Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 27-Jul-17, 14:29
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Post Interview with Hana Svobodova, 1993

Hi, Forum! A couple of years ago I purchased some issues of Amazons in Action and promised to scan them for you. However, I haven't really had time to do that so far. Hopefully, will try and do it this Summer.

This interview with Hana, DWW's original star, took place in June, 1993, and releasd in the Summer issue (#62) of the magazine. Hana would go on to wrestle for DWW for many years, becoming one of competitive female wrestling scene's biggest star. She retired from wrestling on video in early 2000s I think. Hana later formed her own venture, [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], which is one of the leading catfight producers of the scene now.

Below is the full text of the interview. Also attaching the scans with some photos of Hana in action.

Hana, we're very glad to talk to you. How old are you?
Twenty-one
Where do you come from?
I'm Czech and I lived in Brno until I was 18 Then I came to Austria to earn more money and have a better future I've lived and worked here now for almost three years.
You speak a fabulous German without any accent. Did you learn that in just three years? What other languages do you speak so well?
I can fluently speak German. Czech. Slovakian, Polish, Russian and Serbo-Croatian Without an accent In the autumn I plan probably to go to England for a few months to learn English I would love to learn English
Not many other people speak so many languages Are you a language genius?
No, I don’t think so. I just hear the language and after a few months living there I can speak it easily. Moreover, all Slav languages are more or less the same. Just German is a different thing to learn.
What do you work at here?
Now I am working with sick children, as a non-medical helper I have also trained as a sports and physiotherapy masseuse. though I've never worked as one. I studied that just for fun.
What would be your ideal job?
I would really lıke to work some- where that I could use the languages I know Ideally I would work for a firm as a translator or somewhere that I could travel often. maybe as a secretary for translations. This would be my dream, because I like to travel and see other countries and cultures and meet new people.
You are a very strong and sports minded girl Your legs are perfectly muscular. What sports have you trained in?
I did athletics at the Zbrojovka Brno club since I was a little girl. When I was 16 I was Czechoslovakıan junior Champion ın the 100 metres sprint
Great What time did you run there7
12.0 seconds. But I haven't done any running training since I've been in Austria. I think that now I can only run 100 metres in 13 0 seconds or so
What an achievement, don't be so modest. All of us would be more than glad to be able to run 100 metres in 13.0 seconds! What other sports have you trained for?
Any sort of track and field athletics Also I play tennis and I'm a certified alpine ski instructor. But that's a Czech qualification, not accepted in Austria So I can't work here as a ski instructor without taking another exam. And since I wrestled for the first time with DWW in October, I've started wrestling training at a local wrestling club, because I wasn't satisfied with my performance at that first DWW event. And that training is really good for your body and condition.
How did you start wrestling for DWW?
I read an advertisement in a newspaper and I thought that they were looking for somebody to do wrestling in a sports film production, like a stunt-woman or so.
And when you attended and saw the mat and the other girls, what did you think?
I was surprised, but when I spoke to the other girls who had some experience and when I saw them, then I was sure that I would be able to handle that.
Were you very nervous before your first fight?
Yes, very I had never wrestled before, I had only had a short wrestling training session right beforehand, and I'd no idea how good I might be in a fight against another girl. I just knew I wouldn't like to lose against another girl.
Did you win your first match?
Yes, I won.
Was this very satisfying for you, did it increase your enthusiasm for wrestling?
Yes, very much. And I feel that I personally had enjoyed that match, too
You were very much improved in the DWW June tournament, probably due to your training at the wrestling club and to your earlier experience This time you even wrestled topless.
Yes, it was very hot in June in the studio and most of the other girls did it But it took me a long time to decide to take off my top I was very shy and felt embarrassed in my first match because I thought I wasn't beautiful enough to go topless But later on I enjoyed wrestling topless. You feel much more free İt didn't bother me later on at all.
You always seem to give almost more than 100% when you are wrestling!
Yes, because I'm a girl who doesn't want to lose. One or two times my opponents spoke to me before the match started and we agreed not to wrestle too hard because sometimes both of us were already injured and both our bodies already hurt a lot. But as soon as I'm in a fight I don't want to lose and I forget everything. I know that I'm a very different woman when I'm wrestling. İn wrestling I have a different personality, although I think I'm a very tender girl.
Do you think that your amateur wrestling training at the Club helped you very much? What was your greatest advantage?
İt didn't help all that much. Maybe some techniques were useful, but if you're going for a submission or if you're trying to avoid one, the only things that can help you are your own muscles and your determination. I think my assets are my speed. my skill and my legs.
You really never wrestled before you attended DWW?
I can't remember Yes, sometimes in school I gave another girl or boy a hard slap in the face. I've never had a real fight because the others knew I was the best in sports since I was a little girl. They wouldn't have a chance in a fight with me, whether it was a boy or a girl. So they avoided arguments with me. As I told you before, I'm a very tender person and I don't like serious disputes.
We were really surprised that you continued to wrestle after you'd had a serious injury to your left elbow early in the DWW June event. We very much appreciated your continuing to wrestle, and were amazed that even so you fought very well and successfully, even when using just one of your arms plus your powerful legs.
You know, in sport you don't feel injuries. İf you're in a fight, you don't feel the pain, just before and after. I've been a sports girl since I was a little child, and pain doesn’t mean I give up competing.
Are you afraid of anyone?
Not of any women, just of men.
But you also beat all the men in your mixed fights, even with only one arm. while the men used both.
They were not very good...
İf you have a daughter one day. would you allow her to start wrestling?
I'd allow her to, but I think it's a really hard sport for girls. I'd want her to do athletics before she tried wrestling.
Are you married, or engaged, or do you have a boyfriend?
Not now, I'm single. I've not found the right one yet.
What should he be like?
I'd need just a very nice and kind, tender person. Probably also a sports- man, intelligent and with a sense of humour. The most important thing is that he should understand and share my problems and he should be able to "steal horses together with me" [this glorious phrase, whose translation we haven't attempted to alter, is a German saying used for a tomboyish girl's behaviour].
What would you like to achieve in your life?
In my dreams or in reality? Just a satisfying life together with a nice partner.
Thank you for that very eloquent interview We'll hope to see you again wrestling for DWW
Thank you, be sure you will!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hana-1.JPG (946.1 KB, 435 views)
File Type: jpg Hana-2.JPG (1.70 MB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg Hana-3.JPG (1.25 MB, 336 views)
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 28-Jul-17, 12:54
Banned
Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Default Re: Interview with Hana Svobodova, 1993

Great interview with one of the very best..... Amazing for her to think she was not pretty enough.....
Old 29-Jul-17, 13:15
Points: 18,642, Level: 59 Points: 18,642, Level: 59 Points: 18,642, Level: 59
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,615 Times in 271 Posts

Nice scans and good text. Congratulations and thank you
Old 29-Jul-17, 14:09
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

This is the article I have always fantasized! Kudos to Zweig!
Old 22-Dec-21, 13:39
Banned
Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32 Points: 5,899, Level: 32
Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5% Activity: 58.5%

What a great interview. Hana was a true pioneer and great to watch.
Old 23-Dec-21, 07:43
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,512 Times in 2,397 Posts

Thanks for sharing dear Naji, great stuff. At this time our star nowaday where babys or kids..
Old 24-Dec-21, 22:03
Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10 Points: 707, Level: 10
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

The summer of 1993?! Oh how I wish I could go back to that time...

Anyways, great interview. Had no idea Hana was the owner/producer at FoxyCombat. It's great that after all this time, she's still involved and teaching new girls in the industry.

Couple of shots of her producing at FC:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2776_226528.jpg (283.2 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 2777_495368.jpg (634.3 KB, 178 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mkwarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Dec-21, 13:20
Points: 15,057, Level: 53 Points: 15,057, Level: 53 Points: 15,057, Level: 53
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,697 Times in 610 Posts

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fidelcastrato For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Dec-21, 16:41
Points: 23,186, Level: 66 Points: 23,186, Level: 66 Points: 23,186, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,605 Times in 498 Posts

What must be kind of sad for may of these DWW girls is that they appeared on videos in the days of no internet and vhs. They need the money and at the time the videos were not accessible to main stream.

Now they are all over the internet. Tits and all.

Very sad
Old 25-Dec-21, 17:24
Points: 15,057, Level: 53 Points: 15,057, Level: 53 Points: 15,057, Level: 53
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,697 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holddown [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What must be kind of sad for may of these DWW girls is that they appeared on videos in the days of no internet and vhs. They need the money and at the time the videos were not accessible to main stream.

Now they are all over the internet. Tits and all.

Very sad
What kind of nonsense is that - back then anyone who could afford it could buy a video recorder - just like computer and the internet today. And the girls were probably not convent students either. Does it mean that they should not publish Marilyn Monroe movies in the internet because the internet was not found back then ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fidelcastrato For This Useful Post: