Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Do you think homosexuality is a kind of fetish?
Yes 5 10.00%
No 39 78.00%
Not sure 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-May-16, 21:53
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts
Default Re: Fetishism and homosexuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed209 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A lot of the fetish folks out there (at least the more extreme ones) don't even want to have sex. They want to worship a woman's foot, or get scissored and knocked out. There have been threads time and time again on here documenting this.
That's the broader definition of fetish, that I haven't been super-aware of.

As far as muscle I can't speak for everybody, in the environment I was raised in rounded asses and strong legs were considered very sexy for a woman, even in extremes. As far as arms, I just don't like extremely skinny or extremely fat.

As for the strong girls themselves, interacting with them, most of them exude a feminine energy more like the picture below than any masculine energy, even if they're overpowering you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R Crumb Strong Girl.jpg (118.6 KB, 173 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 24-May-16, 23:36
Points: 8,296, Level: 39 Points: 8,296, Level: 39 Points: 8,296, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thank you for all your answers. The word fetish itself has a lot of different meanings according to each one. I assume that if something is not sexual in nature, but someone gets aroused by it, it's a fetish.

Masturbation is sexual pleasing without reproductive intention, right. But most people don't prefer masturbation over sex with a woman. Many fetishists (if not most of them) prefer their fetish over sex. The same way homosexuals are a minority and prefer sex with people of the same gender (which straight people have no interest in) rather than sex with people of the opposite gender (which is the common thing).

So, in my opinion, both things are related and belong to a continuum. The only thing, as I said earlier, is that homosexuality also has to do with marriage, families, inheritance and that gives it a different status.
Old 25-May-16, 04:52
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedwrestlingnyc [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Erotic fetishism is often defined as having a sexual attraction to something not traditionally viewed as sexual. Or it is defined as having a need for a certain item, situation, body part (non-traditionally sexual) for sexual excitement.

Merriam Webster defines Fetish as:

: a strong and unusual need or desire for something
: a need or desire for an object, body part, or activity for sexual excitement
: an object that is believed to have magical powers

Source: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Wikipedia defines sexual fetishism thusly:

"Sexual fetishism or erotic fetishism is a sexual focus on a nonliving object or nongenital body part." and "While medical definitions restrict the term sexual fetishism to objects or body parts,[1] fetish can also refer to sexual interest in specific activities in common discourse."

Source: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

So, is homosexuality a fetish based on the common definitions of fetish? It *could* be a fetish if the *idea* of "homosexuality" itself is the turn-on. But what if a man is attracted to the "traditionally sexual" characteristics of a man? According to common definitions, it is not a fetish. But if he is attracted specifically to the feet of another man? A foot fetish? It can be a homosexual foot fetish.

But is homosexuality itself a fetish, broadly speaking? I think most experts in human sexuality would say no. Rather, it is a sexual preference. Broadly speaking, it is a preference in partners, based on sex/gender.
Bingo. Smart man. I've read about BDSM, fetishes, etc extensively, and that's correct.

A sexual preference is not the same as a fetish. Ditto with sexual orientation and fetish. Your sexual orientation could also be straight, pansexual, demisexual, etc. and those aren't fetishes, either.
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:
Old 25-May-16, 04:56
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It might be a bit off-topic, but I would like to comment on this. I personally do not like this definition. This has become a common thing, especially lately, that people use the term "fetish" in a very broad sense. A fetish is not something one simply likes sexually. It has to be a big part of one's sexuality to be called a fetish. A fetish, or rather the object of a fetish, is a need. It is very often a necessity, without which the quality of intimate time is significantly lowered, or, in some cases, one cannot experience sexual release at all.

When we are talking about fetish, we are talking about an obsession, a very strong need and desire. There are many physical activities and body parts one might enjoy sexually, but can live perfectly fine without. I think it is an important distinction to make for the sake of the subject comparison.
Exactly. So I have a fetish for mixed wrestling and for female domination. As I'd wager a large number of the posters here do.

I also, however, LOVE vanilla sex, oral sex, etc. But I have a strong need for the other things. There's a continuum here. Not all people with fetishes have no desire for "normal" sex.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:
Old 26-May-16, 03:56
Points: 12,933, Level: 49 Points: 12,933, Level: 49 Points: 12,933, Level: 49
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,516 Times in 181 Posts

By definition "Fetish" does not work do describe a sexual orientation.

Etymology

From French fétiche, from Portuguese feitiço, from Latin factīcius ‎(“artificial”)

Noun

fetish ‎(plural fetishes)

- Something which is believed to possess, contain, or cause spiritual or magical powers; an amulet or a talisman. [from the early 17th c.]

-Something sexual or nonsexual, such as an object or a part of the body, which arouses sexual desire or is necessary for one to reach full sexual satisfaction. [from the early 19th c.]

Example: I know a guy who has a foot fetish.

- (US) An irrational, or abnormal fixation or preoccupation. [from the 19th c.]

Example:
1933: We have a feeling that it must be "honest" work, because it is hard and disagreeable, and we have made a sort of fetish of manual work. -- George Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London, Ch. XXII, pg. 117 (Harvest / Harcourt paperback edition).

Fetish first and foremost is connected to voodoo magic and was introduced to the sexual vocabulary in the early 19th century, just as other words, that have no ties to human sexuality have been given a sexual meaning like "gay", which actually meant "being merry" or "being cheerfully".

The history of language however is based on the right of majority, which is why the meaning of the word gay nowadays is instantly linked to homosexuality instead to being cheerfully.

At present the word fetish has no connection to sexuality, an can only reach this status by the majority of mankind agreeing upon the word being used in that way. This however would imply that heterosexuality as clear opposite to homosexuality must be seen as fetish as well.

In the current definition homosexuality is not a fetish.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jun-16, 06:20
Points: 3,913, Level: 26 Points: 3,913, Level: 26 Points: 3,913, Level: 26
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Last Achievements

For me, it only extends oral and only in dominant situation - just like with women. But this works only if male fits ideal physical look and, in fantasy, calm, balanced demeanor (like a trainer that has been working with me who is 20 years younger and wants to be serviced in nonreciprocal manner, just as statement of acknowledging his greater virility, superior physique and, perhaps, non-malignant masochistic tendencies). IT never goes deeper and anyway but oral. I can never fantasize about waking up next to a guy or having a guy meet my needs. Odd but it all seems to flow from common, basic threads with femme dome: muscle worship and being dominated.
Old 06-Dec-16, 21:17
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Interesting thread (which popped up in my feed today because of the upload art at the top of the main page). We all define everything through our own, unique lenses, but yes, homosexuality can be fetishized. Lots of guys have fantasized about being lesbian.
Old 06-Dec-16, 21:32
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

How to recognize a "fetish":
1. Girls on wrestling mats or in boxing rings wearing high heels.
2. Ditto, with heavy makeup and lipstick.
3. Script for match dictated by the vidbiz