Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Apr-18, 21:44
sometimepancake

Trophy First time Session Q’s !

Im planning on my first time session after being a lifelong observer, wanted to reach out to this great forum for some advice !

1. I don’t have a wrestling background. Im wondering if I’m going to be unsure of what types of moves to do (I’m looking for semi-competitive, maybe half domination), and if I should try to take a class or two so I have some practical training. I’m relatively fit and do various forms of dance though, so I’m fairly body aware.

2. Anyone have experiences as it not going as great for first time ? Wrestling a couple of girls previously in the past and loved it, but definitely anxious for a first actual session.

3. Any particular advice picking first time session wrestler ? I think I have some good first picks though.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

4. Any major ups and downs for hotel vs someone who has a studio ?

5. Any other general advice ?!

I’m 28, 5’10 and 160lbs if that gives insight.

Thanks !
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Apr-18, 22:02
Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56 Points: 16,821, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,626 Times in 947 Posts
Default Re: First time Session Q’s !

Just make sure you have fun and don't take it too seriosuly
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desertgoodguy For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Apr-18, 23:06
Points: 6,527, Level: 34 Points: 6,527, Level: 34 Points: 6,527, Level: 34
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I don't think taking classes is at necessary (unless you're genuinelly into the sport of it).
Also semi-competitive in mixed wrestling means you don't really fight back. It more means you provide a struggle and attempt to escape and offer a little resistance while the girl works you over. It's not about you winning. You need to book a full competitive match if you're interested in actually wrestling against and trying to win.

In fact I think it'll more enjoyable to go in without any wrestling knowledge.

The major downsides with hotels is they generally don't have mats. It's usually rooms with carpets they book and sometimes they'll bring those jigsaw puzzle mats which are truly atrocious because they break up and you spend half your session just having to put them back together again. Studios are better because they have proper equipment. Another downside to hotels is you can't be too loud I imagine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ser_Jaker For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Apr-18, 02:16
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,247 Times in 493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser_Jaker [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't think taking classes is at necessary (unless you're genuinelly into the sport of it).
Also semi-competitive in mixed wrestling means you don't really fight back. It more means you provide a struggle and attempt to escape and offer a little resistance while the girl works you over. It's not about you winning. You need to book a full competitive match if you're interested in actually wrestling against and trying to win.

The major downsides with hotels is they generally don't have mats. It's usually rooms with carpets they book and sometimes they'll bring those jigsaw puzzle mats which are truly atrocious because they break up and you spend half your session just having to put them back together again. Studios are better because they have proper equipment. Another downside to hotels is you can't be too loud I imagine.
I think the definition of “semi-comp” varies. For some it is just as you describe. For others it means a competitive match but one where the guy isn’t going all out to win. Doesn’t mean he can’t or that he won’t at least take some falls. That’s actually been more my experience. In fact I recently spoke with Inferno about a semi-competitive session, and she mentioned that she hoped she would win. But there definitely are those who consider semi-comp a match in which the guy essentially doesn’t mount any offense. Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brsimmons For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Apr-18, 09:24
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Relevant threads, listed chronologically:
- [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 28-Apr-18, 19:29
Points: 4,352, Level: 27 Points: 4,352, Level: 27 Points: 4,352, Level: 27
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Where the session is at shouldn't matter. Most ladies on here are very professional so whoever you have your first session with, let them know it's your first and you"ll have fun.
Old 28-Apr-18, 22:15
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimepancake [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Im planning on my first time session after being a lifelong observer, wanted to reach out to this great forum for some advice !

1. I don’t have a wrestling background. Im wondering if I’m going to be unsure of what types of moves to do (I’m looking for semi-competitive, maybe half domination), and if I should try to take a class or two so I have some practical training. I’m relatively fit and do various forms of dance though, so I’m fairly body aware.

2. Anyone have experiences as it not going as great for first time ? Wrestling a couple of girls previously in the past and loved it, but definitely anxious for a first actual session.

3. Any particular advice picking first time session wrestler ? I think I have some good first picks though.

4. Any major ups and downs for hotel vs someone who has a studio ?

5. Any other general advice ?!

I’m 28, 5’10 and 160lbs if that gives insight.

Thanks !
I'd try to get reviews of those two women from someone here. They might be great, but both are fairly new. If money is a concern, I'd play it safe for your first session and go with someone well established. (Jennifer Thomas comes to mind, I think she's in LA). If money isn't a concern, then try whoever you want cause you never know. I've admired Roxanne's profile, but I've not heard from someone here about her sessions.

A studio is much better if you plan to do real wrestling, but I've had some very good sessions in hotel rooms. We can still do holds in a hotel room, just the wresting is less active. Bed wresting is a small space, but I've enjoyed it all the same.

The mistakes I made in my first session or two was that I overestimated the lady's ability, so I assumed I could give them a full strength body scissor - and the ladys generally didn't appreciate that and told me to ease up (I look back at that and cringe). And, I didn't ask for what I want, which was to simply be put in a hold and let them have their way with me. I figured that out by the 3rd session that I could ask for various things. My first 2 sessions were straight wrestling, which was fine, but I mention that just in case.

You might assume that session wrestlers are much better than the lady's you've wrestled, and some of them are, but some might be about the same.
Old 29-Apr-18, 00:16
Points: 14,964, Level: 53 Points: 14,964, Level: 53 Points: 14,964, Level: 53
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,384 Times in 342 Posts

Roxanne has been reviewed [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. I'm meeting her next week, I'll write about our session.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grapluc For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-18, 01:26
Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50 Points: 13,581, Level: 50
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Just remember have FUN, don’t go nuts and get all competitive on the ladies. There are only a few session wrestlers that will hold up to that type of action. Start off slow get a feel for how things are going and adjust from there. Wrestling in a Studio with mats is the way to go.
Old 03-May-18, 02:38
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser_Jaker [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Yeah, taking classes is overkill I'd say. I mean, it depends on what you want. I like being dominated but also struggling. I have learned some moves in a few BJJ workshps; I can do a rear naked choke pretty well and understand the basics of a triangle, understand mount, guard, side control, etc. But if you want something more sensual or want to be dominated, no need to take a class. Even if you "take classes," many of these women will still wipe the floor with you. Certainly the Veve Lanes and Lia Labowes of the world will if you're a novice.

I only somewhat agree about the mats issue. I've done like ten sessions, almost all in hotels and never had issues doing the wrestling mostly on jigsaw mats or on the bed. But it also depends how hard you go and how good both of you are.

I've never had issues with noise in a hotel, but if the room is too small or you're really in an excruciating submission hold, I could see it being problematic. It's all a matter of what you want and the context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'd try to get reviews of those two women from someone here. They might be great, but both are fairly new. If money is a concern, I'd play it safe for your first session and go with someone well established. (Jennifer Thomas comes to mind, I think she's in LA). If money isn't a concern, then try whoever you want cause you never know. I've admired Roxanne's profile, but I've not heard from someone here about her sessions.

A studio is much better if you plan to do real wrestling, but I've had some very good sessions in hotel rooms. We can still do holds in a hotel room, just the wresting is less active. Bed wresting is a small space, but I've enjoyed it all the same.

The mistakes I made in my first session or two was that I overestimated the lady's ability, so I assumed I could give them a full strength body scissor - and the ladys generally didn't appreciate that and told me to ease up (I look back at that and cringe). And, I didn't ask for what I want, which was to simply be put in a hold and let them have their way with me. I figured that out by the 3rd session that I could ask for various things. My first 2 sessions were straight wrestling, which was fine, but I mention that just in case.

You might assume that session wrestlers are much better than the lady's you've wrestled, and some of them are, but some might be about the same.
Never heard of those ladies, or barely. It's safer to go with someone better known for a first session. Your experience with one of them could be fine, but it would be a crapshoot. My first two sessions were Gia Primo and Robin, and they were phenomenal. The beauty was that I'd been watching their videos for years and read many reviews, so I knew what to expect. So they didn't disappoint.

Tags
private match, session