Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Mar-12, 00:50
Points: 5,291, Level: 30 Points: 5,291, Level: 30 Points: 5,291, Level: 30
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ceiling Hold ( a.k.a Romeiro Hold ).

I have to go through my hard drive but I have tons of pictures and I know I have some good pictures to add.Just not sure when I'll have time to search
The Following User Says Thank You to peacefulc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Mar-12, 10:26
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 792 Posts
Smile Re: Ceiling Hold ( a.k.a Romeiro Hold ).

Thanks, peacefulc. I look forward to seeing them.
Old 05-Mar-12, 13:20
rassleme

The pic of Raquel hoisting Clay in the ceiling hold comes at the end of the match video between the two. Yes it is an awesome hold, one of my favorites rarely seen in mixed wrestling. I suspect it's because of the weight differences. The hold was one of Raquel's specialties so no doubt she had the technique down very well. I have seen one other mixed video with that hold, I'll have to search my files for it. It's not done nearly as well as Raquels.

Found the small gif on someone's avatar on another forum.
Attached Images
File Type: gif avatar_233793.gif (662.7 KB, 2148 views)

Last edited by rassleme; 06-Mar-12 at 02:49.
Old 07-Mar-12, 17:21
brach311

Hey guys is this really a legit hold? I mean look at the pic above, the guy is actually holding on to her arms. It looks as if the victim would have to be willing to be placed in this hold and could escape fairly easily by rocking or shifting his weight, no?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Mar-12, 07:52
Points: 30,504, Level: 76 Points: 30,504, Level: 76 Points: 30,504, Level: 76
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,474 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi !
I am interested in this move used in mixed wrestling, used by the female. I have not seen many examples of its use. Does this infer that the female is not strong enough to hoist a man up into position ? I would be interested in other members opinions on this. If any other people have pics or clips featuring this topic, please post them, because it really is one of the most painful and humiliating positions that a male wrestler could find himself in.
Nice hold never seen it before.. have you ever had a male in this hold bonnie4444?
Old 08-Mar-12, 18:44
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassleme [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The pic of Raquel hoisting Clay in the ceiling hold comes at the end of the match video between the two. Yes it is an awesome hold, one of my favorites rarely seen in mixed wrestling. I suspect it's because of the weight differences. The hold was one of Raquel's specialties so no doubt she had the technique down very well. I have seen one other mixed video with that hold, I'll have to search my files for it. It's not done nearly as well as Raquels.

Found the small gif on someone's avatar on another forum.
Yeah, isn't there another pic/clip of an asian girl in a mask (I think it might be Cassandra) with a masked guy in a ceiling hold? Not sure...
edit: found it!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

here's a clip of an fvf ceiling hold with 2 japanese girls:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by stymie; 08-Mar-12 at 18:59.
Old 08-Mar-12, 19:25
Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100 Points: 55,562, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,593 Times in 792 Posts
Smile Re: Ceiling Hold ( a.k.a Romeiro Hold ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brach311 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hey guys is this really a legit hold? I mean look at the pic above, the guy is actually holding on to her arms. It looks as if the victim would have to be willing to be placed in this hold and could escape fairly easily by rocking or shifting his weight, no?
Hey brach311 !!
You are trying to destroy a beautiful illusion. Yes the guy is holding her arms to assist her, but I doubt he could escape when the hold is full on. The whole subject of women wrestlers dominating guys is what this forum is all about, and if you don't accept that, you shouldn't be in it. If you only believe in true pics and clips, then how about submitting some, instead of ridiculing other peoples ( not mine ) posts. Let's see your posts.
Old 08-Mar-12, 19:50
tgbyhn06904

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan321 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
that is incredibly humiliating. Thats the kind of hold you can only be put in once yourealready beat down to nothing. Urs kind of designed for show ... look at her legs compared tomhis awesome ...
That is pretty much true. The match is over by the time this hold is used. Its been a long time, but I've wrestled some strong tough women and nobody would lay still long enough to be put in this hold. The looser would have to be already exhausted.
In the picture, the gal did a good job on the hold however. Her legs are pretty straight and he's really up there.

The most humiliating yet effective submission holds are the spladle and banana split.
I've been on both ends of those and if the hold is right, you are just waiting for it to be over.
Of the two, the banana split is the worst.
Old 09-Mar-12, 00:29
brach311

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie4444 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hey brach311 !!
You are trying to destroy a beautiful illusion. Yes the guy is holding her arms to assist her, but I doubt he could escape when the hold is full on. The whole subject of women wrestlers dominating guys is what this forum is all about, and if you don't accept that, you shouldn't be in it. If you only believe in true pics and clips, then how about submitting some, instead of ridiculing other peoples ( not mine ) posts. Let's see your posts.
Calm down, I ridiculing anything and I have submitted plenty of pics and video links thank you.
Ive never see that hold before so I was merely asking if this is a legitimate wrestling hold that someone can get put in during a match or more of a hold for show that requires both peoples cooperation to execute?
Old 09-Mar-12, 01:15
Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100
Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 38,593 Times in 3,882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbyhn06904 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The most humiliating yet effective submission holds are the spladle and banana split.
not familiar with these, so did a quick search:

spladle: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

banana split: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]