago, guys would often pretend to be women on AOL messenger in order to get actual women to send pics to them.
I learned something today. These online female impersonators never made any sense at all to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Nov-18, 00:25
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's a guy who wants your attention and he most likely wants that attention guided towards specific fantasies he has, which he'll begin to express if you decide to engage with him via email. He gets off on the communication, so that's what he's hoping for.

Years ago, guys would often pretend to be women on AOL messenger in order to get actual women to send pics to them. But this fantasy-seeker scam has been going on since before the internet even existed.
I agree with this, as well as the person above who mention the attention factor.

It sucks you have to deal with BS like this. I'd say this is a minority of guys, but there are always bad people (both clients and providers) in any industry, sadly.

I will say that it was fairly terrifying for me when I first actually contacted and met a session wreslter for the first time after years of having fantasies. That being said, I'm an honest person with integrity and would never lie and concoct a ruse like this. But I'm just explaining that many guys have had these fantasies for years and feel ashamed and stigmatized on some level. So if it's a guy, maybe he wants attention and doesn't know how to deal with his fantasies in a healthy way. Not justifying this person's behavior at all; you shouldn't have to put up with crap like this. Just explaining where it could be coming from.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post: