Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Jul-15, 03:16
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Sharing Custom Videos. What's the general viewpoint on this?

On both this forum, and producers in general

IE

Lets say I request a custom clip from a producer, and I pay for it. That producer sends the clip/video to me only. They dont put the custom video on their clips4sale

However, lets say that, hypothetically, I share it on here or some other website. Generally would this be frowned upon? By this site, and more importantly by the producer to the point of no longer taking requests(generally speaking)? Anyone ever had a similar situation like this? Where you shared a custom made clip sent to you, on various MW forums and the like?
The Following User Says Thank You to Slim8888 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jul-15, 04:20
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Sharing Custom Videos. What's the general viewpoint on this?

I'm not sure it's any different from any other piracy. Plenty of c4s studios post videos that were supposedly customs.
Old 11-Jul-15, 04:26
Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55 Points: 16,299, Level: 55
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,023 Times in 615 Posts

I would guess that by the amount of videos that get pulled off of Youtube, the people that make the videos frown upon it. Although, I think they should see it as free advertising. I have bought numerous videos from different studios after seeing some of their videos "pirated" on Youtube. I am guessing that the people who sell the videos, probably don't pay any taxes from the revenue they get for these videos, so they probably have no legal basis to go after anyone for pirating videos. But I am pretty sure it is frowned upon.
Old 11-Jul-15, 04:49
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

No taxes on what? C4S studios? There's no way that's true. If by custom videos, well... probably depends. If someone makes a couple videos a year and gets paid via the gift option on paypal (so the buyer has to pay the processing fee), probably not. But if the girl (or studio) is making a hefty sum every year from customs, the IRS is going to ask questions.
Old 11-Jul-15, 05:40
Producer
Points: 16,577, Level: 56 Points: 16,577, Level: 56 Points: 16,577, Level: 56
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,590 Times in 702 Posts

We definitely pay taxes on our sales from C4S. We definitely do not consider it "free advertising" when our videos are stolen and posted on yourtube or anywhere else for that matter. We lose sales which is theft anyway you look at it. I report the income from customs, not to do so would be me committing theft.
Old 11-Jul-15, 21:27
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

This is a matter of agreement between the customer and the producer. I always provide two prices for custom requests - one, where I have all the rights, informing the client that I will sell the video later, and that he cannot share it online, and another, where the client can do whatever they want with it except use it for commercial purposes, and I cannot publish it.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jul-15, 21:42
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,350 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddogg4345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am guessing that the people who sell the videos, probably don't pay any taxes from the revenue they get for these videos
Oh, this is certainly not the case, at least in the US and for people who do a large volume of sales through online payment systems (such as clips4sale and also PayPal). The taxes are very real, and they hurt. Ouch.
Old 11-Jul-15, 21:56
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,350 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is a matter of agreement between the customer and the producer. I always provide two prices for custom requests - one, where I have all the rights, informing the client that I will sell the video later, and that he cannot share it online, and another, where the client can do whatever they want with it except use it for commercial purposes, and I cannot publish it.

Ditto to what Zweig says here. Communication between producer and customer is, in my humble opinion, the best way to find out for certain.

My personal opinion on this scenario:

Quote:
Lets say I request a custom clip from a producer, and I pay for it. That producer sends the clip/video to me only. They dont put the custom video on their clips4sale
However, lets say that, hypothetically, I share it on here or some other website. Generally would this be frowned upon?
Speaking for myself only, I personally would not be bothered by the customer sharing his custom video as Slim8888 described here. I think the above is A-OK. If you commissioned a creation that you love that is not being sold or distributed elsewhere, I see no harm in sharing it. But people's mileage may vary. For safety's sake, you may want to ask the producer directly to be sure.

Kudos to you, Slim8888, for posting and asking this great question.
Old 11-Jul-15, 22:21
Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim8888 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
On both this forum, and producers in general

IE

However, lets say that, hypothetically, I share it on here or some other website. Generally would this be frowned upon? By this site, and more importantly by the producer to the point of no longer taking requests(generally speaking)? Anyone ever had a similar situation like this? Where you shared a custom made clip sent to you, on various MW forums and the like?
I think that the point is pretty simple: you request a custom video to someone, you (obviously) pay for it and then you clearly ask if is possible to share it on web/community... So simple, honest and legal This is exactly what I've done with Arekah
Old 19-Jul-15, 11:37
Producer
Points: 2,596, Level: 21 Points: 2,596, Level: 21 Points: 2,596, Level: 21
Last Achievements

I am surprised to see that this is even a question. Why would you share a custom video that is commissioned just for you?

Maybe other companies do cheap customs, but that is not how we do things. The costs involved are generally extremely high to bring certain people together from around the US (flights, hotels, food, etc...)...then you have production costs, studio costs, etc... Generally customs end up being 10x-100x the price of a normal video.

So, if you shared such a thing, it would be the equivalent of buying a new Ferrari and leaving it in the street with the keys in it for anyone to just come up and take for a joy ride. That's generally not something you see luxury buyers doing.