Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 08-Jan-19, 03:53
Points: 10,132, Level: 43 Points: 10,132, Level: 43 Points: 10,132, Level: 43
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Default Polyana Viana

Never try to steal the cell phone of a hot Brazilian MMA fighter - it's a seriously stupid move!!!

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-19, 04:53
Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,520 Times in 4,307 Posts
Default Re: UFC female fighter beats male mugger to a pulp

Polyana Viana
----------------

On the left is @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]yana_VianaDF, one of our @UFC fighters and on the right is the guy who tried to rob her #badfuckingidea

-------------
I'm posting the news story text here also, links to news tend to die out, but at this forum we can read the story forever :-)

By: Fernanda Prates | January 6, 2019 5:05 pm

On Saturday night at around 8 p.m. local time, a man tried to steal UFC strawweight Polyana Viana’s phone. Not only did he leave empty-handed, but he also got some painful reminders of his mistake in the process.

On Sunday, Viana recounted the events to MMAjunkie.

According to Viana, she was waiting for an Uber in front of her apartment complex in Jacarepagua, a neighborhood in the West Zone of Rio de Janeiro, when a man approached her. He must have been sneaky, Viana said, because when she noticed his presence he was already quite close.

“When he saw I saw him, he sat next to me,” Viana said. “He asked me the time, I said it, and I saw he wasn’t going to leave. So I already moved to put my cell phone in my waist. And then he said, ‘Give me the phone. Don’t try to react, because I’m armed.’ Then he put his hand over (a gun), but I realized it was too soft.

“He was really close to me. So I thought, ‘If it’s a gun, he won’t have time to draw it.’ So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke. Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said, ‘Now we’ll wait for the police.’”

Later, Viana (10-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) would find out that the gun actually wasn’t a gun at all. It was a cutout in the shape of a handgun made out of cardboard paper. At the time, though, the Viana said the only thing she knew was that it wasn’t a real gun – possibly a toy weapon or maybe a knife.

Viana was alone but asked for help from passers-by to call the police once the man was subdued. She said she then kept his arm immobilized in a kimura-like position until they arrived. According to Viana, they took him to an emergency care facility to address his wounds and then to the station, where she filed a police report.

Viana said she also learned at the station that the man had been arrested before and had only recently been released.

Viana says she was aware the area was dangerous, which is why she avoids wandering around alone. But she figured that, considering she was directly in front of the entrance of the building, close to the cabin where the doormen stayed, she’d be safe.

As scary as the situation sounds, Viana actually remained calm.

“I was fine,” Viana said. “I was fine because he didn’t even react after. Since he took the punches very quickly, I think he was scared. So he didn’t react anymore. He told me to let him go, like ‘I just asked for the time.’ I said, ‘Asked for the time my ass,’ because he saw I was very angry. I said I wouldn’t let go and that I was going to call the police.

“He said, ‘Call the police, then’ because he was scared I was going to beat him up more.”

That, it turns out, wasn’t the first time the 27-year-old fighter experienced something like this. While she had never been mugged in Rio, where she’s lived for a couple of years, it had happened in her previous home of Belem. She said she was approached by two men in a motorcycle; one stayed, while the other charged at her.

“He broke my umbrella and tried to take my phone,” Viana said of the Belem incident. “I said I wasn’t going to give it to him. He tried to take it from my hand, I punched him in the face, and he was scared. This time I was scared. I don’t know if it was because there were two of them.

“So I was scared, but I think he was more scared than I was, so he jumped on the motorcycle and left.”

After leaving the police station on Saturday, Viana says she simply went home and made dinner. On Sunday, she said her hands hurt a little but that it’s nothing serious, and she’s otherwise unharmed.

Viana is 1-1 in the octagon and currently unbooked. She comes off a decision loss to J.J. Aldrich at UFC 227 last August – which snapped a five-fight streak of first-round finishes. Viana made an impression in her stellar UFC debut last February, with a rear-naked-choke that caught UFC President
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-19, 06:33
Points: 32,459, Level: 79 Points: 32,459, Level: 79 Points: 32,459, Level: 79
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,354 Times in 592 Posts

she is not even a big girl, but still able to put a man down with 2 punches and a kick.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestpet For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-19, 07:06
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,106 Posts

The photo of the cardboard gun is pretty hilarious, like that would fool anyone (cept maybe a cop)

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 08-Jan-19, 08:32
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,928 Times in 486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, and what's also timely about it is that it gives a real life answer to all the naysayers on here and exhausting threads about "can a 115lb woman really beat up a guy?" etc etc. Just when you think you've got it all put in a little box these real life examples like this one (which just made national Yahoo headlines btw) blast it all to smithereens. This is what I'd like to think we all celebrate, laud, and endorse and it is a healthy reminder that it's not all just fantasy. All fetish aspect aside, may more women continue down this path, not necessarily to be MMA stars, but to seek out self empowerment through self defense training and martial arts.
Not that I disagree with you, but the man who got beat up looked really small and weak and was probably some drug addict. I don't think you need a woman with MMA training to beat up someone like him, I think plenty of regular athletic women would be able to hold their own. It's more a psychological thing that she didn't get scared of him lying about having a gun. Besides, she's bigger than 115 pounds. She needs to cut weight down and probably walks around 130 or more when she doesn't have a fight lined up. She is a solid 5'7'' tall woman. A woman of her size and with her MMA experience is supposed to beat a smaller, untrained man. I doubt anyone argues against that.

Last edited by Amazonia; 08-Jan-19 at 08:42.
Old 08-Jan-19, 08:46
Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,520 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not that I disagree with you, but the man who got beat up looked really small and weak and was probably some drug addict. I don't think you need a woman with MMA training to beat up someone like him, I think plenty of regular athletic women would be able to hold their own. It's more a psychological thing that she didn't get scared of him lying about having a gun. Besides, she's bigger than 115 pounds. She needs to cut weight down and probably walks around 130 or more when she doesn't have a fight lined up. She is a solid 5'7'' tall woman. A woman of her size and with her MMA experience is supposed to beat a smaller, untrained man. I doubt anyone argues against that.
Judging from the photo, he is taller and heavier than her. He have a cut and muscular body. And drug addict? Problably...
Old 08-Jan-19, 08:59
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,928 Times in 486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepkick [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Judging from the photo, he is taller and heavier than her. He have a cut and muscular body. And drug addict? Problably...
He looks really skinny. He's probably poor and not eating well. It doesn't surprise me at all that he lost to the female fighter so decisively. I don't think anyone should be surprised at the result.

For the record, I think a lot of bigger men would lose too if they got hit like he did as most people are not used to getting hit and would panic.

It's actually funny if you think about it. In poorer countries, the "average man" is likely undernourished and small, while in the richer countries the "average man" likely has a wimpy personality and is not used to fighting. In both cases, the female fighters have a good chance against them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amazonia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-19, 10:58
Points: 15,831, Level: 54 Points: 15,831, Level: 54 Points: 15,831, Level: 54
Last Achievements

Dominatrix Re: UFC female fighter beats male mugger to a pulp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonia [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is where you can see that her weight is definitively given as 115.00 lbs, by scrolling down until you pass the "Biography" heading for the following: age, height, & weight. Her height is also two inches from what your assessment.

Last edited by Fr@g!l3_$p33d$+3r; 08-Jan-19 at 11:00. Reason: Missing info.
Old 08-Jan-19, 12:04
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
may more women continue down this path, not necessarily to be MMA stars, but to seek out self empowerment through self defense training and martial arts.
That´s something i don´t understand. Why just women should learn how to defend themselfes?? Men are also victims of robbery or violents day by day.
Those people are always looking for "weaker" ones. There are a lot of stories where a man almost got beaten to death. But those guys who just beat up people for fun usually do not attack women. So selfdefense is good and necessary for everybody.
Old 08-Jan-19, 14:07
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfourt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That´s something i don´t understand. Why just women should learn how to defend themselfes?? Men are also victims of robbery or violents day by day.
Those people are always looking for "weaker" ones. There are a lot of stories where a man almost got beaten to death. But those guys who just beat up people for fun usually do not attack women. So selfdefense is good and necessary for everybody.
Because this is a forum that focuses on WOMEN, hence my comments here on a forum that focuses on WOMEN?

Added after 16 minutes:

Too skinny, malnourished, too wimpy, too small, too dimwitted, not manly enough, not skilled (really, and you know that how?). Set the bait, and as predicted they bite. We are debating her weight and height, his weight and height, rabbit hole just never ends. If Chuck Norris got his ass kicked by a woman we would still come up with excuses. Perfectly acceptable to indulge in the fantasy realm but when it crops up in reality we just can't come to terms with it can we without trying to explain it in some more settling way? Anyhow, don't let me stop anyone, carry on. I just find it amusing.

Last edited by G-Force; 08-Jan-19 at 14:25.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: