Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 18-May-17, 22:40
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts
Default Dahomey Amazons - real historic elite all-female army unit (circa 1650-1900, Africa)

Here are some articles about them, truly incredible and unique story

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Dahomey Amazons or N'Nonmiton, which means "our mothers" in Fon, were a Fon all-female military regiment of the Kingdom of Dahomey in the present-day Republic of Benin which lasted until the end of the 19th century.

They were an elite all-female army unit of the African Kingdom of Dahomey and the women warriors in the unit were enrolled at a young age, some as early as 8 years old. They trained intensively in combat and in physical exercise (I read somewhere that this included wrestling) as well as in survival skills their entire life. They had to be virgins and practice chastity, loyal only to the king. Because of their special upbringing and total devotion to discipline and elite training all their life they started to vastly exceed the abilities of the male soldiers of the kingdom! They were also much more courageous and fanatical in battle. Because of that they became the elite force, superior to their male compatriots. Some of them also held prominent positions in the kingdom.

They didn't show much mercy to their enemies and returned home with the heads and also genitals of their opponents, as was the custom in the region at the time. Imagine how humiliating it must have been for the males of the defeat tribes to be beaten by an all-women unit and then literally emasculated by them. They were also literally enslaving men as the Dahomey organized slave raids, capturing their neighbors and selling them to the European slave trade.

As the European colonial influence started to spread over Africa the Dahomey tribe started to fight against the French in two wars. Naturally, these Amazon women were at the forefront of the war. When the French soldiers initially saw them they underestimated them and paid dearly. Many of the French soldiers fighting in Dahomey hesitated before shooting or bayoneting the Dahomey Amazons. The resulting delay led to many of the French casualties.

The Dahomey were only defeated after the French brought the reinforcements from the French foreign legion and much more technologically sophisticated weaponry like the machine guns. The legionnaires later wrote about the "incredible courage and audacity" of the Amazons. Dahomey women would also kill French officers pretending they were prostitutes and then kill them in bed. The Dahomey Amazons were the last unit to defend the kingdom.

Apparently, P. C. Wren's 1917 book of short stories Stepsons of France contains a story called "Here are Ladies," describing a series of clashes between troops of the Foreign Legion and the Dahomey Amazons.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 19-May-17, 01:14
lottatore sottomesso
This message has been deleted by lottatore sottomesso.
Old 19-May-17, 01:19
King of Embeds
Points: 571,567, Level: 100 Points: 571,567, Level: 100 Points: 571,567, Level: 100
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 406,381 Times in 26,593 Posts
Default Re: Dahomey Amazons - real historic elite all-female army unit (circa 1650-1900, Afri

Dahomey amazons....I read about them in this old manual of history,many years ago...
The Following User Says Thank You to lottatore sottomesso For This Useful Post:
Old 19-May-17, 04:06
Points: 5,703, Level: 32 Points: 5,703, Level: 32 Points: 5,703, Level: 32
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,261 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: Dahomey Amazons - real historic elite all-female army unit (circa 1650-1900, Afri

Fantastic! Reading this real life account of an amazon army defeating, killing, enslaving male soldiers put me in mind of the classic Hardie story: The Amazons are Coming!

Did any of the captured males share the excitement that was expressed by one of Hardie's captive males:
"As I watched the slender, shapely, young
Amazon girls fighting and slaughtering the mighty male warriors of the
Kingdom, I had experienced an excitement I'd never felt before. My whole being
shook with sexual arousal. I could barely breathe.

My cock throbbed in an enormous erection, an erection which I dared not touch
because I knew I'd immediately explode and interrupt the mesmerising, blood-
tingling sensations I was experiencing. The Amazon girls, in the reality of
their destruction of a male host twice the size of their own army, and their
individual victories over huge, powerfully muscled male opponents, were
exceeding my wildest fantasies of female domination over men.

I couldn't even remember getting down from my horse, taking off my slave tunic
and draping it over my mare's back while I leant back against her patient
body, stark naked, tense, straining, shivering, giddy with excitement as my
mind soaked up the images of gorgeous, graceful girls fighting against male
warriors twice their size and destroying the men in combat!"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mts2 For This Useful Post:
Old 19-May-17, 19:25

I would love if Hollywood would make a movie about them. With all the women empowerment maybe they will touch this subject one day and portray exotic strong athletic black women defeating, capturing and emasculating white imperialist French men.

Which athletic black actresses do you think should play the leading roles of Dahomey Amazons in such movie?
Old 19-May-17, 21:15
Points: 4,481, Level: 28 Points: 4,481, Level: 28 Points: 4,481, Level: 28
Last Achievements

You have movie Cobra Verde by Werner Herzog [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
somewhere about 1:16:15
The Following User Says Thank You to paracelzus For This Useful Post:
Old 19-May-17, 22:02
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracelzus [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You have movie Cobra Verde by Werner Herzog [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
somewhere about 1:16:15
Wow, that some crazy beautiful scene.

Dahomeys are a fascinating topic. Wish there were accounts of their hand to hand combat with their enemies.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 20-May-17, 06:54
Points: 5,703, Level: 32 Points: 5,703, Level: 32 Points: 5,703, Level: 32
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,261 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would love if Hollywood would make a movie about them. With all the women empowerment maybe they will touch this subject one day and portray exotic strong athletic black women defeating, capturing and emasculating white imperialist French men.

Which athletic black actresses do you think should play the leading roles of Dahomey Amazons in such movie?
Great idea for a film I'd love to see. As for suggested actresses, how about Danai Gurira, "Michonne" of The Walking Dead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mts2 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-May-17, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wow, that some crazy beautiful scene.

Dahomeys are a fascinating topic. Wish there were accounts of their hand to hand combat with their enemies.
Me too. Maybe it's because of the famous scene in the James Bond movie Octopussy, but I'm just fascinated with the idea of all-female armies fighting all-male armies in general. I think this is the ultimate humiliating defeat for the men at the hands of women, especially if they are similar in numbers and the men end up defeated and captured and the women taunt them and molest them afterwards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to al89 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-May-17, 17:02
Points: 15,753, Level: 54 Points: 15,753, Level: 54 Points: 15,753, Level: 54
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Why did they specifically decide to train Females in that Kingdom?

Was there a tactical reason behind that? Is there a higher moment of surprise when you realize you're facing a female army, so you don't take them serious enough?
Old 20-May-17, 20:02
Points: 31,609, Level: 77 Points: 31,609, Level: 77 Points: 31,609, Level: 77
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,251 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Me too. Maybe it's because of the famous scene in the James Bond movie Octopussy, but I'm just fascinated with the idea of all-female armies fighting all-male armies in general. I think this is the ultimate humiliating defeat for the men at the hands of women, especially if they are similar in numbers and the men end up defeated and captured and the women taunt them and molest them afterwards.
Me too. I'm fascinated with the idea of an all-female defeating an all-male army. That's obvious in many of my drawings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harry Cake For This Useful Post: