Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-May-18, 07:48
Points: 4,199, Level: 27 Points: 4,199, Level: 27 Points: 4,199, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Anji (Los Angeles) reviews

Anji wrestles you in a dedicated mat room in her home. The walls are festooned with the a multitude of prizes ,medals, and belts she has won over the many years of her fighting career. Although she has a passion for competitive engagements, she has the ability to dial things down to a more comfortable level for those of us who have little or no desire to engage in an all out struggle with someone who is a world class fighter. Because she is just at the beginning of her career as a session wrestler, she tends to fly under the radar of those of us seeking an exceptional mixed grappling experience. This is not due to any lack of skill; it has resulted simply from a lack of exposure.

From my temporary lodgings in a motel on Hollywood Blvd, I caught the number 222 bus at Hollywood and Vine to the stop at Foothill and Sherman Grove, a journey of about 70 minutes. From here, Anji graciously agreed to pick me up and drive the short distance to her residence. Once there, we changed into our wrestling attire and she proceeded to apply an amazing variety of arm,leg and neck holds. Her strength was overwhelming, and I found myself tapping from excruciating pain far quicker than what I would have liked. Anji took note of my request for a little less gusto in the holds, and I managed to hold out for a slightly longer period of time. She boasts a very large repertoire of holds; the hour sped by before I knew it.

Anji clearly has a passion for wrestling, as well as a keen sense of how to structure an enjoyable session for her client. She takes pride in her work, and places a great deal of importance on providing a quality experience. Add to this her empathy , emotional intelligence , and outgoing, extraordinary personality...she has an awful lot to offer.

Clearly I am besotted, and will repeat in the near future.

Tim
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vantim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Sep-18, 06:29
Points: 1,434, Level: 15 Points: 1,434, Level: 15 Points: 1,434, Level: 15
Last Achievements

Default Re: Anji (Los Angeles) reviews

I am super curious about doing a session with Anji. Looks like you had a good time @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register].
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whowouldknow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-18, 05:57
Producer
Points: 30,392, Level: 76 Points: 30,392, Level: 76 Points: 30,392, Level: 76
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,211 Times in 581 Posts

Anji just won World Masters BJJ Championships in Vegas.
I'm lucky that she has offered to train me at her home since
I'm ready to bump up my skills a few notches. Why not
be trained by the BEST! ?
Old 04-Oct-18, 13:17
Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30
Last Achievements

VANTIM, thanks for the review. Anji sounds like a truly skilled professional who knows how to make it fun for all.

Congratulations to Anji on her championship. It is a remarkable achievement.

Jennifer all we need is you becoming even more unstoppable. I can hear the begging for mercy already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Anji just won World Masters BJJ Championships in Vegas.
I'm lucky that she has offered to train me at her home since
I'm ready to bump up my skills a few notches. Why not
be trained by the BEST! ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Oct-18, 03:43
Points: 13,267, Level: 49 Points: 13,267, Level: 49 Points: 13,267, Level: 49
Last Achievements

I had a session with Anji about a month ago and she is as advertised. She is super responsive to emails...tremendously accommodating in her session bookings and one hell of a wrestler. She is very strong and has great defence. I highly recommend her for a semi or fully comp session...chances are she will kick your butt. She would have to be one of the toughest session girls to get a tap out of in my experience.

Last edited by bum8; 27-Oct-18 at 04:10.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bum8 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-18, 17:24
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

I had to fly to Los Angeles on a short notice in the end of October, and I had time to fit in 2-3 sessions. I tried contacting some of the “big” names in LA only to get no response or very late ones. Well had I known better, I would had approached Anji first.

In the middle of my stay, I wrote an email to Anji , and she responded in a few minutes. A few Emails later- and a session for the same day was set!

Anji welcomed me outside her house wearing a Gi with her bjj purple belt, and when we entered her house it was just like @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] described- her house is a shrine for fighting. A lot of medals, photos, pictures of Anji with many famous fighters, and in the background there was UFC 230 running. Anji breathes, eats and sleeps fighting and sports. We discussed about the session, and her conduct is so graceful and unpretentious , you see from the get go that it’s very important for her to understand what the client wants and to make the session the best experience for him.

So I knew I was getting into a fight with a real fighter, I thought that my size can gain me some advantage. But when she took off her Gi and switched to her session gear (bikini bottom and sports bra), I knew that it was over. She’s thick and massive in both her arms and legs, and she definitely had more muscle than me.

We armwrestled for a draw in both hands, and then the onslaught began. Anji had a tremendous core strength, and A few seconds after We began wrestling I was on the ground and she starting bending me into various shapes -I Became a pretzel, then an arch, and all kinds of shapes and forms. My arm became some sort of liquid, bent in all shapes and forms but professionally and not inflicting injury. There was no way for me to counter it, as I don’t have even 0.1% of Anji’s knowledge in fighting. And then the scissors came, and no way to last in them for more then a few seconds.
Anji did not hesitate to add more dominating/fantasy holds such as facesitting, hand smothering , and she’s able to smother with her body too.

I think that skill wise, Anji belongs to the Veve’s and Sheena’s elite group of the session wrestlers. Anji has size advantage over most of those wrestlers, and the fact that she dedicates her life to fighting, would make her a very tough opponent to each one of the best wrestlers.

The session continued with her dominating me in every possible way.the variety of holds and position is absolutely vast. Like I said, Anji is one of the most unpretentious and lovely session wrestlers out there. We fought and fought and then I took a look at the clock and we were way passed the time agreed for the session! I have had sessions before when we continued to wrestle beyond time, but with Anji it was as if she’s not even aware of the clock , just having fun destroying a big man who is clueless about fighting.

There are many session wrestlers who make you feel that they have fun just like you do, but with Anji I knew she was REALLY having fun. I also felt that money is secondary to her, having the ability to show her fighting skills and her knowledge was very important to her as well. She has a very interesting take on life, and she views fighting as some kind of spiritual way to experience life.

I enjoyed not only our session but also talking to Anji and ofcourse her conduct and personality. The only concern for me is that her generosity can be exploited by the bad clients, but so far she is happy with sessions and she has some regulars already.

I’m sure that if I was living in Los Angeles I would have becomes a regular as well. So if anyone wants to be with a true fighter, and a very interesting lady - Anji would have to be one of your top choices.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Nov-18, 19:47
Darren1

I haven't wrestled Anji but think she would beat Veve and Sheena
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Nov-18, 10:04
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Last Achievements

I disagree. I think both Veve and ArielX would beat Anji. They both have brown belts in bjj and also many gold medals in the adult division of purple belt. And brown belt too. Sheena is a competitior in her prime too and eould in my opinion beat Anji too. But I cant wait to session with Anji and have her change my view!
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveAikidoWomen For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Nov-18, 10:39
Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30 Points: 5,265, Level: 30
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren1 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I haven't wrestled Anji but think she would beat Veve and Sheena
Hopefully one day they will get together and wrestle and we will know for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Nov-18, 11:51
Points: 13,267, Level: 49 Points: 13,267, Level: 49 Points: 13,267, Level: 49
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAikidoWomen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I disagree. I think both Veve and ArielX would beat Anji. They both have brown belts in bjj and also many gold medals in the adult division of purple belt. And brown belt too. Sheena is a competitior in her prime too and eould in my opinion beat Anji too. But I cant wait to session with Anji and have her change my view!
Interesting post. I have wrestled Veve twice and Anji once and they both are great competitors. Anji definitely had a significant size and strength advantage over Veve...which could compensate for slightly more experience from Veve. As much as some people say size and strength dont matter in bjj...many practitioners would disagree to an extent.

Last edited by bum8; 17-Nov-18 at 12:13.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bum8 For This Useful Post:

Tags
anji