Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Stories

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 13-Jan-16, 20:06
Points: 4,893, Level: 29 Points: 4,893, Level: 29 Points: 4,893, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: My four biggest pet peeves in m/f fighting stories

Totally fun thread! In general, I prefer the stories that are at least conceivable as realistic, even if they stretch the boundaries a bit. Like: "120 lb cheerleader beats up the whole football team" isn't for me. But "120 lb girl surprises her 170 lb boyfriend when they play-wrestle" does.

Definitely love the ones where a girl "discovers" her strength. Also love the stories about competition -- girlfriend challenges boyfriend to a lifting contest one month from now, works hard in the gym to get stronger than he is, etc.

But I distinctly remember when I was like 14 or 15 having more superhero-ish fantasies. Like, I imagined one girl in my class - a pretty cheerleader who was probably 97 lbs - lifting up the front of a car, her tiny biceps swelling into canteloupe size muscles, tearing through her sleeves. OK, that's still a little bit of a turn-on
Old 13-Jan-16, 20:53
Points: 36,001, Level: 83 Points: 36,001, Level: 83 Points: 36,001, Level: 83
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,802 Times in 669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameking [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's true. All of it. Nobody likes MonkeyFreed.

I can't comment on the whole celebrity thing, since I'm guilty as charged of going to that well. Even worse that I've cut out the created character in favor of celeb/celeb, but tomayto, tomahto. I think the reason why celebrities getting more write-ups than session wrestlers is that we can watch them wrestle or dominant via video or pictures. If done well it can be a fun read, if it's not done well.....there's a Rousey/Holm II story that's a great example of bad celebrity writing. Once again, just my opinion.

My pet peeves:

-Excess Violence/brutality (Bone breaking, major physical harm and death): In my mind, a cut lip or a bloody nose when done right, can add drama to a story. When things start to look like a 1980's NWA match, then I get a little uneasy with the story. Unless it's pro-style and it's a gimmick match, but that's the one exception. Seakings (Which was linked and boy has it gone downhill) had some excessively brutal stories that were both mixed and fem/fem that seemed to be written just to be brutal. I don't mind a good squash match, but after awhile I just want the match to end already.

-Bodily functions being used: If stuff like cum, piss and shit are used to humiliate your opponent....that's just awful. Just have the guy or girl climax and that's it. Don't need to read the opponents cum being rubbed in their face or anything.

These last two were talked about earlier in the thread, but it's still peeves of mine.

-Really boring play-by-play: This was covered in the thread earlier and I can be guilty of this at times, but if it's just a basic write-up of the holds, I'm not reading. At least describe how the hold works, how much pain the victim is in or how much the person applying the hold is enjoying it. Be descriptive dammit! That's why I despise reading recaps of sporting events like wrestling or MMA because they're so damn boring. I'd rather watch a stream in a language I don't understand or on twitter since it has emotion attached to it.

-Stories about shows/movies/books/games that have no right having a story written about them: I can top the Popeye story. Full House f/m beatdown with Stephanie Tanner getting beat up.

Yep
Wait... A full house one?! Just... Wow.
Old 13-Jan-16, 21:20
gameking

It was on sleepkids site back in 2002/3.
Old 13-Jan-16, 21:37
Points: 36,001, Level: 83 Points: 36,001, Level: 83 Points: 36,001, Level: 83
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,802 Times in 669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameking [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It was on sleepkids site back in 2002/3.
People call me weird.

Oh yeah, I have another two pet peeves.

1. Excessive swearing.

When Joey was kicked in the shin by Sara, he cussed. "-)/)-6/$6-)/!:! ¥\£|%|?]>|%%] '!|>|#]<\>\^\^^\ on a stick.

No one likes overt swearing.

2. Large women beating weak men up.

Olga, the 7'3 Behemoth and champion boxer challenged her opponent, simple tailor Garak, who was 5'1.

Yeah, I like big women wrestling, but not against big women and small men. Make the men big too! It's obvious who will win.
Old 15-Jan-16, 13:32
Points: 14,307, Level: 51 Points: 14,307, Level: 51 Points: 14,307, Level: 51
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,352 Times in 147 Posts

I've got two big ones, a small one and one that's just not for me:

First: Unrealistic measurements. When I read a story and there's a 5'10" 103 pound woman with double D breasts I'm left scratching my head. I'm going to give away one of my tricks here - I use a site called [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] to visualize a rough idea of size/weights. (My wife keeps telling me not to even list weight, but I'm afraid it's tough for me to communicate what I'm picturing otherwise)

Second: Too much setup. Earlier in the thread fantasy stories were mentioned, and while I like these, I've noticed they tend to have horribly long setups; if there's ten pages of the political and military history of the Queendom of Thighvania before the action starts, my eyes start glazing over. If the introduction is the same length as the story, it's just too long for me.

And my minor one: Too much yelling. I think this was covered earlier, but it really takes me out of the story where people keep YELLING during the match. "OH FUKKKKKKKK YOU'RE CRUSHING ME WITH YOUR EXTREMELY POWERFUL FEMININE THIGHS THAT ARE SO STRONG BUT ALSO SMOOTHLY MUSCLED. WHAT A FOOL I WAS TO CHALLENGE YOUR FEMALE POWER" Bob screamed. "I FIRST REALIZED THAT I HAVE MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE WHEN YOUR THIGHS CLOSED AROUND MY HEAD. MY REGRET AT CHALLENGING YOU WAS ONLY DEEPENED WHEN...."

Finally, one style I just don't like: Celebrity vs celebrity stories. I understand the appeal of these, but for me I just can't get past having rich, famous celebrities in a underground wrestling club. If I'm reading Selena Gomez versus Jennifer Lawrence, I just can't get it past it.

Edit: I remembered one more thing, although it's for F/F fights only - women fighting over 1. clothes or 2. a man. I can't think of any older, lamer cliche in stories that always makes me groan when I read it.

Last edited by SuperDeadlyHamAttack; 15-Jan-16 at 13:56. Reason: added one more thing
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SuperDeadlyHamAttack For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jan-16, 18:45
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

"...military history of the Queendom of Thighvania..."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jan-16, 23:49
Points: 5,028, Level: 30 Points: 5,028, Level: 30 Points: 5,028, Level: 30
Last Achievements

I have a load of pet peeves with stories, enough to write a long article. But for the sake of time and space, I will list just six things that make me moan, roll my eyes, and make a mental note of who the author is so I can avoid him/her for the next time.
I'm in total agreement with Ham Attack about two women fighting over men. It used to be the old stereotype of two men fighting over a woman. I think it's safe to say that both have been overdone. If that person can't make up their mind, then it's not worth fighting over. That could work with teenagers with no sense and don't know any better, but 30-year-olds? Nah. A similar thing with F/F fights is the leading line, "Sally and Donna has hated each other for years." People who hate each other usually keep away from each other, not plot a fight with them, unless you're talking about dumb teenagers again.
Talking while fighting always annoyed me. For anyone who's been in a real fight, you do not have the time or breath to call the opponent names and insult them. Of course you could, but that would be a surefire way to get your bell rung.
Again, I agree with Ham Attack on the wacked-out measurements. A little science fact: muscle weighs more than fat. Or to put this another way, your buff, hot neighborlady who does crossfit will probably weigh more than that Sports Illustrated swimsuit model who happens to be the same height. Nothing's wrong with being heavy if the weight is in the right places.
Scissors and ballbusting: While scissors look seductive to a lot of people, it is not the most practical hold in the world. That's why it annoys me when I read a wrestling story, and from nowhere, the woman locks a leg scissors on the victim. What, he didn't see it coming? As a man, I don't see anything exciting about reading the tale of a man's testicles being smashed into jelly. Plus, a veteran fighter would know enough to protect that area. A story where the man gets kicked in the pocket again and again makes me go elsewhere. Besides, if done enough times, the man could be killed. No one thinks of that.
There is one paragraph that always annoyed me as well, sexy. What is sexy? Sexy could be anything you want. Some people think large breasts are sexy, while others think small pert ones look nice. Some people think an hourglass figure is sexy, while others think muscles are sexy. Then again, some people think hairy armpits are sexy while others think body odor is sexy (believe it or not, I've ran across stories like that). Get the picture? Sexy is one of those words that could mean anything and describe nothing. That's why I don't use it.
And finally, one of my biggest pet peeves is the lack of proofreading. If you care enough to put a story online, then you should care enough to read over it, and clean it up so you don't sound like a half-literate high school sophomore. For those who have English as a second language, I give them a pass. Our language is rather difficult. But for those who live in Iowa, for example, there's no excuse.
So there's my little list. It's by no means exhaustive, but there it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mongoose750 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jan-16, 00:12
Producer
Points: 45,935, Level: 94 Points: 45,935, Level: 94 Points: 45,935, Level: 94
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,385 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyHamAttack [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I
First: Unrealistic measurements. When I read a story and there's a 5'10" 103 pound woman with double D breasts I'm left scratching my head. I'm going to give away one of my tricks here - I use a site called [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] to visualize a rough idea of size/weights. (My wife keeps telling me not to even list weight, but I'm afraid it's tough for me to communicate what I'm picturing otherwise)
That's a cool site. Also agreed on that peeve. A similar girl may also say that her breasts are "all natural" and super perky. That's just not happening.
Old 16-Jan-16, 12:21
Producer
Points: 16,577, Level: 56 Points: 16,577, Level: 56 Points: 16,577, Level: 56
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 702 Posts

It's all fantasy, take enjoy what you like and leave what you don't like.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rvwrestlling For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jan-16, 13:59
Points: 5,028, Level: 30 Points: 5,028, Level: 30 Points: 5,028, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Fantasy or not, it's no excuse for not writing your best. Think what would happen if they had that attitude while making movies.
Oh, wait a minute, a lot of them do.
Well write your best anyway.