Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Old 25-Apr-16, 05:06
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 1,766, Level: 17 Points: 1,766, Level: 17 Points: 1,766, Level: 17
Activity: 11.8% Activity: 11.8% Activity: 11.8%

Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Found on my Tumblr dashboard: Judell Dulong vs Marleah Rudolph (1975) photos - [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wonderfully evocative pics.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnnydark For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Apr-16, 12:25
Banned
Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

One of my favorite stories.... The pictorial was posted with a change in Judell's usual story telling. These one off pictorials (never a video and never a rematch) were I'm sure better then the actual match.

The write-up after a great preamble/introduction had each picture and both Marleah & Judell commenting on the picture and stuation.

As always a # show Judell in trouble (as opposed to the only video I've seen vs. Linda Schultz, which was one-sided). The end came quick with Judell getting a submission and then Marleah not wanting to continue (more falls) or ever wanting another match.

Of course that makes me wonder as to the authenticity.
Old 25-Apr-16, 13:14
Administrator
Points: 869,632, Level: 100 Points: 869,632, Level: 100 Points: 869,632, Level: 100
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,842 Times in 9,936 Posts

The photos with Marleah in control are obviously posed. She couldn't have possibly looked at the camera so photogenically the moment the photos were taken. But it is also possible that the photos were simply post-match re-enactment of what actually happened in their match.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 25-Apr-16, 15:26
Banned
Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The photos with Marleah in control are obviously posed. She couldn't have possibly looked at the camera so photogenically the moment the photos were taken. But it is also possible that the photos were simply post-match re-enactment of what actually happened in their match.
Well there you go.... Someone stating that this is what these photosets were.... And that is why I found Judell's interview lacking. There was no details about the actual photosets or authenticity.

To me the photosets posted on the Old Sheri Whitlow site and the detailed descriptions were better then 90% of videos available.

They seemed real, there was a build-up and a story at a time there were few doing this and less marketing it.
Old 30-Apr-16, 00:28
Pioneers Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myprediliction [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As always a # show Judell in trouble
Yes you're right on the money there. In most of Judell's matches she allowed her opponents to attack her in the early minutes, "carrying" them until she had enough 'product' in the can, at which point she took control and finished them off. This is very noticeable in matches where she faced lightweight opponents such as Rojas, Bardwell, Wimble, Gowan, Raichle etc. who when the time was right she was able to overpower with ease.
Old 09-May-16, 09:29
Pioneers Moderator

Judell scissors Nancy Skarvan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34.jpg (79.7 KB, 330 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to johnnydark For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jun-16, 12:16
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6%

These are my observations, not accusations, to the best of my recollection. Judell and hubby, Jack, from California had been in contact with other wrestling "fans" on the east coast and made arrangements to meet them in New York for some matches (possibly that I did not attend). Jack made Judell lose weight for this trip so that she would look, in his opinion, sensational and impress all in NY...when I did see her (the night of the Helene match) she was noticeably thinner than I remembered and didn't seem, to me, to look as strong as I remembered.
Some people from a wrestling club in Queens, NY showed up at some point I believe uninvited...sort of "crashed the party"...and demanded that Judell wrestle their "champion", Helene. The head of this club, nick-named Skip, demanded the winner of the match be determined by pin only. Jack, speaking for Judell, argued that she always wrestled to submission. This argument between the two men...the women, Judell and Helene, were allowed NO input...continued until Jack finally gave up and Skip got his way---it would be a pin match and, also, Skip insisted that the two women would begin the match on their knees (I am fairly certain Judell always began her matches from standing position). I recall Judell was very unhappy about this and I also recall that she wanted to get the match started and over with so that she could have something to ear---she indicated she was very, very hungry...all part of the diet Jack had her on.
The two men, who I knew fairly well, then turned to me and asked if I would referee the match...I was a bit shocked but they both seemed very relieved that they could agree on at least this one thing...me as ref...so I agreed.
The match was in a Judo/Karate Dojo either in north New Jersey or somewhere around New York/Queens...it was 42 years ago, lol...and as most know it lasted over an hour with Helene riding (on top) Judell virtually the whole match until she wore down Judell who let her shoulders touch the mat for the pin. I think that Judell wrestled on this occasion with three significant handicaps: -she was not as strong as usual due to the diet Jack had her on, -she started the match on her knees, a position which she was unfamiliar with, because Jack gave in to Skip's demands, and -she was wrestling to a pin which she was not used to doing, again due to Jack giving in to Skip's demands.
Thanks all...I am happy to hear your feedback.
HJ
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hunkyj For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jun-16, 14:50
Points: 771, Level: 10 Points: 771, Level: 10 Points: 771, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Loved the interview! Great times and memories! Is Jacqy still online these days?
Old 29-Jul-16, 15:02
Administrator
Points: 869,632, Level: 100 Points: 869,632, Level: 100 Points: 869,632, Level: 100
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,842 Times in 9,936 Posts

Dear friends, Judell Dulong is going through very difficult times now. She has congestive heart failure. Please keep Judell in your thoughts...
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Jul-16, 16:07
Points: 7,278, Level: 36 Points: 7,278, Level: 36 Points: 7,278, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Dear friends, Judell Dulong is going through very difficult times now. She has congestive heart failure. Please keep Judell in your thoughts...
So sorry to hear that.

She's one of the all time greats in the female/mixed wrestling business.

It sounds very serious, hope she soon feels better!

Tags
female wrestling, judell dulong, oldies