Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 11-Jul-23, 00:32
Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30 Points: 5,185, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Before Colo(u)r Film

In the Days of Olde it was expensive to print colour images. So when I went away to take photos, I always used 2 camera bodies, one filled with colour film (mostly slides) and one loaded with B&W film. Mostly we used Tri-X for B&W, but I always brought along some Panatomic X ultra-fine-grain film. ASA 25, I think it was.

Consequently I have a few thousand B&W photos that I developed and printed myself.

For example, Terri Poch, who wrestled for Vince M as Terri Power before she tried bodybuilding.

And a very early photo of Sharon Bloudoff (as she identified herself then) wearing a hot pink dress.

One of Debbie McKnight after she won the USA's (I think).

One of Nikki Fuller taken at Noel Fuller's gym in Portland. I suppose that it's no longer a secret that she was/is Gay and the marriage to Noel was just a sham. He was probably Gay too.

Scanned at 16-bit depth in TIFF, but downconverted to JPEGs (8-bit).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Terri Poch001 Small.jpg (634.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Sharon Bloudoff001 Small.jpg (812.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Debbie McKnight 001 Small.jpg (669.4 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Nikki Fuller001 Small.jpg (674.5 KB, 101 views)
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Jul-23, 02:07
Points: 18,217, Level: 58 Points: 18,217, Level: 58 Points: 18,217, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Before Colo(u)r Film

That’s so cool, would love to see more
Old 11-Jul-23, 02:12
Points: 8,720, Level: 40 Points: 8,720, Level: 40 Points: 8,720, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

We Can Do It Re: Before Colo(u)r Film

Black and white photos are awesome! Something about it really brings out the muscle definition with the models.
The Following User Says Thank You to elroy62 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Jul-23, 04:33
Last Achievements

I was staying at Steve Wennerstrom's abode in California when he said that there was a small local show on Saturday. So we went to it.
And met Heather Tristany. Although she was married to a manic psychiatrist (who later died of a heart attack), she otherwise seemed no different from any other competitor in her demeanour. Of course later she became an online Dominatrix.

While at a show where Juliet Bergman made her NA debut, I noticed the parallel lines of two other competitors' legs with Juliet's V-shape and snapped the photo. (Beefy legs are of Sue Ann McKean.)

Another gimmicky shot was of Joanne McCartney displaying her legs next to a statue also displaying some (relatively skinny) legs.

I find using the desktop scanner convenient and have picked out a hundred or so similar B&W images. The tough task with be to connect my old Nikon 9000ED medium format slide scanner to my new Windows 11 PC. It connects via Firewire and I added a Firewire card to the MOBO. Next look for a scanner driver. The bulk of my personal photos were taken using Kodachrome. Also have some medium-format slides taken with a still-owned Fuji GA645 (I think). The Epson is supposed to be able to scan slides too. Also there is an attachment for a digital camera which will allow images of slides to be taken. My current digital body is 61 MP and that seems like a good size for a pseudo slide scan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heather Tristany 001 Small.jpg (574.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Heather Tristany 002 Small.jpg (715.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg V Shape Juliet Bergman Small.jpg (783.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Joanne McCartney001 Leg Comparison Small.jpg (777.8 KB, 76 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jul-23, 23:44
Last Achievements

A real ancient in this batch. Paula Dosne was a startlingly beautiful FBB in the early days. Later she did some sort of sessions. My admittedly faint recollection is that she died of AIDS.

Another looker was Carla Temple. She went on to be a Mother of at least 2. She was still a Personal Trainer when I last encountered her.

I was surprised when I first met Giselle Haddad. Startled because she was just 17. I have some Hi8 video of her posing in a pool.

Sometime wrestler Jennifer Lennon had impressive thickness in her upper body. Very strong looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paula (Raven) Dosne001 Small.jpg (417.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Carla Temple and Offspring001 Small.jpg (763.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Giselle Haddad001 Small.jpg (781.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Jennifer Lennon001 Small.jpg (452.1 KB, 46 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Jul-23, 18:24
Points: 5,576, Level: 31 Points: 5,576, Level: 31 Points: 5,576, Level: 31
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

the old early WPC mags were all black and white.
Those are great old photos you posted.
Going back in time, the first vendor I encountered was Bernard Koebel- from Tampa.
I saw his ad in a National Enquirer- for women wrestlers, acrobats and weightlifters- back when I didn't even realize pictures of these women were available.
Old 19-Jul-23, 04:31
Last Achievements

These are all my photos, taken before sessions became the norm. The first session guy was Richard McBratney, who was very shy and loitered around the scene. A couple of times Jentz et al chased him away from paid shoots and then he began to offer the women money (Sharon B said he offered her $100 for the opportunity to take photos of her). He used a medium-format camera and when he died, he left all his photos to Steve Wennerstrom, but Steve didn't bother to pick them up (in New Mexico) and I assume that they are gone.

Here are some more B&Ws. I scanned them at 16-bit depth and saved the "non small" images as TIFFs. So far I've IDed the subjects via memory, but for some I would have to do some cabinet-file research and so far haven't bothered. So the first image is of a redhead with nice legs. Taken by a tomb in New Orleans (where they are mostly above ground for obvious reasons).

Sharon Bruneau told me that she was part indigenous, as they are called now. You can see it in these images.

One from the very first shoot that Shelley Beattie did. I spotted her at a small local contest in Portland and photographed her the next day at a local gym.

Hannie van Aken was a nice surprise at a big show. She came with Juliet and her house mate who was a BB magazine editor in Holland. Oddly (to me) this editor lived with Juliet and her sister Liona? (who also competed), but was married to the sister, not Juliet. An interesting menage a trois.

A head shot of Deanna Panting where she shows her age (18).

Finally a shot of a lost FBB. I saw her at a show, but couldn't find her afterwards for a serious photoshoot. I recall that she was 5' 10" tall and to my eye had a very nice structure. I recall that she was from Texas. In the background stands Elaine Craig.

These are all my photos, taken before sessions became the norm. The first session guy was Richard McBratney, who was very shy and loitered around the scene. A couple of times Jentz et al chased him away from paid shoots and then he began to offer the women money (Sharon B said he offered her $100 for the opportunity to take photos of her). He used a medium-format camera and when he died, he left all his photos to Steve Wennerstrom, but Steve didn't bother to pick them up (in New Mexico) and I assume that they are gone.

Here are some more B&Ws. I scanned them at 16-bit depth and saved the "non small" images as TIFFs. So far I've IDed the subjects via memory, but for some I would have to do some cabinet-file research and so far haven't bothered. So the first image is of a redhead with nice legs. Taken by a tomb in New Orleans (where they are mostly above ground for obvious reasons).

Sharon Bruneau told me that she was part indigenous, as they are called now. You can see it in these images.

One from the very first shoot that Shelley Beattie did. I spotted her at a small local contest in Portland and photographed her the next day at a local gym.

Hannie van Aken was a nice surprise at a big show. She came with Juliet and her house mate who was a BB magazine editor in Holland. Oddly (to me) this editor lived with Juliet and her sister Liona? (who also competed), but was married to the sister, not Juliet. An interesting menage a trois.

A head shot of Deanna Panting where she shows her age (18).

Finally a shot of a lost FBB. I saw her at a show, but couldn't find her afterwards for a serious photoshoot. I recall that she was 5' 10" tall and to my eye had a very nice structure. I recall that she was from Texas. In the background stands Elaine Craig.

Forgot to upload the photos....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forget001 Small.jpg (707.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Sharon Bruneau002 Small.jpg (952.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Sharon Bruneau001 Small.jpg (436.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Shelley Beattie 100 Small.jpg (357.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Hannie Van Aaken001 Small.jpg (369.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Juliet Bergman002 Small.jpg (381.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Juliet Bergman001 Small.jpg (604.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Teenage Deanna Panting001 Small.jpg (525.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Unknown 1001 Small.jpg (707.3 KB, 57 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jul-23, 15:13
Points: 5,576, Level: 31 Points: 5,576, Level: 31 Points: 5,576, Level: 31
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

I always liked the occasional photos of Deanna Panting- some lifting. What happened to those "pioneers". Those who survived are all old now- just like us.
And how is Steve W. doing? Hopefully he made and saved enough $.
Old 21-Jul-23, 18:43
Points: 55,970, Level: 100 Points: 55,970, Level: 100 Points: 55,970, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,431 Times in 1,284 Posts

Big fan of Deanna's back in the day. We were both located in the same city so there would be sometimes news articles about her. If she had offered private sessions, I'd be first in line.
Old 22-Jul-23, 19:01
Last Achievements

Steve and I attended an early North American Championships show where teenager Deanna Panting was competing. We wandered around the town seeking locations for taking photos when I asked her if she had brought a dress and heels. She hadn't. Steve looked dubious about my request, but ultimately said that Jentz's business charge card would pay for the clothing. A nice pink dress was the result. (Colour slides at a later date.)

There weren't many Asian competitors in the old days and I cannot remember this girl's name. I'd have to rummage in filing cabinets where I keep various entry lists and scoring sheets.

And I'm sure I spelled Valorie's name wrong. A solid competitor in those days.

Here's what Bill Wick looked like in those days. Very serious, but likely wondering how he could justify grabbing those thighs. One of his lines in those days was "Those aren't calves. Those are Yearlings!"

Charla Sedacca was a favourite of Bill Jentz's. Put on a cover I faintly recall. He loved those rear biceps photos. She had a sister who was in the same show, but in a different weight class - and a winner.

While attending a show in Toronto I noticed a beefy muscular girl in the audience. I approached her and we agreed to have photos taken the next day at the gym where she trained (a wrestling gym). Christine Dutkowski was her name and she was very strong. She overdid it a bit when making claims of her strength. She need not have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deanna Panting005 Small.jpg (635.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Forgot002 Small.jpg (387.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Valerie Basialone001 Small.jpg (640.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Bill Wick et legs001 Small.jpg (642.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Charla Sedacca001 Small.jpg (656.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Christine Dutkowski001 Small.jpg (926.7 KB, 54 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Polyglot For This Useful Post: