Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 04-Feb-14, 22:08
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts
Default Re: Boyfriend mad that girlfriend beats him wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not trying to plug my own stories, but I wrote one a fictional tale a few months ago ([Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]) that goes into what you're talking about. In the story, I've got myself sitting on the back of his head and defeating him.

Of course, that's where the fictional aspect comes in, because in real life, we started in this position.....and he powered out, for heaven's sake! He outweighs me by 75 pounds and simply stood up, carrying me along with him. Yes, he struggled, but if ever there was a position I could get him in that I felt was a sure-fire winner, that was it. As I said, I really am a weakling.....and he's strong as a bull.

At any rate, you can see by the story what my dreams are.
I should invite you to my next competitive match against a skilled girl so you can see how it's done lol. I outweigh Cody from Tempest by about 65 pounds now and I have a feeling she is still going to kick my ass. I have no doubt Veve would too if I end up scheduling something with her.
The Following User Says Thank You to qwertyuio For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Feb-14, 20:50
Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37 Points: 7,658, Level: 37
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd rather be damned if I do!

Still, I believe a lot of guys would feel that way; hoping a woman could beat him.....yet feeling threatened if she actually could.

Glad you understand the problem. As for me, I'm getting a bit better at wrestling because we keep doing it, but I can't foresee a time I'll actually beat him.
I am confused by why they feel that way. My wife was a really good athlete and her size was a major thing to like but still she had to expend A LOT of time and effort to become a good wrestler and fight well. And she did that FOR ME, not because she had some other need to. So if you GF or wife or just someone who cares enough about a guy goes to all the trouble and out of their way (as perhaps you have for your significant other) to become good enough to really be competitive and win, then the guy should thank his lucky starts and work to get better as well.

Having a lady who can be an equal and best you is a gift. Try being thankful and respectful. It's just so odd that when the lady succeeds and wins and starts to win consistently that suddenly the guy is "threatened". But I'm not surprised, but it is just so odd. But in wrestling and grappling, technique, quickness, strength, all matter and if a woman works had on those things why should a man who doesn't feel less because a trained fighter can take him. And especially if a pretty woman he cares about and she's doing it because he likes it.

Think about it, if a woman is a doctor, do these guys feel threatened because they can't diagnose illness as well as some "girl"? I would hope not, but I guess this pretty much captures the prejudice of people. Switch it, it's not a girl, but a black man, I guess if we think about it there was a time when some men through that by just being white it should mean you're a better wrestler, or football player, or whatever than a black would be. So I guess it shouldn't be a big leap to see continuing prejudice toward women. Sure generally women have smaller statures, so in general a guy will have an advantage, but it CAN be overcome, it's not a given. When my wife used to train heavily (before kids and there was TIME for that), she would weigh as much as I. I trained as well but she was in training for swimming, soccer, and softball, so she'd get really fit and hard. Now she's as tall as I am, but she would never really look for seem "cut", she always look great, but she was hard. And when she was dong that she was heavier. Muscle is heavier than fat, so she could when bench more, and I felt that even when we were benching the same or I was benching more, her lower bulk allowed her quickness to deliver strength and holds faster and more effectively. So in some ways it felt like her lower bulk, combined with higher quickness and equal strength made her a really hard combination to deal with. The point being, just straight out in a shoot fight there was no particular advantage to being male, in fact it seemed with strength equal and lower bulk but as much weight she had and still has the advantage. She just needed training time to learn strategy and holds.

I am proud of my wife, she's good. She can defeat me and I'm good, I can beat a lot of guys, good ones, even college wrestlers, but she's just flat better, but that's because she's trained and she works out and she works at things.

Last edited by mrrassleswithgirls; 05-Feb-14 at 21:00.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrrassleswithgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Feb-14, 21:18
Points: 5,484, Level: 31 Points: 5,484, Level: 31 Points: 5,484, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Having a lady who can be an equal and best you is a gift. Try being thankful and respectful. It's just so odd that when the lady succeeds and wins and starts to win consistently that suddenly the guy is "threatened". But I'm not surprised, but it is just so odd. But in wrestling and grappling, technique, quickness, strength, all matter and if a woman works had on those things why should a man who doesn't feel less because a trained fighter can take him. And especially if a pretty woman he cares about and she's doing it because he likes it.
The story is fake, bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to theneway For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Feb-14, 23:22
Banned
Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15 Points: 1,493, Level: 15
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theneway [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The story is fake, bro.
Quite obviously.
The Following User Says Thank You to theWrestlerman For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
girlfriend