Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 23-Oct-16, 15:46
Points: 75,407, Level: 100 Points: 75,407, Level: 100 Points: 75,407, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,746 Times in 631 Posts
Default Running in the family

I've noticed that fetishes/interests can run in families and it supports my opinion that a fetish is something that's innate to you rather than caused by an event. My grandmother, mother, my sister and myself were/are all in relationships where we were/are dominant. I've noticed submissive personalities occurring in a similar way. A particular fetish may be equally genetically dependent. It may be dormant until triggered by an event but it is present before that. As techniques develop it may not be long before we can point to a gene that causes a fetish.

Have other forum members noticed anything similar?

Last edited by sillver; 23-Oct-16 at 22:15.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillver For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Oct-16, 21:16
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Running in the family

From my experience, predisposition is genetic. It doesn't mean much however without the right triggers at the right times.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Oct-16, 22:31
Points: 75,407, Level: 100 Points: 75,407, Level: 100 Points: 75,407, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
From my experience, predisposition is genetic. It doesn't mean much however without the right triggers at the right times.
I'd be interested to hear more about that experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to sillver For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 14:15
Points: 14,655, Level: 52 Points: 14,655, Level: 52 Points: 14,655, Level: 52
Last Achievements

I have not seen any evidence in my family that my desire to be dominated is genetic. There are no males on either side of the family that seem to show a predisposition to be submissive but that doesn't mean your theory is not sound. It could very well be genetic, but I do believe and always have that trigger events set off these desires, genetic or not.
Old 24-Oct-16, 18:47
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillver [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd be interested to hear more about that experience.
By experience I meant mainly my experience communicating with people who share similar fetishes to mine. But also my personal experience in regards to predisposition, which runs in the family.

As to the childhood experiences, I have written about mine on several occasions at the forum. I have been scissored by my sister, wrestled my cousins, my friend's sister, played femdom-themed game we called "Queen" with one of my cousins, etc. In all of these cases I greatly enjoyed losing or feeling powerless or inferior. I didn't know it was sexual back then. No one does at that age. However, I don't think it's right to call them triggers, since I'm almost certain I initiated these situations. I'm not sure what the trigger was in my case, but I think it might have been one of my earliest memories from when I was 4, when I witnessed a very "patriarchal" incident between my parents. I've been told that one of the outcomes of noticing such moments is that it can instill the need in a person to reverse the hierarchy, through his own experiences. I started having fantasies of getting dominated, wrestled down and stepped on by my aunt very soon after that incident.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 19:12
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
By experience I meant mainly my experience communicating with people who share similar fetishes to mine. But also my personal experience in regards to predisposition, which runs in the family.

As to the childhood experiences, I have written about mine on several occasions at the forum. I have been scissored by my sister, wrestled my cousins, my friend's sister, played femdom-themed game we called "Queen" with one of my cousins, etc. In all of these cases I greatly enjoyed losing or feeling powerless or inferior. I didn't know it was sexual back then. No one does at that age. However, I don't think it's right to call them triggers, since I'm almost certain I initiated these situations. I'm not sure what the trigger was in my case, but I think it might have been one of my earliest memories from when I was 4, when I witnessed a very "patriarchal" incident between my parents. I've been told that one of the outcomes of noticing such moments is that it can instill the need in a person to reverse the hierarchy, through his own experiences. I started having fantasies of getting dominated, wrestled down and stepped on by my aunt very soon after that incident.
Predisposition seems a very good way to put it as it can result in something being expressed spontaneously or as the result of a triggering experience.

Those of us who have the fetish often had it in a non sexual form when young. I think sexual awareness affects the fetish at puberty, diluting or masking it if you like as the sexual desire swamps the fetish. As people get older and sexual interest starts to wane I think the fetish regains ascendance and returns to being less sexual in nature. For instance younger men may be obsessed with oral sex while older men may like to be facesat with the woman wearing underwear.

I'm interested in your experience of wanting to 'reverse the heirarchy'. I haven't heard that before but it makes a lot of sense and fits with some of my own experiences.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillver For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Oct-16, 22:40
Points: 3,862, Level: 26 Points: 3,862, Level: 26 Points: 3,862, Level: 26
Last Achievements

Quote:
In all of these cases I greatly enjoyed losing or feeling powerless or inferior. I didn't know it was sexual back then. No one does at that age.
Hit the nail on the head.
Old 25-Oct-16, 07:29
Points: 38,470, Level: 86 Points: 38,470, Level: 86 Points: 38,470, Level: 86
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,127 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillver [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've noticed that fetishes/interests can run in families and it supports my opinion that a fetish is something that's innate to you rather than caused by an event. My grandmother, mother, my sister and myself were/are all in relationships where we were/are dominant. I've noticed submissive personalities occurring in a similar way. A particular fetish may be equally genetically dependent. It may be dormant until triggered by an event but it is present before that. As techniques develop it may not be long before we can point to a gene that causes a fetish.

Have other forum members noticed anything similar?
very true..I am absolutely convinced it's genetically linked,as I have some evidence of it in my family. Not just with the fetishism, but with other related disabilities
The Following User Says Thank You to sprog For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Oct-16, 10:25
Points: 30,504, Level: 76 Points: 30,504, Level: 76 Points: 30,504, Level: 76
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,474 Times in 249 Posts

i have the same experience from the relationship i am in now. my girlfriend a the dominant one, and so are her mom and sister.
Old 25-Oct-16, 12:55
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprog [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
very true..I am absolutely convinced it's genetically linked,as I have some evidence of it in my family. Not just with the fetishism, but with other related disabilities
So much of how we are is genetic, both physical and mental. Our unique experiences obviously influence us but the way we are influenced is dependent on our genetic make up.

Everyone accepts that family traits are passed down thru the generations so why not a predisposition to fetish? It's part of who we are.
The Following User Says Thank You to sillver For This Useful Post: