Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Jan-19, 20:40
Banned
Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%

Default Re: Mixed fighting - fantasy vs reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegauger [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well - before I tried wrestling a skilled female I dismissed just about all videos as fake - because the guys seemed to hold back. But after wrestling Veve Lane and Kathy Gifford I realised that my feeble attempts to fight back would have looked just as fake to someone watching.
Again we get it..... These are two of the most skilled grapplers pound for pound. The OP was talking about higher more skilled, however not top-tier Brown/Black Belts & how he fared.

Like comparing apples & oranges.
Old 17-Jan-19, 11:13
Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,048 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Again we get it..... These are two of the most skilled grapplers pound for pound. The OP was talking about higher more skilled, however not top-tier Brown/Black Belts & how he fared.

Like comparing apples & oranges.
Precisely. If they are purple or brown belt yes, I agree that I wouldn't stand a chance. I occasionally have "wrestled" against brown belts but the match was mostly them teaching moves to the class while chocking me, or rather holding back letting me try. The blue belts are more in my range, whereas it depends on the size and strength. But scaling up to the upper echelons I wonder what would happen if a blue belt male challenged a brown belt woman..I really don't know.
Old 17-Jan-19, 11:41
Banned
Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by John3 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Precisely. If they are purple or brown belt yes, I agree that I wouldn't stand a chance. I occasionally have "wrestled" against brown belts but the match was mostly them teaching moves to the class while chocking me, or rather holding back letting me try. The blue belts are more in my range, whereas it depends on the size and strength. But scaling up to the upper echelons I wonder what would happen if a blue belt male challenged a brown belt woman..I really don't know.
It's Fantasy for the majority here. Now I don't know BJJ, but once a Brown or Black at these very serious gyms (not belt factories) then skill becomes more & more a differentiator.

I was one who saw the first UFC's (I think we got together and watched 3 through 6 at a friends) and seeing Royce Gracie beat Dan Savage & Kimo (people who were 100+lbs larger) you could see the difference. But in an all out fight and now with some simple BJJ skills the results would have been different.

There is a reason for weight classes.
Old 22-Jan-19, 14:52
Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,238 Times in 546 Posts

"Sometimes one movie's female fight scene is more believable than a similar scene in a different movie, but I find a way to enjoy both of them."

Imagining that an actress in a movie is a much more skillful fighter than she appears to be involves a suspension of disbelief, but I often take one more leap of imagination by imagining that the man who she is beating up is me.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapidjeff For This Useful Post:

Tags
real mixed grappling, real mixed wrestling