Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Nov-16, 23:48
Points: 10,055, Level: 43 Points: 10,055, Level: 43 Points: 10,055, Level: 43
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Putting on Mass

Well, I was squatting 65lbs and benching 45lbs when I started, and I still can't lift any more (2 months progress). Same goes for other lifts. Push ups have gotten harder, probably because of fat gain. I have been consuming 2500 calories daily.

I hate working out in of itself. Makes me tired, if anything. Not to mention it is timely, hard, and overall a chore. Clearly, I'm only interested in results. I wasn't interested in being really buff or anything, just, say, 120-130lbs, and an "athletic" look.

I suppose you're right about my parents. The thing is, I'm a student who is almost forced to live with his parents. They use this as a way to justify control over my life. Before I started eating more and working out, I was told I had to follow certain rules in regard to my diet, and I was always criticized for not eating enough, or not eating "good" food (trans-fatty, for example).
Old 12-Nov-16, 00:02
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

Well if you hate it, not much point in continuing I guess. Don't know if those lifts are 1 rep or more. I can't give you advice for shitty parents though, other than, suck it up as long as you're dependent on them, then once you graduate and get a job, leave and tell them to f off.

If you do want to continue, try upping the weight, or reps. For example, if you're squatting 65 lbs for 5 reps, try to do 6 next time. Work up to 8 or 10 reps eventually, then do 70 lbs for 5 reps. Another thing is possibly changing things up. When I first started, I got stuck at 155-165 forever. I tried out some other things (front squat, leg press, etc.), and one day hit 205. I never got stuck at 185 or anything. I understand this stuff being really boring for some people. I guess you're either into working out, or you're not.
Old 12-Nov-16, 19:53
Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24 Points: 3,328, Level: 24
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%
Last Achievements

Oh, and also, I don't know if this is it, but I found working out to be a chore too, depending on the gym. I used to workout at a university gym and it was insanely crowded all the time. I'd have to go at like 5-6 am to get a squat rack, and within 6 weeks of spring break, I couldn't even get a rack at 5 am or 10:30 PM. It sucked. I've had some other really crowded gyms like LA Fitness. But if you can find a good place like an independent bodybuilding gym it's much less stressful and doesn't feel like such a chore. There are also crossfit gyms that will let you do whatever you want in open gym (and there's never a fight for equipment there), although there are plenty of CF gyms that don't trust their clients to do open gym as well.
Old 16-Nov-16, 04:01
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,502 Times in 2,394 Posts

If you hate work out, why you do it? I's not bether to try other sports??? Like running, cylcling, swimming, etc..

My ith exactly the oposite, i love work out, but i hate full cardio... Even Cardio i prefer to go to crosstrainer and put the level high and do slowlier.

It's genetic! Peoply are made to run or to weightlifting and even both...

Probably you're hectomorph!

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

myself, i'm endomorph, very slightly mesomorph
Old 07-Jan-17, 21:57
Points: 5,434, Level: 31 Points: 5,434, Level: 31 Points: 5,434, Level: 31
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

If you are not doing it, you should rotate the workouts and body parts you are working. Legs one day, chest another, back another and so fourth. That way you are recovering part of your body why working the others. Doing the same workout every time does not allow for as much recovery.
Old 07-Jan-17, 22:31
Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32 Points: 5,775, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,259 Times in 314 Posts

So you gave up after what, 3 months?

If you want to have an athletic body you need to make this your lifestyle and do it for years.

Your body can't just change immediately. Lifting weights is the kind of activity where results come after months and years of hard work.

These days everyone wants to have an athletic muscular body, if it was easy to achieve it everyone would be walking around looking like the MMA fighter Yoel Romero. The reason why this isn't so is because it's not just as easy as going to a gym for few months.

Personally I had problems with weight gain and being overweight before and then I started doing boxing earily in my 20s. Once I found boxing I started training it intensively because I really love it and even then it took like 3 or 4 months to see ANY results in terms of weight loss. Then at some point I started lifting weights to bulk up a bit for clinch/in-fighting and general strength. It took me like a year to really get to the results that I wanted even though I was constantly in the gym and eating right. Then after that I worked more on cardio and explosiveness and again it was months of hard work.

You need to keep your goal in mind and realize that you'll only really achieve it in a couple of years. It's a test of will and ambition and once you get there you'll feel great about yourself. Also, you'll always remember how much work you have put into it and you'll never allow yourself to get out of shape again.

Personally I know that for myself, I'll be one of those ultra-fit in shape men in their 40s and 50s once I get to that age, I'll never give up on athletic lifestyle until I die because I know how much I put into it so far and the feeling of being in shape and as strong as you can be (naturally, without steroids) is just amazing.

Just go to the gym and don't think about immediate results but think about where you will be after 3, 5 years of that training.