Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Art

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Dec-16, 18:11
Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,279 Times in 508 Posts
Default Re: Sgpin sculpture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wow! @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], congratulations! That is a beautiful piece of work there! How in the world were you able to do that? Remarkable!

Do you take custom orders? I would love to order a small sgpin sculpture like the one in the first post, but with knees pinning biceps.
Actually, technology finally caught up with the times. Daz 3D is a great tool for design. The printing stuff, at the hobby level was lacking. This simple hardware upgrade on my printer made all the difference in the world. All that said, I'm ordering a new printer! This print came out so well that I now realize my printer's shortcomings and need to move to the next level of hardware.

So, never thought of taking orders because I never had the ability to produce. Now that I do (especially with this new printer ordered) I might consider it.

Let's use this as a test bed. I'll take the first steps in Daz 3D to produce a sgpin similar to your original posting. I'll post it and see what mods we need to make. It'll be interesting to see what the community comes back with for recommendations. Once we all finalize the design I'll print it and send it to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Dec-16, 18:24
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Sounds great! Looking forward to it!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 23-Dec-16, 20:22
Points: 6,342, Level: 33 Points: 6,342, Level: 33 Points: 6,342, Level: 33
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
by unknown author

I want this!
Very interesting. And beautifully made.
Old 26-Dec-16, 21:59
Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100 Points: 53,122, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Well, I've got the first and most important part started for the 3D Print...what actually to print! I reviewed Zweig's posted statue:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I came up with the following assumptions:
Female on top -
- Muscular biceps and forearms
- Thick, muscular thighs
- Braided ponytail
- Athletic, but ample chest to go with her athletic build
- Looks like she's wearing a wrestling singlet (noticeable strap over the right shoulder). This could be a simple tank top with shorts.

Male on the bottom -
- Similar size
- Not as muscular as the female
- Wearing a tee shirt
- He looks a little intimidated

The sculpture is quite good, and the person who sculpted it is quite talented. Whatever I end up printing is never going to be at that level, but I'm willing to give it a try!

My first pass at the design includes the assumptions above and the following input:
- Zweig wanted the female pin with knees over the male biceps
- I added a fist clutch, as it gives more control
- Female short wrestling singlet (assumption)
- Male short wrestling singlet (to match the female)

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

My above renderings show the first step in building a 3D print (model). As mentioned previously, I'd like to get input from this forum to determine what improvements are needed. I'll make adjustments and post. From there, I'd like to create a 3D print that is inspired by this community.

Look forward to any and all who would like to contribute constructive feedback. I will share all development and production files once complete.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Dec-16, 22:35
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Wow, Cal! Amazing render!

Everything is awesome already, but here are the changes that I would really love to see in the final render:

- a tighter sit. Right now she is hovering over the male, mostly pinning using her knees, whereas I would love her to properly sit on him. Knees might go a little wider in order to achieve this. This might also result in lifting the female's head and shoulder a bit further, since the hips would come down, we might get a more clearer view of the face.
- the female's feet closer to the male's body, legs a little wider would help here as well, with knees almost on the male's elbows; it should look like she is almost hugging him with the legs; but feet clearly visible
- hands grabbing and pinning wrists rather than fingerlocking; adds intensity to the pin in my opinion; a little longer arms on the male would help, since this would require a little more bending in his elbows
- a little less masculine female overall with smaller biceps / forearms. Only slightly defined muscles.
- the outfits: male wearing tight shorts, the female wearing tight shorts and sports bra

Thank a lot for the awesome job on this, Cal! Totally up to you to use or not use any of the above changes. I like it the way it is already.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 30-Dec-16, 00:09
Last Achievements

Here's an update.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

- I've got a tighter sit...pushed back a little. Knees further out and feet close in.
- hands pinning the wrists.
- reduced forearms and biceps to more of a fitness competitor. Probably need to reduce the thighs.
- Outfits as suggested. The sports top reveals a little more than normal, but I think it works.

Let me know of more adds or adjustments.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Dec-16, 00:14
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

This looks perfect, Cal! Amazing job there! Thank you!
Old 30-Dec-16, 00:49
Last Achievements

Here's the 3D rendering "sliced" in the printer. It's ready to go, just waiting for the new printer to arrive next Tuesday. I'll run a test print on the old one to see how it looks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Dec-16, 13:06
Points: 12,604, Level: 48 Points: 12,604, Level: 48 Points: 12,604, Level: 48
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calwrest [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Here's the 3D rendering "sliced" in the printer. It's ready to go, just waiting for the new printer to arrive next Tuesday. I'll run a test print on the old one to see how it looks.

Really cool stuff! Mixed wrestling heads into the future
Old 08-Jan-17, 21:05
Last Achievements

Here's an update on the sgpin 3d print:

Ran a test on my old printer while waiting for the new one. It failed 80% through, but I learned a lot. Got the new printer last Tuesday; shipping damage; repaired and re-calibrated thanks to good on-line documentation through the manufacturer.

I started the 3+ day print: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

It completed yesterday, but it has all the supporting structure for this complex build: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The supporting structure (in white) is water soluble, so into the dunk tank:[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register][Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Here's the sculpture after 20 hours of soaking:[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

It came out a lot better than expected, but does need some post work done on it. I'll post (no pun intended) the final product next week. It's looking good!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to calwrest For This Useful Post:

Tags
sgpin art