Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Apr-19, 19:32
Points: 6,976, Level: 35 Points: 6,976, Level: 35 Points: 6,976, Level: 35
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Default Offence for unskilled male

I really enjoy competitive sessions, but am also submissive. I want to try my hardest, but lose. I’m pretty small, but get told I’m very strong and have good defence, so I often get into advantageous positions, but give them up to be on the back foot and defending - as I don’t want to spending my money not enjoying my fantasy. I think every comp session I’ve had I’ve lost the first fall to a RNC, usually by giving my back.

But I’m thinkinb now, let’s actually go for it, see if I can have a proper comp session where I don’t give up position and try and win.

Therefore, for an unskilled male, what would you say the best two plans are for...

1. Facing each other both on knees (i.e. A) hand round back of the neck and force down. B) push her over and onto her back avoiding guard position

Then 2) side mount, and 3) full mount.

I’m thinking head locks will probably be the best bet? And chest smother (granted I have pecs and not tits)
Old 26-Apr-19, 21:34
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts
Default Re: Offence for unskilled male

It depends on how skilled you opponent is:
Headlocks rarely work on a trained partner, specially if she knows BJJ (blue belt and above). Guillotines are a better bet.
Starting on the knees is safe and the number one priority is keep posture and control at least one wrist, with WRIST CONTROL you can start an arm drag and take the back.
If you can get to side control, use your weight and pin or submit form there or mount (mount is unstable specially for inexperience grapplers). Also, beginners rely on strength too much, specially upper body, don't forget to use your legs and the power of your hips. It is an extensive subject, just relax, breath and keep it playful.There are many grappling 101 tutorials on youtube that can be helpful.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Apr-19, 22:48
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The423 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I really enjoy competitive sessions, but am also submissive. I want to try my hardest, but lose. I’m pretty small, but get told I’m very strong and have good defence, so I often get into advantageous positions, but give them up to be on the back foot and defending - as I don’t want to spending my money not enjoying my fantasy. I think every comp session I’ve had I’ve lost the first fall to a RNC, usually by giving my back.

But I’m thinkinb now, let’s actually go for it, see if I can have a proper comp session where I don’t give up position and try and win.

Therefore, for an unskilled male, what would you say the best two plans are for...

1. Facing each other both on knees (i.e. A) hand round back of the neck and force down. B) push her over and onto her back avoiding guard position

Then 2) side mount, and 3) full mount.

I’m thinking head locks will probably be the best bet? And chest smother (granted I have pecs and not tits)
Have you never had a competitive session where you went full out and lost? I'm not sure how small you are, or how good your defense is, but a lot of guys can find women who are good enough to beat them.

When I started sessioning, an initial disappointment was that I won, but I was a fit 5'10, 155 lb, skinny but athletic guy and most of the ladies were smaller than me, so I won my first several matches.

Ziggy was the first lady who came close to being my equal. We roughly traded falls, though in the end I think I won about 60%-65% of the time. I had weight on her though and this was before she'd studied ju jitsu.

Early on I'd often wrestle 2 ladies at the same time if I wanted to lose and I recommend that. it cost more, but if you want to be pushed around, 2 ladies are much better than one.

Johanna Needham and Michelle Falsetta were the first ladies I found who could actually beat me. Helen von Mott was the 3rd - and this was before Helen learned ju jitsu and got very muscular. She was about 155 lbs, lean and flexible and she was an absolutely amazing session the first time I wrestled her. The 2nd time, she'd gotten too strong for my taste, but the first time we wrestled, I had so much fun. I even pinned her once, but only once. She got me to tap or pin about 5 or 6 times in our hour together

As I got older and ladies got better, I found other ladies who could beat me even if I gave my all. Shannon Logan, Gianna, Jolie, Yasmin, Malory Sin, so, while I've generally been fit my entire life, well, at least, well into my 40s, less so in my 50s, but despite being athletic and reasonably strong, I was able to find a number of women who beat me pretty easily.

But I digress.

Who are the toughest ladies you've wrestled, that is, who came closest to you when you went competitive? Maybe you're better than you imply.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Apr-19, 00:00
Points: 5,012, Level: 30 Points: 5,012, Level: 30 Points: 5,012, Level: 30
Last Achievements

You honestly won't get that much better unless you train a little bit. Even if its just in your garage working techniques with a friend. Youtube can give you some good ideas for these positions, and you may be able to pull off some of the techniques against non-resisting / unskilled opponents. However, if they don't become a part of you muscle memory / neural pathways through practice and repetition there's a small chance they'll work with opponents with any type of skill or experience.
Old 27-Apr-19, 09:29
Last Achievements

Thanks all for your reply

Ok thanks Anji, stay strong and Tall. Maybe my best bet is to stay on top and try and wear them down.

LTK - It’s not that I’ve never lost (I’ve lost every time), it’s more that I’ve never really tried - as I’m naturally submissive... there are plenty of women who can beat me... (meeting Axa in July again). So when I get into say mount, a pretty strong position, I usually just pretend to lose balance and roll to the side... or I’ll oretend to fall back and leave them get full mount.

But when I’m in those strong positions, if I am going to give it a proper go, I want to understand what my options are.

I’ve wrestled two ladies at a time, have a read of one of my recent posts about my experience.

Jou- ye, I kind of don’t want to skill up too much, just understand what are the most basic attacks with the best success rate
The Following User Says Thank You to The423 For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Apr-19, 15:38
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The423 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks all for your reply

Ok thanks Anji, stay strong and Tall. Maybe my best bet is to stay on top and try and wear them down.

LTK - It’s not that I’ve never lost (I’ve lost every time), it’s more that I’ve never really tried - as I’m naturally submissive... there are plenty of women who can beat me... (meeting Axa in July again). So when I get into say mount, a pretty strong position, I usually just pretend to lose balance and roll to the side... or I’ll oretend to fall back and leave them get full mount.

But when I’m in those strong positions, if I am going to give it a proper go, I want to understand what my options are.

I’ve wrestled two ladies at a time, have a read of one of my recent posts about my experience.

Jou- ye, I kind of don’t want to skill up too much, just understand what are the most basic attacks with the best success rate
Sorry if I misread your post. I make that error sometimes.

There's something fun about getting the advantage, and the lady gets pissed at you, and she pays you back in kind. If you want to live a little dangerously that is.
Old 02-May-19, 16:28
Points: 1,270, Level: 14 Points: 1,270, Level: 14 Points: 1,270, Level: 14

Hi - new member here.

Good topic! I am now 48 and have had 12 mixed wrestling matches over about 15 years (due to the cost it is an occasional hobby for me, but I DO plan to do more of this before I get too old to move, lol).

I am not into domination but am attracted / turned on by wrestling itself. Thus I do put up as much resistance as I can manage. That said, I don't mind admitting that I have been defeated every single time - although I have won a few submissions.

Other than a lack of offensive skills, as the original poster describes, my main problem is that I'd be completely horrified if I ended up accidentally hurting a lady. This is an issue for me, because it means I hold back more than I perhaps could or should. I feel I would get more out of the sessions if I had more skill / courage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockhead For This Useful Post:
Old 02-May-19, 22:50
Last Achievements

Who have you sessioned with?
Old 04-May-19, 09:46
Points: 1,270, Level: 14 Points: 1,270, Level: 14 Points: 1,270, Level: 14

Quote:
Who have you sessioned with?
In recent years - Blaze, Jade, Sativa, Justice

In times gone by - Cindy Huntress (ouch!), Lina, and several others who have long since disappeared from the scene.

Tags
competitive male offence