Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Jan-19, 10:14
Points: 5,812, Level: 32 Points: 5,812, Level: 32 Points: 5,812, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Pro wrestling questions

Well, even after all the years watching (and experiencing ) mixed wrestling scene, I still do not quite know how to take so called "pro wrestling". I mean, I understand how it works and why it works, and I can actually enjoy highly skilled athletic girls to perform those awesome stunts, and I can even find the fantasy they enact exciting... but still within the lines "well, it is obvious from the start the scenarists want this one to win in the end" or "these holds were chosen because they can be performed without harming anyone and yet look brutal" and sometimes "well, this is too much overacting".

What I do not understand is how pro wrestling fans take it. I believe vast majority must know it is all scripted and enacted, right? Do they appreciate the artistic part of it (how well the scenario is written etc.) or they just try to forget and perceive it as real? Or just as a soap-opera - they know it is scripted, and just enjoy the story the authors present to them, curious about how it evolve further?

And what about discussions, and media? Is there a consensus "we all play with them", and does it only talk about "XY trashed AB brutally yesterday, which is even worse because of what happens between AB's wife and XY" or are there also media and discussions talking about "the match had great choreography and the holds were performed perfectly, with maybe XY rolling away too early during second diving drop, and AB a bit overacting in the end, but it extends the story with AB's wife nicely, and we can suppose scenarists will follow this storyline for a while" or something like that?

Or, is it rather tabu, and noone talks about pro wrestling this way? I do not want to offend anyone, I just want to understand this phenomenon, so if there are any Pro wrestling fans, I will appreciate their opinion. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobRoy For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-19, 16:08
Points: 5,812, Level: 32 Points: 5,812, Level: 32 Points: 5,812, Level: 32
Last Achievements

Default Re: Pro wrestling questions

Seems it is taboo even to talk about whether this topic is taboo .

Seriously, there are no fans of pro wrestling here? What is your point of view? Thanks...
Old 14-Jan-19, 16:18
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What I do not understand is how pro wrestling fans take it. I believe vast majority must know it is all scripted and enacted, right? Do they appreciate the artistic part of it (how well the scenario is written etc.) or they just try to forget and perceive it as real? Or just as a soap-opera - they know it is scripted, and just enjoy the story the authors present to them, curious about how it evolve further.
Yes.
Old 14-Jan-19, 22:41
Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,833 Times in 574 Posts

I know it's scripted and mostly fake or at least decent acting, but I also like watching the women performing and selling the show. As for the soap opera, I couldn't care less about all that stuff. And all the baloney that goes on before some matches where everyone has to say something or prance around the ring is irritating. Just get on with wrestling.
The Following User Says Thank You to elliebi001 For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jan-20, 15:33
figure4woo
This message has been deleted by figure4woo. Reason: I may be offline for a while. Not sure how often can check back here.