Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Oct-14, 20:21
Points: 1,982, Level: 18 Points: 1,982, Level: 18 Points: 1,982, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default How Many Wives Can?

I was talking to a guy who told me he knew of a study performed at a university in which husbands and wives performance in various activities was studied. One of the events studied was armwrestling in which the ability of both the men and the women was measured by a machine that tells the amount of pressure or force applied. The result of each partner was directly compared to his/her own partner (husband/wife). He said it showed some very interesting results. There were a lot of other actvities he told me about, but for obvious reasons, he really caught my attention when he was talking about the armwrestling machine. The husbands and wives were measured in groups of men and women, so they never got the results of the test.

Anyways, he didn't have an exact number but he said there were over 1000 couples of all different races, ethnic groups, and body sizes participate in the study. Now I know this isn't a large number but it's actually higher than I expected it to be; over 7% of the wives out-performed their own husbands in the armwrestling event. I thought that was very interesting. If this study is accurate, almost one out of every fifteen wives could defeat their husbands if they'd really try; which leads to my next point.

In a questionaire taken before hand, about one percent of the women said they felt like they could out-perform their husband in this activity. This leads me to wonder. How many women out there could actually take their husbands if they were confident and really tried? What do y'all think? Is this number pretty close to accurate? Or do you think there was a lot of flaw in these numbers? It'll be interesting to me to hear some of your thoughts.
The Following User Says Thank You to DBR For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Oct-14, 22:18
Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Default Re: How Many Wives Can?

Why would they make such a study? I'm not sure how many couples they tested but I doubt it's much more than 5 percent.
Old 23-Oct-14, 14:33
Last Achievements

He said it was a Kinesiolgy project by a Master's student working on a thesis. He told me that there was over 1000 couples that participated in the research. I was thinking more like 2% but he said the numbers were much higher than what I would've expected. Of course, I heard what I wanted to hear and during a lot of the conversation my mind was wondering and kept coming back to the armwrestling part of the study. There were a lot of others involved in the conversation as well so I didn't get to ask too many questions without giving away my reason for interest.
Old 23-Oct-14, 15:35
Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53 Points: 14,919, Level: 53
Last Achievements

I don't want women to overtake men in strength. I still want to be the stronger sex and it's more attractive when it's a rarity/surprise.
Old 24-Oct-14, 05:34
Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60 Points: 19,379, Level: 60
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,922 Times in 561 Posts

I would agree that the percentage is probably rather low but I think most of us probably know at least a few women who could kick their husband's asses and probably ours too. There are quite a few battered husbands out there although very few of them would dare report such a thing. Let's face it, there are a ton of men who wouldn't raise their hand to a woman no matter what, even if it meant taking a beating but there are women who are just unusually big and strong or who possess martial arts or other fighting skills who are married to smaller, weaker men who would never even dare challenge them. Personally I have known of two including a slightly built neighbor who is undoubtedly under his wife's control both mentally and physically. She is a very big woman with an attitude to match her size, it's just really obvious that she dominates. I would imagine he likes it that way but either way he's got no choice and I am scared to death of his wife.
Old 24-Oct-14, 14:24
Last Achievements

I agree 100%. There are few out there and most guys would never report it out of embarassment. The thing that fascinated me so much about the study I spoke of was that most of the females would've never thought it. And from what I gathered, they still don't because I don't think the results of the comparisons where made available to the subjects studied. The other thing was he said 7% outperformed their husband in applied pressure/force in the armwrestling motion, which I thought was an awfully high number. That's approximately 1 in 14 women when over a thousand couples were studied. So if those numbers apply are close to accurate and closely represent the rest of the population, any given day we can to the mall and approximately 1 in 14 couples we see the wife could be stronger. I got a little excited about this because I felt it gave a better chance that I previously I thoght I had of finding one for myself.
Old 25-Oct-14, 08:14
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,750 Times in 1,917 Posts

1 in 15 couples sounds about right in my book, especially factoring in the amount younger woman/older man couples.
Old 25-Oct-14, 20:10
Points: 1,843, Level: 17 Points: 1,843, Level: 17 Points: 1,843, Level: 17
Last Achievements

I would think 7% or more at least. Just think how many girls grew up on farms. Some of them are really strong.
Old 30-Oct-14, 14:53
Points: 1,655, Level: 16 Points: 1,655, Level: 16 Points: 1,655, Level: 16
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%
Last Achievements

Here is a mixed wrestling couple that put out an eBook on how the wife beats her husband's ass in wrestling, arm wrestling, and other stuff. Their matches are real and she destroys and humiliates him. Lucky guy............ [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Following User Says Thank You to msfighter For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Oct-14, 15:26
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlylegs [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't want women to overtake men in strength. I still want to be the stronger sex and it's more attractive when it's a rarity/surprise.
I understand what you're saying. Even if you like it, you still want it to be special.

The average man is stronger than the average woman, but a certain percentage of women are stronger than a certain percentage of men, and then and even smaller percentage of women are stronger than the *average* man.

Just gotta find 'em.
The Following User Says Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post: