Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Axa Jay vs Viktor. Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-93.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24-Aug-17, 23:58
bonnie4444's Avatar
bonnie4444 bonnie4444 is online now
Senior Member
Points: 36,611, Level: 84 Points: 36,611, Level: 84 Points: 36,611, Level: 84
Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Location: Northwest England.
Posts: 1,394
Thanks: 2,520
Thanked 3,192 Times in 620 Posts
Default How I'm Starting To Feel.

Now here's a thing, and its one that to actually express my thoughts may get me castigated by some sections of this Forum. It is simply this. I am becoming bored with this Forum. Before "Angry Of Purley" etc, rush to their keyboards, allow me to explain myself.
When I joined this Forum, I thought it was brilliant and most of the members ( at least the small percent who actually contributed ) seemed to be great, like minded people. I contributed often and rose through the ranks to become an Insider ( when they existed ). I picked up the odd ban or two along the way, but that's what happens when you stick your head above the parapet----I probably deserved them. The Forum was interesting and I was having FUN.
Now, my contribution is down to less than 15% and that's NOT because I can't be arsed. I simply cannot think of any meaningful contribution since only very short clips and a mere handful of pictures can now be posted. I know that there are stalwarts such as MC-MENNI ( bless him ) who keep up the good work, but they are the exception. I don't want to be this negative, although this post will probably draw some criticism, but there are only a limited number of ways that a story can be told and I'm beginning to feel that I'm getting near the end of the book. I really hope that I'm wrong and that I'll somehow rekindle my interest.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bonnie4444 For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 25-Aug-17, 09:55
elliebi001 elliebi001 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 8,827, Level: 40 Points: 8,827, Level: 40 Points: 8,827, Level: 40
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 936
Thanks: 2,437
Thanked 1,211 Times in 453 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

I understand exactly how you feel. There are still some excellent contributors, my favorite is lollydx, who regularly post outstanding material. I've also backed off and just don't feel as excited anymore. In my case, my health has deteriorated over the past two years, but don't want to use that as an excuse. Maybe I just need to kick myself in the can and start contributing again. I hope I snap out of it because there are some superb people here who make this forum, including you Bonnie (Go Gunners!).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to elliebi001 For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 26-Aug-17, 04:07
LicensetoKill's Avatar
LicensetoKill LicensetoKill is offline
Senior Member
Points: 6,340, Level: 33 Points: 6,340, Level: 33 Points: 6,340, Level: 33
Activity: 91.2% Activity: 91.2% Activity: 91.2%
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Gender: Male
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,278
Thanks: 1,365
Thanked 1,054 Times in 533 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

I wasn't on this board 3 years ago, so I can't compare. I'm also more into the discussions than the pictures. I appreciate the occasional free video, but I respect the rules against sharing stuff that's on clips-4-sale.

My overall impression is that this is a great board. Lots of like minded people and some of a different mind, but it's all good. Some good discussion. Lots of people I like. Lots of good session reviews. Some older posters like me with good stories.

None of that makes your feelings wrong, so, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to disagree with either of you. I'm only sharing my perception as a newer member. Many message boards (everyone board I can think of that I frequented), seemed to go through a peak period and then a slowdown. I think this board is still a great find for any new posters.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 29-Aug-17, 03:27
georgejohnson's Avatar
georgejohnson georgejohnson is offline
Senior Member
Points: 14,319, Level: 51 Points: 14,319, Level: 51 Points: 14,319, Level: 51
Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6% Activity: 20.6%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 488
Thanks: 425
Thanked 1,171 Times in 243 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

I joined this board about 5 years ago. At that time it stood out a LOT as place where people explained their innermost motivations for being involved with femdom/wrestling. There were a lot of "why I have this fetish" kind of discussions.

That level of emotional intensity hasn't survived although once in a while it comes back.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 29-Aug-17, 13:16
desertgoodguy desertgoodguy is offline
Senior Member
Points: 13,173, Level: 49 Points: 13,173, Level: 49 Points: 13,173, Level: 49
Activity: 55.9% Activity: 55.9% Activity: 55.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,478
Thanks: 255
Thanked 1,071 Times in 691 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

Have been a charter member since almost the beginning, and the board has gone thru different phases, bit good and bad

But at the end of the day, the best board out there
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 30-Aug-17, 18:24
Maitsek's Avatar
Maitsek Maitsek is offline
Senior Member
Points: 9,153, Level: 41 Points: 9,153, Level: 41 Points: 9,153, Level: 41
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Gender: Male
Location: France
Posts: 272
Thanks: 190
Thanked 2,603 Times in 219 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

I have been an active member only this year but i appreciate a lot of things here. It allows us to share a passion and our interests in a respectful place. And there will always be ups and downs, like every forum. Nobody is right or wrong because an involvement is a personal matter.

About discussions, it is not easy to talk and reveal a part of ourselves in a constructive conversation. Wrestling means different things for people and opening emotions can sometimes provoke some misunderstandings (relating to sexuality, childhood issues, lifestyles choices...). But accepting our differences is a way to learn and grow.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-Aug-17, 18:48
EricRRobert EricRRobert is offline
Senior Member
Points: 8,737, Level: 40 Points: 8,737, Level: 40 Points: 8,737, Level: 40
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Location: Nevada
Posts: 314
Thanks: 254
Thanked 358 Times in 123 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to EricRRobert
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Now here's a thing, and its one that to actually express my thoughts may get me castigated by some sections of this Forum. It is simply this. I am becoming bored with this Forum. Before "Angry Of Purley" etc, rush to their keyboards, allow me to explain myself.
When I joined this Forum, I thought it was brilliant and most of the members ( at least the small percent who actually contributed ) seemed to be great, like minded people. I contributed often and rose through the ranks to become an Insider ( when they existed ). I picked up the odd ban or two along the way, but that's what happens when you stick your head above the parapet----I probably deserved them. The Forum was interesting and I was having FUN.
Now, my contribution is down to less than 15% and that's NOT because I can't be arsed. I simply cannot think of any meaningful contribution since only very short clips and a mere handful of pictures can now be posted. I know that there are stalwarts such as MC-MENNI ( bless him ) who keep up the good work, but they are the exception. I don't want to be this negative, although this post will probably draw some criticism, but there are only a limited number of ways that a story can be told and I'm beginning to feel that I'm getting near the end of the book. I really hope that I'm wrong and that I'll somehow rekindle my interest.
I think I have that feeling about... everything I like. The local music scene. Social media. Netflix Originals. Bethesda games. Yes, even beer!

It's basically just brain chemistry. Things that make us feel good make us feel less good with constant repetition. So we need a break. And then we go back to them.

I bet if you took three weeks and tried not to even *think* about sex and combat, you'd come back here and be like "OMG I LOVE THIS FORUM"
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EricRRobert For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 03-Oct-17, 23:49
The Raptor The Raptor is offline
Senior Member
Points: 9,466, Level: 41 Points: 9,466, Level: 41 Points: 9,466, Level: 41
Activity: 52.9% Activity: 52.9% Activity: 52.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 452
Thanks: 297
Thanked 414 Times in 152 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgoodguy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Have been a charter member since almost the beginning, and the board has gone thru different phases, bit good and bad

But at the end of the day, the best board out there
I agree, Joe. For its subject matter, it's the best and most diversified.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-Oct-17, 00:18
schatten_PhD's Avatar
schatten_PhD schatten_PhD is offline
Senior Member
Points: 6,971, Level: 35 Points: 6,971, Level: 35 Points: 6,971, Level: 35
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Gender: Male
Location: USA - East Coast
Posts: 838
Thanks: 1,246
Thanked 701 Times in 247 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRRobert [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think I have that feeling about... everything I like. The local music scene. Social media. Netflix Originals. Bethesda games. Yes, even beer!

It's basically just brain chemistry. Things that make us feel good make us feel less good with constant repetition. So we need a break. And then we go back to them.

I bet if you took three weeks and tried not to even *think* about sex and combat, you'd come back here and be like "OMG I LOVE THIS FORUM"
BINGO!

Often I go on this forum every day, or at least a few times a week. Occasionally I'll let a few weeks go by without visiting. the forum is usually more enjoyable after returning from a hiatus.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 08-Oct-17, 16:08
Subboy2 Subboy2 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 8,576, Level: 39 Points: 8,576, Level: 39 Points: 8,576, Level: 39
Activity: 47.1% Activity: 47.1% Activity: 47.1%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Location: Ohio
Posts: 620
Thanks: 1,277
Thanked 1,152 Times in 307 Posts
Default Re: How I'm Starting To Feel.

Personally I love this forum, but like all things, need a break occasionally. When I feel like that, I stay away from it for a week or two. Then I come back, and hey presto, more content to catch up with, and more discussions to participate in.

I love the fact there is somewhere I can discuss my kinks/wrestling fetishes with other like minded people and not be judged...long may it continue
__________________
Sit on my face
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
¿How does a headscissor feel? QuentinJobber Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 15 04-Sep-17 07:37
Popularity of 'BIG BREAST' on online searches are starting to sag stymie General Discussion 6 21-Aug-17 12:46
Ever feel like a loser? Ricoswrap Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 29 02-May-17 03:27
Thinking of starting up a new clips4sale store? Bodyscissors Toy Wrestling & Fighting Discussion 5 20-Sep-16 05:40
This starting position! FsFan Wrestling & Fighting Videos 0 17-Jan-14 05:40


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.