Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Feb-19, 06:03
Points: 2,201, Level: 19 Points: 2,201, Level: 19 Points: 2,201, Level: 19
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Default Are there serious grapplers?

Greetings everyone! New on the forum.

I am 5.10 male, in good shape. I weight 216 lbs athletic and I have a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. I was looking to meet up with a woman in DC-New York area for competitive or semi-competitive match who could submit me or at least give me tough time. So far the women that I have met were very beautiful but they did not have the skill and strength that I was looking for.

I like to start at a slow pace so that we both get warmed up and then we both increase our game until one taps out the other. I know that there are some girls who are very skilled but they are tiny so they are unable to overpower me and then there are those who are strong and come from bodybuilding and muscle worship background so they are not into a competitive match.

Can anyone give me a few names of skilled grapplers or just super strong ladies who can humble me for fun? Thanks in advance.
Old 24-Feb-19, 09:21
Points: 3,127, Level: 23 Points: 3,127, Level: 23 Points: 3,127, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Are there serious grapplers?

sheena
Old 24-Feb-19, 09:33
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Last Achievements

kayla in new york
Old 24-Feb-19, 11:40
Last Achievements

Thanks. Can I have a link for Sheena? Is she in NY?
Old 24-Feb-19, 17:13
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongbutGentle [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks. Can I have a link for Sheena? Is she in NY?
Sheena is does not live in New York (not even close). But she may visit again in several months. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 24-Feb-19, 19:03
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

It's not a popular thing to say, but there are guys out there who can beat any session wrestler. Mallory sin was the best lady I've ever fought or, certainly, one of the best. I'm older now, so it's hard to compare since I can't keep up like I used to, but I wrestled Venom and Shannon Logan, and I'd say, off hand, though I haven't wrestled them, that Shannon was in the same league as Veve lane or Ariel X - in that range anyway. Mallory better than Shannon. She had about 10 maybe 15 lbs more weight than Shannon, slightly bigger muscles, though perhaps a little less cut and I couldn't do a thing against her. She'd let me go 100% and I still couldn't do a thing. Shannon didn't like it when I went all out, and she could still beat me even when I gave my all, casue Shannon was a very defensive wrestler, but Mallory toyed with me.

I also wrestled Yasmin, who was amazingly good, but I never went 100% against her. She likes submissive men, so it was much more relaxed when I went against her, but what little wrestling I did against her, she was so much better than me. And Helen von Mott was crazy good, especially after she bulked up. (Johanna Needham gets honorable mention too), so it's hard to say who was the best, but my point is that Mallory was right up there with the best I ever met and I know that there were lots of guys out there who could beat her without much trouble.

I had a conversation with a guy at a video shoot who beat her. At first, I thought "no way", cause in my mind, she was unbeatable. She trained with men, cause almost no women were at her level (this was the 1990s), but she told me that every man in her dojo could beat her and this guy wasn't that big, maybe 5'10 170 lbs, but he taught ju jitsu classes and he wasn't bulked up, but he looked a little stronger than I was. I was more of a fitness type, zero ju jitsu training but I was pretty strong for a skinny guy and I weighed about 5'10 maybe 155 or 160 back then.

So, it's just a fact. If you're good enough, you might never find a competitive session, or at least, it'll be very hard to find one. I found it hard to find a woman who could beat me when I started sessioning.

If you're in NY, Veve, though she's small, she's very quick. She might be worth a try.

What I did when I was in my late 20s and 30s, was I'd wrestle two women at the same time. That was a great equalizer and my recommendation. Going up against two women at the same time changes the game. I almost always won going up against 1 lady when I was young and fit, but I almost always lost going up against two at the same time. I could get a submission hold here and there but I still lost more than I won.

Out of curiosity, who have you wrestled? That would give us a better baseline for recommendations.
Old 24-Feb-19, 23:04
Points: 10,566, Level: 44 Points: 10,566, Level: 44 Points: 10,566, Level: 44
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongbutGentle [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Greetings everyone! New on the forum.

I am 5.10 male, in good shape. I weight 216 lbs athletic and I have a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. I was looking to meet up with a woman in DC-New York area for competitive or semi-competitive match who could submit me or at least give me tough time. So far the women that I have met were very beautiful but they did not have the skill and strength that I was looking for.

I like to start at a slow pace so that we both get warmed up and then we both increase our game until one taps out the other. I know that there are some girls who are very skilled but they are tiny so they are unable to overpower me and then there are those who are strong and come from bodybuilding and muscle worship background so they are not into a competitive match.

Can anyone give me a few names of skilled grapplers or just super strong ladies who can humble me for fun? Thanks in advance.
Sorry man. You cant be built like a tank the size of Mike Tyson. And be a trained bjj grappler and expect female session wrestlers to be able handle you.

If you didnt have any skill or experience in grappling some might of been able to. I know these girls mangle much bigger men, but they are novice grapplers.

Veve Lane and Kayla from New York are higher belt levels and more skilled than you. But being almost literally twice their size and strength they are probably that much trouble to you.
Old 24-Feb-19, 23:46
Last Achievements

Thanks so much for the information. A little about my previous sessions:

I train in BJJ so most of my grappling has been against girls from my BJJ class, some of whom are competitors but mostly at lower belts like Blue / Purple. I have not trained with a high level female grapplers like Rhonda Rousey or MkKenzie Dern yet so my experience is limited to my female training buddies.

During my first day in BJJ, I knew ZERO! I was paired against a woman who was purple belt. I knew absolutely nothing so I requested that she showed me some moves. She got me in her guard and I had not learnt how to get out of it using BJJ rules so I allowed her to proceed while I observed and learnt. She tried a cross collar choke on me while I was not resisting but she could never generate enough strength to even make it uncomfortable. She kept working and working while I waited for it to even hurt but it didnt. She was in the 160 lbs division so she was among the bigger girls there.

A few months later when I had picked up some basics, I used to train with a girl who was competing in blue belt level. None of what she knew would even make it uncomfortable for me much less tap. Yet her vocabulary of techniques would be more than what I knew so skill wise she was miles ahead.

All these girls that I have ever trained with were far more proficient in technique and I was embarrassingly sloppy and clumsy compared to them but I could muscle out of anything and every thing with so much ease that it was not a fair competition.

I would like to believe that there are session women out there who can tap me out but they would have to be BJJ brown or black belt level girls with a lot of muscle. Most of the stronger girls in this business seem former figure competitors or bodybuilders but they dont grapple.They are more into fantasy and role play rather than match of skill.
Old 25-Feb-19, 00:18
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
She tried a cross collar choke on me while I was not resisting but she could never generate enough strength to even make it uncomfortable. She kept working and working while I waited for it to even hurt but it didnt.
That means she didn't apply the cross collar choke correctly, It does not matter how strong someone is , when you apply just a little and precise pressure to the carotid arteries, the person will faint in less than 20 seconds, I know because I have done it plenty of times in training/competitions with big, strong guys. The secret is to have your hand deep in the collar (almost touching the back tag) and twisting the wrist towards the inside below the ear (Helio Gracie has a video about this). Also, there are not strong guy's for a well applied RNC, that is the reason why Helio said he always favors chokes against stronger opponents because you can muscle out of an armbar but you only have less than 20 seconds to get out of a well applied strangle before napping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Feb-19, 01:39
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That means she didn't apply the cross collar choke correctly, It does not matter how strong someone is , when you apply just a little and precise pressure to the carotid arteries, the person will faint in less than 20 seconds, I know because I have done it plenty of times in training/competitions with big, strong guys.
Hi Angie, I too have submitted to that choke and it is one of the chokes that I use all the time to tap the new white belts. I totally understand the sensation you are describing. When applied correctly with the right pressure it will cause you to lose your vision and your head feels like it will explode. Yet the right pressure seems to vary greatly on who you are trying to submit.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

My neck is thick and the girl that I mentioned has very small hands. As a purple belt, she knew in her head how that choke works but to get the alignment that you described (or what is being shown in that video) was hard for her to get on a bigger guy even when I was not resisting.

The problem that she was having on me is what I see myself having against guys bigger than me in my gym. Though I feel myself proficient enough to use it on white belts, people my size or those that are smaller than me, I do not recall submitting anyone bigger than me using that particular choke. Can it be done? I am sure someone out there is capable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrongbutGentle For This Useful Post: