Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Nov-15, 16:15
Points: 7,618, Level: 37 Points: 7,618, Level: 37 Points: 7,618, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ronda KO'd in 2nd Round!

It's over for Rousey. The entire media personality built on this invincible character that wins fights in 30 seconds is gone for good. Forget it, it's dead and buried. She wasn't just beaten, she was battered and smashed around the place like a kid throwing a toy around his room. I know this is a fetish forum and everyone gets excited about her taking on the men. Pssh, let's put that to bed now. If anything the Rousey/Holm fight has showed how poor womens MMA really is.
Old 20-Nov-15, 17:50
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I remember, I think it was Miesha?, referring to Ronda's shit-talking before one of their fights saying "but what if you lose?" And Ronda said something about losing never entering her mind, never considers the possibility, etc. I think her overconfidence/arrogance helped her make more money, and she can cry her way to the bank. But the flip side is NOW she looks more like a paper tiger to the general public she was sold to. She can win again, even become champ, but like you said, her whole persona you could liken to a cartoonish superhero. That Ronda is gone forever. If her pride can take it, and the general public will buy it, she'll have to reinvent herself as the comeback kid.
Old 20-Nov-15, 19:41
Producer
Points: 2,663, Level: 21 Points: 2,663, Level: 21 Points: 2,663, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Ronda's early UFC fights were all settled by arm bar. In more recent matches, though, she seemed determined to beat her opponent at the opponent's "own game." And, to her credit, she pulled it off. I wasn't surprised, therefore, that she tried to outbox her boxing opponent. I think there was a bit of hubris at work here, and next time, she'd be wise to force the action to the mat where arguably she'd have an advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Full match download: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Why the heck did she choose to box with a boxer? Why didn't she try to take her down? This should have been a classic striker vs grappler match.

Also, how in the world did Holly Holm take down Ronda?

The whole fight looked fishy, to be honest... Either that, or all the drama with her coach / mom / new boyfriend messed Ronda's head up.
Old 20-Nov-15, 20:43
Points: 6,004, Level: 33 Points: 6,004, Level: 33 Points: 6,004, Level: 33
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compents [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ronda's early UFC fights were all settled by arm bar. In more recent matches, though, she seemed determined to beat her opponent at the opponent's "own game." And, to her credit, she pulled it off. I wasn't surprised, therefore, that she tried to outbox her boxing opponent. I think there was a bit of hubris at work here, and next time, she'd be wise to force the action to the mat where arguably she'd have an advantage.
I believe she definitely was determined to out box the world champion boxer. That way, she could have laughed at everyone who bitched about her being on the cover of Ring Magazine (And she would have).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awesomesauce For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Nov-15, 21:15
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,689 Times in 9,926 Posts

Freddie Roach says, "Ronda needs to learn how to box"

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Nov-15, 00:16
Producer
Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72 Points: 27,518, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessington [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If anything the Rousey/Holm fight has showed how poor womens MMA really is.
Mmmm..... One of the primary knocks against women's fighting sports is the lack of knockouts. And the most popular small MEN's fighting events were never as big worldwide as world championship heavyweight boxing matches. The entire world knew Ali and Frazier. People on his own block don't even know Floyd Mayweather.

Even though Rousey has not been in competitive MMA that long, more people seemed to be talking about her than were ever interested in Gina Carano. But even though she was the subject of many conversations, fans and casual observers had begun to consider her fights "boring".

I can't speak about the rest of the world, but Americans are savages. We love seeing people get beaten up. It's just in our national DNA. Yes, there are anti-Ronda people out there who enjoyed seeing *her* get her ass kicked, but even fans of hers enjoyed the fact that her sport's biggest event featured a knockout. They would love for it to have been the other way around, but knockouts are hot. And the fact that it came as the culmination of a vicious beatdown was even hotter in the minds of those fans.

Holly's knockout has people talking about women's MMA in a way that even men's MMA hasn't been discussed since the days of Couture and Liddell.

I know Floyd Mayweather, but I could not name a single men's MMA title holder at the moment and I'm willing to bet that's true for a MAJORITY of people who have talked at all about or who paid any attention to the Holly Holm-Ronda Rousey fight last weekend. And that's because of the knockout. If Holly had won a decision on points, there's no way that the conversation reaches nearly the same level.

Last edited by KillerCrushes; 21-Nov-15 at 08:17.
Old 21-Nov-15, 04:41
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,689 Times in 9,926 Posts

Holly Holm: "Ronda Rousey doesn't know what a war is like."

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Nov-15, 15:53
Points: 57,599, Level: 100 Points: 57,599, Level: 100 Points: 57,599, Level: 100
Activity: 95.2% Activity: 95.2% Activity: 95.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

Holly broke the image and broke the girl.
Old 22-Nov-15, 02:27
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-15, 03:12
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I believe she definitely was determined to out box the world champion boxer. That way, she could have laughed at everyone who bitched about her being on the cover of Ring Magazine (And she would have).
Did you watch the fight? She was always trying to get the fight to the ground. Holly was too good at establishing distance. And when they clinched, Holly was better there too. There were at least 5 times where she finally got a hold of Holly and tried to get Holly on the ground. The one time she got Holly to the ground, Holm escaped the armbar attempt with relative ease. You could see her getting demoralized as the fight went on.She was like.... who the fuck am I fighting here?
The Following User Says Thank You to paul0415 For This Useful Post: