Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will be winner?
Ronda Rousey 158 61.72%
Jean Claude Van Damme 98 38.28%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-Dec-16, 10:22
Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28 Points: 4,578, Level: 28
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

Ronda certainty looked in good powerful shape, showing her bare shoulders during the interview. Reading what Myer has to say about the power of Rondas punches is good also.
But, to me ,it brings to mind a scene of a Bruce Lee film.
A poweful guy smashes his fist through a breakboard ,which is being held by someone.
Lee, unimpressed by this show of power, defiantly utters the line "Boards, don't hit back".
So, how will Ronda react to being hit ,if that happens ?
It makes for an intriguing fight, watching Ronda, minus her air of invincibility.
Old 11-Dec-16, 08:42
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Getting hit in the face by Amanda Nunes is a game changer. She hits hard.
Old 11-Dec-16, 20:19
KO inquisitor
Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,231 Times in 499 Posts

I've always wondered if Ronda put someone to sleep in a triangle by accident while training.
Old 15-Dec-16, 00:55
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Ronda Rousey May Fight For The 145-Pound Title If She Wins At UFC 207
Ryan Harkness
UPROXXDecember 14, 2016

The UFC’s new 145 pound women’s division was just announced a mere day ago and already Ronda Rousey is casting a long shadow over it. Following news that Holly Holm would fight Germaine De Randamie for the inaugural women’s featherweight title at UFC 208 in Brooklyn, UFC president Dana White is now suggesting Ronda Rousey may get the winner.

“If Holly wins and becomes a champion, and that’s the scenario [Rousey regains the title]? I guarantee people will want to see it,” White told ESPN.

It’s hard to disagree with his assessment. Rousey vs Holm 2 is a fight that breaks a million pay-per-view buys — just play that footage of Holly kicking Ronda’s head off over and over again. Ronda might not like it, but getting into the McGregor double division champion club would take the sting out a little.

As for the #1 fighter at 145 pounds, Cris Cyborg, White dismissed the idea that he was disrespecting her by not giving her a shot at the new featherweight title first.

“We’re out to disrespect Cyborg?” he told ESPN incredulously. “She said she couldn’t make 145 pounds in eight weeks. We offered her a second and a third fight. She turned them down. With everything I’ve got going on in my life, the last thing I’m thinking is, ‘Hey, let’s get together and disrespect Cyborg.'”

“This is a business of opportunity. When opportunity arises, you jump up and take it. If you don’t, the bus is gone, and it passes you by.”

With the clock ticking on Ronda Rousey’s fighting career, Cris Cyborg could indeed end up getting bumped from second shot at the 145 pound belt should Holly Holm beat Germaine De Randamie (a prospect many bookies are expecting). But there’s a silver lining in all this: it would set up the long awaited superfight between Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg the world has been waiting for since the two established themselves at the top of their sport years ago.
Old 15-Dec-16, 02:19
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ronda Rousey May Fight For The 145-Pound Title If She Wins At UFC 207
Ryan Harkness
UPROXXDecember 14, 2016

The UFC’s new 145 pound women’s division was just announced a mere day ago and already Ronda Rousey is casting a long shadow over it. Following news that Holly Holm would fight Germaine De Randamie for the inaugural women’s featherweight title at UFC 208 in Brooklyn, UFC president Dana White is now suggesting Ronda Rousey may get the winner.

“If Holly wins and becomes a champion, and that’s the scenario [Rousey regains the title]? I guarantee people will want to see it,” White told ESPN.

It’s hard to disagree with his assessment. Rousey vs Holm 2 is a fight that breaks a million pay-per-view buys — just play that footage of Holly kicking Ronda’s head off over and over again. Ronda might not like it, but getting into the McGregor double division champion club would take the sting out a little.

As for the #1 fighter at 145 pounds, Cris Cyborg, White dismissed the idea that he was disrespecting her by not giving her a shot at the new featherweight title first.

“We’re out to disrespect Cyborg?” he told ESPN incredulously. “She said she couldn’t make 145 pounds in eight weeks. We offered her a second and a third fight. She turned them down. With everything I’ve got going on in my life, the last thing I’m thinking is, ‘Hey, let’s get together and disrespect Cyborg.'”

“This is a business of opportunity. When opportunity arises, you jump up and take it. If you don’t, the bus is gone, and it passes you by.”

With the clock ticking on Ronda Rousey’s fighting career, Cris Cyborg could indeed end up getting bumped from second shot at the 145 pound belt should Holly Holm beat Germaine De Randamie (a prospect many bookies are expecting). But there’s a silver lining in all this: it would set up the long awaited superfight between Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg the world has been waiting for since the two established themselves at the top of their sport years ago.
As always, this is Dana White talking. So far, there is no indication Ronda is willing to go to 145, if she wins back the 135 belt. Being a two-division champion may interest her, maybe not. Grain of salt time here. It's Dana.

Personally, I think Ronda's main goal would be to avenge her loss to Holm, the only real stain on her career, so it may depend on what happens. If Holm wins and settles into the 145 division as champ, that's a lure for Ronda. If Holm loses and Ronda wins, Ronda will probably stay at 135 and wait for a fight with her. Should Ronda lose to Nunes, she could leave 135 and go up to 145 to fight Holm there, assuming Holm beats DeRandamie. Odds aside, that's not an easy fight for Holm. Germain's kickboxing pedigree is every bit as impressive as Holm's boxing legacy. Lots of uncertainty. I'm not predicting anything at this point, there are just too many variables. Anything can happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to brooksie For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Dec-16, 03:15
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As always, this is Dana White talking. So far, there is no indication Ronda is willing to go to 145, if she wins back the 135 belt. Being a two-division champion may interest her, maybe not. Grain of salt time here. It's Dana.

Personally, I think Ronda's main goal would be to avenge her loss to Holm, the only real stain on her career, so it may depend on what happens. If Holm wins and settles into the 145 division as champ, that's a lure for Ronda. If Holm loses and Ronda wins, Ronda will probably stay at 135 and wait for a fight with her. Should Ronda lose to Nunes, she could leave 135 and go up to 145 to fight Holm there, assuming Holm beats DeRandamie. Odds aside, that's not an easy fight for Holm. Germain's kickboxing pedigree is every bit as impressive as Holm's boxing legacy. Lots of uncertainty. I'm not predicting anything at this point, there are just too many variables. Anything can happen.
Yeah, that makes sense. I don't think Ronda really wants Cyborg, unless she gets an easy win or 2 and her head starts filling up with helium again
Old 15-Dec-16, 03:59
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah, that makes sense. I don't think Ronda really wants Cyborg, unless she gets an easy win or 2 and her head starts filling up with helium again
I'm not one who ever felt Ronda had some kind of obligation to Cyborg. She offered to fight her in the 135 division and I thought that was fine, all she needed to do. But so much has changed for both women and now there are a few possibilities. I think Rousey is most likely to fight Cyborg at the end of her career. I know some people would say she wouldn't risk going out on a loss but it appeared as if she almost retired after the Holm loss, so I have to wonder about that. If I had to guess, I'd say it could go something like: get the belt back, redemption against Holm, maybe the winner of Shevchenko/Pena and a last fight against Cyborg. Even that may be a bit ambitious as I'm not sure Rousey has four fights left in her.
Old 15-Dec-16, 20:58
Last Achievements

Old 15-Dec-16, 22:45
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm not one who ever felt Ronda had some kind of obligation to Cyborg. She offered to fight her in the 135 division and I thought that was fine, all she needed to do. But so much has changed for both women and now there are a few possibilities. I think Rousey is most likely to fight Cyborg at the end of her career. I know some people would say she wouldn't risk going out on a loss but it appeared as if she almost retired after the Holm loss, so I have to wonder about that. If I had to guess, I'd say it could go something like: get the belt back, redemption against Holm, maybe the winner of Shevchenko/Pena and a last fight against Cyborg. Even that may be a bit ambitious as I'm not sure Rousey has four fights left in her.
Cyborg should stick to fighting in a federation that has her weight class or if she wants to stay in UFC fight at 135 and quit her belly aching.
Old 15-Dec-16, 23:20
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Cyborg should stick to fighting in a federation that has her weight class or if she wants to stay in UFC fight at 135 and quit her belly aching.
Hell, UFC has a 145 class now and she can't even make that!

Let her fight Gabi Garcia in Rizin or Kayla Harrison at WSOF.