Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Dec-16, 19:06
Points: 4,423, Level: 28 Points: 4,423, Level: 28 Points: 4,423, Level: 28
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Wrestling Events (Like Grapple Den - Baltimore)

Wow @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. Awesome thread you sent me to. Just what I'd like to find, and if I do it again, I'll be sure not to be as shy. I'd love to hear more about some actual male vs. female matches from these events that don't involve pros as that's what I'd be doing. I have heard from other places that the ladies do surprisingly hold their own against guys in some of the unplanned matches.

In a perfect world, I could only hope an 150lb gymnast showed up the night I made it there and presented a friendly challenge. lol
Old 27-Dec-16, 21:13
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Wrestling Events (Like Grapple Den- Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennurliart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There is a DC grapple den??? Wow!
Can one get info without joining fetlife? I feel a little weirded out providing my phone number during the sign-up process.
I don't remember the phone number part, but my experience is that fetlife is pretty safe. I've been a member for about 4 years. One of the worst things they can do is have bad security and let people's names, e-mails and phone numbers get out, so they're probably pretty careful in that regards just cause it would ruin their business if they weren't.

Maybe someone else here has a different opinion but I think joining fetlife is safe enough.
Old 27-Dec-16, 21:17
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,351 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just curious, do you have to pay money to have matches with females? I wouldn't be against that. Certainly 5 minutes with VeVe would be well worth it.
Of course not. Anyone can have casual matches with anyone, provided everyone involved agrees.

However, at my NYC parties, there are options for professional private mini sessions. These are exactly what the name implies: pro sessions in a more private area of the space. However, although mini sessions are certainly allowed, they are by no means the norm; these particular parties are not build around pay-for-play.

Not all women who attend the NYC party are session wrestlers. In fact, that majority are not. It is more of a fun community event, rather than a professional industry event.

I can't speak for Baltimore, but I don't think many, if any, professional session wrestlers attend there. But check the FetLife group to be sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 28-Dec-16, 00:08
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,351 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default Re: Wrestling Events (Like Grapple Den- Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennurliart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There is a DC grapple den??? Wow!
Can one get info without joining fetlife? I feel a little weirded out providing my phone number during the sign-up process.

Oh, hey, I have a few "invites" that are sitting unused on my FetLife account. If a current member sends you an invite, then you can join without having to provide your phone number for the confirmation code.

Just let me know, and I can hook you up with that so you can join FetLife without the verification aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't remember the phone number part, but my experience is that fetlife is pretty safe. I've been a member for about 4 years. One of the worst things they can do is have bad security and let people's names, e-mails and phone numbers get out, so they're probably pretty careful in that regards just cause it would ruin their business if they weren't.

Maybe someone else here has a different opinion but I think joining fetlife is safe enough.
FetLife did somethings recently to change how new members join. One of the first aspects of the change was that new members could join join if invited by existing members. But that was later relaxed a bit, and thus came the phone number verification process, which is what @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is referencing. So, new members who are not invited can join, but they need to do the phone / text message verification.

However, the thing with the invites from existing members still stands. So, if someone wanted to join but didn't want to go through the phone number / text message verification process, he could just get an invite from an existing member.
Old 03-Jan-17, 04:19
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Ok, so I have a LOT to say about this, as I've attended at least 3-4 grappling dens. For starters:

1) Over the last 3 years or so, the grappling dens have been held in several different venues in the DC-Baltimore area. The group is called Washington, DC grapple den but none of the events I've attended actually took place in DC proper. Two or three were in Frederick, MD - about an hour north of DC and also pretty close to Baltimore - and one was at the Baltimore Playhouse, a BDSM/kink venue in Baltimore. I believe the venue in Frederick shut down since, but I'm not positive about that since I haven't been in the area in a bit.

2) Yes, you can 100% get M vs F matches. The quality of your opponent can vary widely, but I've had a great time at every one of these events. Matches tend to be quite spontaneous. I've had probably a total of 7 or 8 matches with 5 different women at the events I've been to. One of them was an expert grappler...the others were total amateurs but pretty attractive and fun to grapple with.

Honestly, you pretty much just need to go and have an open mind. I've tried messaging some people before-hand, but that doesn't guarantee a match. If you're outgoing, good-looking, or a really skilled grappler, that will definitely help get matches. Many people who attend are fairly inexperienced, but there are some people with belts in BJJ and some former high school wrestlers too. Matches can range from semi-comp to comp to fantasy/senusual (although fantasy is honestly mostly people who come as couples or otherwise know each other...this ain't session wrestling, folks, and the average woman doesn't want some rando copping a feel, etc...)

3) As stated above...this ain't session wrestling! There's one main female who attends often who is excellent. Most of the others have never done this before, except maybe with a brother or a boyfriend...so don't really know what they're doing. Fine with me. Session wrestlers are often very attractive...you'll find a wide range here...I'd go into it just looking to have a fun, playful time, and then you'll be happy. Don't expect a bunch of women with the looks and skills of Ashley Wildcat. And remember that, even if the event is promoted on FetLife, since people are new to this, any matches may be a little less "fetish-y" than you might have with experience session wrestlers. There are usually more men than women, so it's up to the guys to be courteous, not creepy, and for us to try to get more ladies to come.

But I can honestly say I've met a few very sexy ladies who had a great time rolling around with me, and were pretty scrappy. For a $20 cover or so, that's well worth it to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jan-17, 19:37
Last Achievements

Wow @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]ten..thanks for the input! This sounds exactly like something I would love to attend. I'm guessing at 5'11" 180lbs, not that strong nor a good wrestler, I'd probably get some decent matches.

I'd love to hear some specifics about your matches if it's not imposing. Did you win them all? Even against the "expert" grappler. What's your record? Of course, i have no idea of your own level.

What do the guys and ladies wear? Does the crowd typically cheer for the lady?

So many questions, I know, sorry, but you and @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] sure have piqued my interest!

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Tothebeach2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Jan-17, 03:32
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothebeach2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wow @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]ten..thanks for the input! This sounds exactly like something I would love to attend. I'm guessing at 5'11" 180lbs, not that strong nor a good wrestler, I'd probably get some decent matches.

I'd love to hear some specifics about your matches if it's not imposing. Did you win them all? Even against the "expert" grappler. What's your record? Of course, i have no idea of your own level.

What do the guys and ladies wear? Does the crowd typically cheer for the lady?

So many questions, I know, sorry, but you and @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] sure have piqued my interest!

Thanks
My pleasure. Let's see...I definitely lost to the expert on 2-3 different occasions. It's not clear how hard she was trying. I was able to survive for a while, but I believe she submitted me via rear naked chokes or armbars both times. I'm 6'0 and around 180-190, fairly muscular upper body but no formal training.

The other women I beat pretty handily except one who was small but scrappy. In truth, because this is a fetish for me and I love to lose, I wasn't going 100% with her. But she put up a good fight. I won like 4 or 5 others. The last I attended, there was one very good grappler I hadn't seen before. And another who was new but a quick learner. So there's hope...

People wear all sorts of different stuff. For a guy, t-shirt and gym shorts is pretty standard. Some people into BJJ wear rash guards and whatnot. Some people are dressed kinky style...like underwear...I'd say both men and women, more often than not, wore like gym gear. Lots of women in spandex and sports bras. But some in lingerie too. :-)

also, there's usually not "a crowd." People are focusing on various matches...there were literally like 5 or 6 matches at once, depending on venue. It's more about fun than about winning for most.
Old 05-Jan-17, 15:58
Last Achievements

Wow..sounds like fun. The one Grapple Den I attended in NYC way back there was just the one main mat with a very small mat on the side. I did get onto the smaller mat for a short period, and someone practiced her leg scissors on me, but it really wasn't that good. I never did make it to the main mat for a match, but there really weren't too many opportunities either.

Sounds like we are similar in that we like to lose, while trying, and I suspect if I do end up making it to one in the future, I might find someone to challenge that could pull that off, as I'm a little smaller than you, and can't say muscular.

Great stuff! Thanks again.
Old 02-Feb-17, 12:08
Last Achievements

Anyone know if they are having a meet up soon? I haven't been on Fetlife in a bit.
Old 15-Mar-18, 02:00
Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22 Points: 3,011, Level: 22
Last Achievements

Came across this as I was looking to do a separate post. I'm interested in the baltimore thing but 1) i'm pretty shy 2) the majority of attendees are male, which is fine but just not my cup of tea. thoughts? am I being too critical?

i would be excited though to join a bunch of weirdos like me. it would be a cool community to be a part of i think.