Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Zoe vs Paola (competitive facesit wrestling). Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-77.

Old 13-Nov-17, 04:36
Points: 5,945, Level: 32 Points: 5,945, Level: 32 Points: 5,945, Level: 32
Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8% Activity: 8.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Potential Mixed MMA Match: Brad Kohler vs TBD

if it did happen, it would be more of a publicity stunt than anything else.
Old 13-Nov-17, 05:30
Producer
Points: 10,244, Level: 43 Points: 10,244, Level: 43 Points: 10,244, Level: 43
Activity: 38.2% Activity: 38.2% Activity: 38.2%
Last Achievements

Any 135-lb-or-heavier female with about 6 months of legitimate MMA training would've beaten at least half the guys I saw fighting last night.
Old 14-Nov-17, 02:03
Points: 16,065, Level: 55 Points: 16,065, Level: 55 Points: 16,065, Level: 55
Activity: 61.8% Activity: 61.8% Activity: 61.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,784 Times in 346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Any 135-lb-or-heavier female with about 6 months of legitimate MMA training would've beaten at least half the guys I saw fighting last night.
Are you talking abt ufc last weekend? Then u r saying entire bantam weight women can beat half of those guys.
Old 14-Nov-17, 04:59
Points: 1,286, Level: 14 Points: 1,286, Level: 14 Points: 1,286, Level: 14
Activity: 23.5% Activity: 23.5% Activity: 23.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am sure you are just expression frustration at the event, but if yiu have done any training you would surely appreciate how difficult the sport is?
Old 17-Nov-17, 19:10
Points: 55,912, Level: 100 Points: 55,912, Level: 100 Points: 55,912, Level: 100
Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,599 Times in 2,481 Posts

Here's a video posted 11/14, Brad Kohler calls in to discuss the proposed January 12 match:

GO TO 19:00

HE SAYS IT WON'T BE A GIMMICKED FIGHT (LIKE JEFF JARRET VS CHYNA) - IT WILL BE "BACKYARD RULES" (BUT LATER HE TALKS ABOUT SPECIAL RULES?) W/ 3 MINUTE ROUNDS, W/MMA GLOVES - IT WILL BE A BADASS (BUT NOT PRO) FEMALE FIGHTER VS SOME TOUGH GUY FROM WHAT THEY SAY - THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE IT AS EVEN AS POSSIBLE AND WILL MODIFY THE RULES A BIT (SOUNDS LIKE THEY MAY RESTRICT THE MAN TO ONLY OPEN HAND STRIKES WHILE THE WOMAN CAN GO FULL MMA 0R MAYBE STRIKES ALLOWED WHILE STANDING AND ONLY GRAPPLING AND NO ELBOW STRIKES ON GROUND) - IT WILL ONLY BE AN AMATEUR CONTEST EXHIBITION - THE MONEY IS COMING FROM BUSINESSMEN AND SPONSORSHIPS - THEY ARE GOING TO BE DOING AT LEAST 2 MORE EVENTS, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT INCLUDE A MIXED FIGHT - HE CLAIMS ABOUT 90% APPROVAL FOR THE FIGHT FROM SOCIAL MEDIA - HE SAYS THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THE FEMALE CONTESTANT NEXT WEEK THEN BEGIN THE SEARCH FOR HER MALE OPPONENT

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by stymie; 17-Nov-17 at 19:40.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Nov-17, 01:25
Points: 16,065, Level: 55 Points: 16,065, Level: 55 Points: 16,065, Level: 55
Activity: 61.8% Activity: 61.8% Activity: 61.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,784 Times in 346 Posts

Wow, then it will be a very interesting fight
Old 18-Nov-17, 05:18
Points: 55,912, Level: 100 Points: 55,912, Level: 100 Points: 55,912, Level: 100
Last Achievements

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Nov-17, 17:27
Points: 5,313, Level: 31 Points: 5,313, Level: 31 Points: 5,313, Level: 31
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%

Thanked 1,028 Times in 286 Posts

To be honest, I don't really like this idea, this whole thing just looks too trashy to me.

A normal man would never want to punch a random woman who he doesn't even know in the face, the only reason why there will be candidates here is because of the possibility of winning a huge financial reward. It's a bit like telling people to brutally beat up a puppy, of course normal people wouldn't do it but if you'd offer them one million you'd quickly have people lining up. This "gender wars" organization is basically offering money to people to degrade themselves and to bring the worst instincts out of them.

Considering how high the prize is it could turn out really dirty and nasty too.

I don't want to moralize, I'm just saying that for me personally it's not something I can really enjoy.

I wouldn't mind a man competing with a woman in an exhibition match if there would be some competitive and sportsmanship motive behind it, for example the best women challenging specific men they think they can beat to see where their level and the level of women's sport is like the battle of the sexes in tennis. For example if someone like Valentina Shevchenko fought "a CM Punk" it would be intriguing and it could bring some respect to WMMA depending on how the fight would go. Or if there is some personal reason for a man and a woman to fight.

This however will be a "fight" between a "housewife" (like they said it) with some basic MMA skills and some weak skinny wimp and they don't even know each other beforehand. It will be very primitive and only money-motivated, it won't be nice to look at. It's pretty obvious that they're hoping that the woman wins and have handicapped the match in her favor, so at least in theory the woman should be safe. Since the man can't punch her on the ground but she can punch him they'll probably bring some woman with good enough grappling to drag it to the ground and eventually scrap a win.

You never know though, it could end up really bad for the woman if the man who signs up turns out to be a legitimate fighter. There's no way the organizers could really check the man's real skills. Some skinny 125 lbs guy could send a video of doing the most ridiculous Jackie Chan impression possible to make them think he doesn't have a clue but in reality he could be a trained MMA fighter. Conor McGregor's first loss was against some skinny Russian guy who weighed like 120 pounds and you'd think that a little girl could beat him but in reality he was a skilled sambo fighter and submitted Conor inside a minute with a leglock.

This is why there is a huge risk here, with 1 million on the line some local small hard hitting boxer could sign up and hide his skills and then crack the woman really badly with his punches. Prince Naseem Hamed was a 5'4.5'' guy but had brutal KO power and could punch "like a heavyweight", a lot of weak looking men out there can hit really hard. It can get really dangerous. I also don't trust the organizers and the people involved, are they going to be able to provide good enough medical assistance? This won't even be propperly sanctioned.

I just don't like it and I think it can easily go really wrong. Also, it makes the entire sport of MMA look bad. It's ridiculous that the winner of this fight will be one of the best paid MMA fighters this year. Most UFC guys will never see that kind of money. It just doesn't seem fair. The sport is losing credibility fast lately due to all kinds of events and this will just make it even worse.

On a side note, isn't the Russian MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko the president of the MMA union in Russia? I wouldn't be surprised if he would start protesting against this once he finds out. He was very vocal against children fighting in MMA in Kadyrov's promotion in Chechnya and he made remarks against women fighting in the past. No way he would condone this if it becomes a thing. He is a very religious man. He is also a friend of Putin so he might use his influence and stop this party before it even starts.
The Following User Says Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Dec-17, 03:26
Last Achievements

Fight's still on...some male challengers have posted videos. Man hasn't been chosen yet.