Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jan-18, 23:36
Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35 Points: 6,813, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Desi Desire in California

Can you share a link - I must not be looking in the right place. I think I am looking at the promotions twitter feed, web page, and facebook. The latest events results I see are from October 14th where Desi wrestled Katie Forbes. so far I see stills from the event and apparently their raw video - which does not appear to cover the two womens matches
Old 23-Jan-18, 00:11
Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
Last Achievements

Flexzee is/was significantly better than Desi (but they are both quite skilled and have an intense desire to win that many other session wrestlers lack.

Another difference is that I am 10 years older than when I wrestled Flexzee. I have a similar initial strength to 10 years ago but my cardio is MUCH worse (despite working on it! but it gets counterproductive if you overdo it). Try not to get old !!!! either.

Desi is tall but when I initially looked at her, she seemed very skinny.

If there was a picture taken of us together, I would dwarf her.

I could pick her up but she is surprising heavy for being as thin as she appears (160 lbs seems about right). She didn't try to pick me up.

What she is good at is the various BJJ holds and me being the usual dumb (slow to react) male, will give my neck or arms willingly and try to power out of the holds unsuccessfully. (I still got a bruise on my bicep from this).

If I was 10 years younger, the match would have been probably a draw.

I mentioned it before but my favorite Flexzee story is that in the middle of the match, she lies down on her back and tells me to pin her in any way possible.

I put her in a grapevine and held her arms down and essentially put all my weight on her, She says are you ready? and then starts twisting and bucking her body, After a minute, she gets an arm free, grabs my neck, and then twists to the side. She then uses her legs to turn me over and about 2 minutes later she is sitting on top of me with me pinned decisively and I can't move her.

Added after 13 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfan53 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Can you share a link - I must not be looking in the right place. I think I am looking at the promotions twitter feed, web page, and facebook. The latest events results I see are from October 14th where Desi wrestled Katie Forbes. so far I see stills from the event and apparently their raw video - which does not appear to cover the two womens matches
I can't find it anymore but it was Katie Forbes (I think)

Last edited by ssgenius; 23-Jan-18 at 00:11.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgenius For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-18, 00:48
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgenius [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I can't find it anymore but it was Katie Forbes (I think)
I think you and I are hitting the same dead end. Prety sure Katie Forbes was not on this last card. They had a sold out house which might be as high as 500 plus based on the seating map but they may have done a non-disclosure agreement with the particpants.

The only was I could find out Lisa Marie and Saharra 7 wrestled was an obscure comment and selfie on Saharra 7's twitter. It looks like they are planning to sell DVD's of the show for $10 so unless the indy wrestling blogs spill the beans, you have to buy the disk to find out the match results
Old 23-Jan-18, 04:55
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwfan53 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think you and I are hitting the same dead end. Prety sure Katie Forbes was not on this last card. They had a sold out house which might be as high as 500 plus based on the seating map but they may have done a non-disclosure agreement with the particpants.

The only was I could find out Lisa Marie and Saharra 7 wrestled was an obscure comment and selfie on Saharra 7's twitter. It looks like they are planning to sell DVD's of the show for $10 so unless the indy wrestling blogs spill the beans, you have to buy the disk to find out the match results
See this:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

No video but does show match with Desi
Old 23-Jan-18, 05:22
Last Achievements

Looks like it was Desi vs Machiko San. Found is buried down in the Imperial Wrestling Facebook Page videos

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 23-Jan-18, 19:56
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgenius [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I put her in a grapevine and held her arms down and essentially put all my weight on her, She says are you ready? and then starts twisting and bucking her body, After a minute, she gets an arm free, grabs my neck, and then twists to the side. She then uses her legs to turn me over and about 2 minutes later she is sitting on top of me with me pinned decisively and I can't move her.
Sounds very familiar. She is/was a gem for sure.
Old 23-Jan-18, 23:52
Last Achievements

Looks like Desi came out on the loosing end of the match with Machiko. I haven't seen Desi in ring gear that has a blue top but Machiko has a new picture posted that shows her armbarring the heck out of someone wearing blue. Apparently was a good match from the comments. It looks like Machiko hangs out at a mma gym so this might have been more of a technical match than you see in pro wrestling.
Old 24-Jan-18, 00:07
Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Looks like Desi came out on the loosing end of the match with Machiko. I haven't seen Desi in ring gear that has a blue top but Machiko has a new picture posted that shows her armbarring the heck out of someone wearing blue. Apparently was a good match from the comments. It looks like Machiko hangs out at a mma gym so this might have been more of a technical match than you see in pro wrestling.
Desi beats me and then she gets beat by another lady.

Talk about embarrassing. Glad I didn't go there, It would have been doubly embarrassing.
Old 24-Jan-18, 00:21
Last Achievements

Quote:
Desi beats me and then she gets beat by another lady.

Talk about embarrassing. Glad I didn't go there, It would have been doubly embarrassing.
Desi appears to be the upper tier of women doing sessions - nothing to be embarrassed about. You ran into a better wrestler that session. Although oddly enough, she was apparently upset about loosing to Machiko and people are telling her the same thing.

Guess we have to buy the DVD from IWR to see how the match went. Also sort of interested to see Lisa Marie Varon vs Saharra 7. Sahaara was on the "Live From the Armory" podcast in 2017 and sounds really interesting.
Old 25-Jan-18, 15:16
Last Achievements

Quote:
Desi appears to be the upper tier of women doing sessions - nothing to be embarrassed about. You ran into a better wrestler that session. Although oddly enough, she was apparently upset about loosing to Machiko and people are telling her the same thing.

Guess we have to buy the DVD from IWR to see how the match went. Also sort of interested to see Lisa Marie Varon vs Saharra 7. Sahaara was on the "Live From the Armory" podcast in 2017 and sounds really interesting.
As an update, I'm starting to find stills from this Desi vs Machiko match. Based on the ring gear they were both wearing, the still that shows Machiko armbarring someone is not from this match. Looks like they did have an interesting match including some stuff outside the ring - like Desi taking a body slam on a bar. What appears to be the final shots from the match appear to be a win for Desi via pin.