Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Apr-23, 13:34
Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100 Points: 276,570, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 68,235 Times in 6,816 Posts
Default Re: Forum usage tips

Picture Resizing

This time I really do have a 'Forum Usage Tip' - even though it's one that most of you will be familiar with already.

A few days ago, a member apologised in advance - in case his thumbnail image was too small, saying he didn't know how to make it any bigger. I'm sure he meant when the thumbnail is clicked, rather than wanting to know how to embed one of those frame-busting images into the post. In the end it was fine - his thumbnail expanded into a full screen.

But, because I left it a while, I've forgotten who he was, or which thread he was using at the time. So I'm posting my reply here instead. If I come across his original post again, I can link to this one. Here goes...

1. When I double-click on my stored images, they automatically open with the Photos application. It's the one I use most often, so that's the example I've explained here. But most other picture apps will have a resize function too. If your tiny image doesn't open in Photos by default, just right-click on the picture. You will see Open With on the drop-down menu. Clicking on that should show Photos as an option to the right. So click on that next. [Image 1 below]

2. Once in Photos, there's a series of menu icons at the top centre of your screen. The furthest to the right - simply three dots - ... is for Further Options ('See more') [Image 2 below]. Left click on that, and on the drop-down menu you will find Resize image [Image 3 below].

3. Left click on Resize image and the Resizing pop-up will appear [Image 4 below]. The default is to adjust the number of pixels, but I always select Percentage (to the right) because it's easier for my maths.

4. Key in your desired increase in either the 'Width' or the 'Height' field. The other one will increase automatically by the same percentage. In this example I've used 250%. Make sure the New file size at the bottom remains below 2.0Mb. Otherwise the image won't upload due to the MvF Forum capacity limit. [Image 5 below].

5. Viola! Your image will then upsize [Image 6 below]. I've just cropped and coloured it a bit prior to posting [Image 7 below], using the far left of those picture adjustment icons mentioned at 2. above.
Attached Images
File Type: png Resize1.png (70.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Resize2.png (193.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Resize3.png (327.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Resize4.png (46.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Resize5.png (35.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png Resize6.png (443.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Resize7.jpg (52.1 KB, 71 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Oct-23, 01:09
Points: 17,510, Level: 57 Points: 17,510, Level: 57 Points: 17,510, Level: 57
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 6,343 Times in 602 Posts
Question mark Re: Forum usage tips

what is a good free image hosting site? the pixtress website is closed for new registration. specifically for images/gifs between 10mb and 110mb

Tags
community