Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Jun-18, 19:46
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Fighting from the bottom

From my own experience in competitive fights and from watching videos, I think that one big advantage that smaller female experienced competitors have over stronger bigger males is ability to fight from the bottom and score reversals leading to submissions or pins. I've had top position and been reversed by girls whom I've outweighed by as much as 80 pounds - not always, but often enough. I have never been able to reverse an opponent once she got top position. Smaller wrestlers know how to make themselves heavy while working toward a submission by scissors, smother, etc. Of course, I am only talking about experienced wrestlers - not dommes, fantasy wrestlers, etc. Probably a different story with them. What has been your experience and I'd like to hear both from session girls and their opponents.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jun-18, 20:50
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Fighting from the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
From my own experience in competitive fights and from watching videos, I think that one big advantage that smaller female experienced competitors have over stronger bigger males is ability to fight from the bottom and score reversals leading to submissions or pins. I've had top position and been reversed by girls whom I've outweighed by as much as 80 pounds - not always, but often enough. I have never been able to reverse an opponent once she got top position. Smaller wrestlers know how to make themselves heavy while working toward a submission by scissors, smother, etc. Of course, I am only talking about experienced wrestlers - not dommes, fantasy wrestlers, etc. Probably a different story with them. What has been your experience and I'd like to hear both from session girls and their opponents.

At least in DWW and Fighting Dolls, women display a better understanding of an escape technique called bridging.

See 35 seconds in during this freestyle match: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

It's not brain surgery, but you have to execute the technique correctly.
Old 17-Jun-18, 05:33
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

As a BJJ purple belt, we have many techniques in the art of grappling/jiu-jitsu: escapes/reversals/sweeps and submissions from the bottom, too long to list, but the basics is the trap and roll escape (trap one arm, block leg on same side and bridge switching hips at the same time), also elbow escape to recover guard, and use one of many techniques to submit: armbar from the guard, kimura, guillotine etc. also there are ways to control someone when on top: keeping good posture, pressure, weight distribution, high mount, controlling the hips/head etc. here is a video of one of my BJJ matches last years as a blue belt where you can see me working from the bottom and top positions: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-18, 15:18
Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,749 Times in 1,916 Posts

There are plenty of dolts on here that think size and strength are the be-all and end-all and if they outweigh a girl by 80lbs, they can "power out" of any hold or move she tries with her small, delicate body. These people have obviously never grappled with a proficient BJJ girl and if they have, their experience is very limited.

Size and strength matter, but often it will be overcome by timing and technique - superior knowledge of body mechanics and leverage.

Flexibility is another important factor many women can use to their advantage over stiffer men.

Added after 19 minutes:

Here's another cool vid that backs up what we're saying.

Girl is very proficient at fighting off her back, pulls guard on the first boy she faces.

The boy at 30 seconds in seems to have some wrestling experience as he shoots for a single and later looks for a cradle, but it's no match for her Jits. He is finally caught in a leg triangle that forces him to submit.

Last edited by jiminy; 17-Jun-18 at 17:17.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-18, 15:30
Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63 Points: 20,860, Level: 63
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,288 Times in 454 Posts

I have seen that video so many times.
That girl is not even struggling. This is incredible how she is dominating all those boys.

Do we know if she has a web page or something?
Old 17-Jun-18, 16:57
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As a BJJ purple belt, we have many techniques in the art of grappling/jiu-jitsu: escapes/reversals/sweeps and submissions from the bottom, too long to list, but the basics is the trap and roll escape (trap one arm, block leg on same side and bridge switching hips at the same time), also elbow escape to recover guard, and use one of many techniques to submit: armbar from the guard, kimura, guillotine etc. also there are ways to control someone when on top: keeping good posture, pressure, weight distribution, high mount, controlling the hips/head etc. here is a video of one of my BJJ matches last years as a blue belt where you can see me working from the bottom and top positions: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks for the link, Anji. Do you have any videos of yourself in a mixed competitive no-gi match?

Added after 7 minutes:

Thanks for the video, Jiminy. That girl has impressive jiu-jitsu skills.

Last edited by mermao; 17-Jun-18 at 16:57.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Jun-18, 16:59
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks for the link, Anji. Do you have any videos of yourself in a mixed competitive no-gi match?
I do have some mix matches, gi and no-gi hopefully I can upload them sometime to share
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Jun-18, 16:16
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Pretty sure I've heard Severa call being under a guy who she has immobilized "my happy place," I could be thinking of someone else. It's disorienting the 1st time you realize she's intentionally pulling you down on top of her.
Old 18-Jun-18, 20:53
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Yes, and there are strikes one can do from the bottom, such as elbows and upkicks.

A lot of them aren't legal in MMA, but they're viable for self-defense.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jun-18, 05:15
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwrestler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I have seen that video so many times.
That girl is not even struggling. This is incredible how she is dominating all those boys.

Do we know if she has a web page or something?
She's under 18 and obviously not active on the session or video scene, but with so many views, I'll bet she makes some money on Youtube.

Her name is also the name of her channel, Riley Breedlove.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

On the wrestling on their back, for Ju Jitsu wrestlers it's a defensive position. Shannon Logan used to sit on her but, kind of lean back and wait for me to come to her. She always beat me, every single fall, cept for 1 time I got her in a body scissors. She resisted for a while, but finally tapped. She still beat me like 100 falls to 1 though.

Last edited by LicensetoKill; 19-Jun-18 at 09:50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post: