Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will be winner?
Ronda Rousey 158 61.72%
Jean Claude Van Damme 98 38.28%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-Sep-15, 03:08
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooserious [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
goes well with her roid face and roid body. This is what she looked like before roids. Sad. [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Pretty sure this picture was taken AFTER she tested positive.
Old 18-Sep-15, 10:51
Points: 3,537, Level: 24 Points: 3,537, Level: 24 Points: 3,537, Level: 24
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0415 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Pretty sure this picture was taken AFTER she tested positive.
It is supposed to be from 2006
Old 18-Sep-15, 15:41
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Ronda Rousey: 'I'm the greatest fighter in the world'
Damon Martin
FOX Sports
Sep 18, 2015 at 3:37a ET

Ronda Rousey has the confidence to declare that she's the best fighter in the world.

Ronda Rousey is already the biggest superstar in promotional history according to UFC president Dana White and she revealed this week that she's also the highest paid athlete on the entire roster. Now, the former Olympian is finally ready to declare that she's also the best fighter on the planet.

The bantamweight champion didn't mince words as she pulled out her best Muhammad Ali while proclaiming that she is the best of the best in the sport of MMA.

"What makes me so confident that I can win is that I'm the greatest fighter in the world," Rousey said at the UFC 193 pre-fight press conference. "I truly believe it."

It's hard to argue with Rousey when looking at her ridiculous statistics after only 12 fights in her career. Rousey holds 11 first-round victories with nine of those wins coming in less than one minute.

She's dispatched every contender the UFC and Strikeforce could throw at her and Rousey is four fights away from tying Anderson Silva's all-time record for 10 consecutive title defenses in a row.

Even Rousey's opponent on Nov. 14 couldn't really argue with the notion that the reigning bantamweight champion is as good as advertised.

"To this day, she's made that true," Holly Holm said. "Things can change and that's my plan. She's the most dominant female athlete and when you're on that stage she's been able to prove she can really make that happen and it's not a lucky fight, it's not a lucky punch, she's done it time and time again.

•Celebrities support Ronda Rousey in huge numbers for UFC 190
•Joe Rogan nearly brought to tears by Ronda Rousey's performance
•Ronda Rousey: Miesha Tate remains 'one of my greatest challenges'
•Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua accepts challenge from Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson
•Gadelha officially next in line to face champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk
•Ronda Rousey starring in film adaptation of her autobiography

"She's very skilled and she's very good. In order to be in that position in order to get there, you have to have confidence in yourself so I expect her to say every bit of that and I respect her for feeling confident."

Rousey's emphatic statement about her current standing in the sport comes with merit, but she's also ready to back that up again when she meets Holm at UFC 193.

While the lion's share of attention will land squarely on Rousey's shoulders leading up to the fight, she's got her eyes laser focused on the former boxing champion and plans to add the first defeat to her professional MMA record come November.

"What makes Holly such an intriguing challenger for me is I've been watching her since the day she started MMA. I've known that our paths are going to cross at some point. I know that if there's a 19-time boxing world champion coming into my sport, I have my eye on her," Rousey said.

"Since day one I've been watching her, she's been undefeated to this point. She's been really impressive to how she's adapted to MMA and gone from just pure boxing to head kick knockouts and seeing how she's come into the UFC, I know she's the type of a fighter I want to test myself against.

"I want to show the world why I am the best. I still have more to prove and Holly's one more person I want to prove myself against."
Old 18-Sep-15, 15:45
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Miesha Tate hints Ronda Rousey was ducking Cyborg by dropping to 135 lbs
By Lewis Mckeever  @Mckeever89 on Sep 18, 2015, 7:00a 36

'Cupcake' suggests that after an early career at 145 lbs., Ronda Rousey dropped to the bantamweight division when talks with Cyborg became serious.

It seems as though Miesha Tate and Cristiane 'Cyborg' Justino may have formed a friendship when filming upcoming MMA film, "Fight Valley." The two WMMA stars joined forces in an interview last month, claiming that they should have been the ones in line as Ronda Rousey's opponent for UFC 193.

'Rowdy' will instead defend her bantamweight title against former boxing champion Holly Holm in November, but long before the Judo ace reigned supreme at 135 lbs., Rousey started out as a featherweight, and even competed at 154 lbs. in the Olympics.

In an interview with Kenny Florian and Michael Bisping on UFC Tonight, Miesha Tate hinted that Rousey's drop to 135 lbs. was because of Cyborg's dominance in the featherweight division.

"From her whole career it was just 145 and 145 only at the beginning," said Tate. "It seemed like when the talks with ‘Cyborg' became serious, it was like, ‘No, I'm dropping to 135.'"

Tate continued, "Granted, she is the champion, but so is ‘Cyborg.' They're both dominant champions, one weight class apart. To me it makes sense to meet in the middle."

Ronda Rousey will collide with Holly Holm at UFC 193 on November 15th at the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia. Her Brazilian nemesis Justino scored another first round TKO against Faith Van Duin at Invicta FC 13 in July, but is yet to make her bantamweight debut.

Old 18-Sep-15, 15:59
stymie
This message has been deleted by stymie. Reason: youtube video would not embed for some reason
Old 19-Sep-15, 05:17
Last Achievements

EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey Flips Over Beyonce Using Her 'Do Nothing Bitch'

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 24-Sep-15, 23:12
Last Achievements

Ronda Rousey Explains Why She Is The Highest Paid Fighter In The UFC
By Matt Boone on September 22, 2015

Ronda Rousey recently publicly declared that she is the highest paid fighter in the UFC today, and according to the UFC women’s bantamweight champion, there is a very good reason for that.

Rousey spoke at a recent UFC 193 press conference to promote her upcoming fight in November against Holly Holm and elaborated on the fact that she’s the highest paid athlete in the sport today.

“I think how much you get paid should have something to do with how much you bring in,” said Rousey when talking about the subject. “I’m the highest paid fighter not because Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta wanted to do something nice for the ladies. They do it because I bring in the highest numbers. They do it because I make them the most money. I think the money that they make should be proportionate to the money that they bring in.”

No stranger to big paydays, Rousey can likely expect an enormous check, possibly her biggest to date depending on pay-per-view numbers, when she fights Holm in the main event UFC 193, which will emanate from Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia on November 15, 2015, a building that could sit approximately 70,000+ fans, which would easily become the new record-setting attendance for a UFC event.
Old 24-Sep-15, 23:46
Last Achievements

Common ground: Miesha Tate agrees Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather in fight
By Matt Erickson August 14, 2015 8:00 am

Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate have one of the most talked-about feuds in MMA history. As such, they don’t seem to agree on much.

But one thing they seem to have in common surrounds boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr.

During a Reddit fan Q&A session earlier this week, Rousey, the UFC’s women’s bantamweight champion and arguably the world’s most popular fighter right now, said she could beat Mayweather – not in a boxing match, but in a no-rules fight.

“Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time,” Rousey answered in the Q&A. “He would definitely beat me in a boxing match. I unfortunately don’t get into ‘matches.’ I fight for a living.

“In a no-rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet. Boxing is a sweet science with strict rules that I respect very much and aspire every day to improve at. But you said ruleless fight, and that’s my honest answer.”

Tate, who has been in the cage with Rousey twice, and twice lost via the champ’s famous armbar, agrees with her nemesis.

“I agree with her,” Tate said during a Wednesday Q&A with fans for the Seattle Times. “Floyd is a great, great boxer, but boxers meet in the center and agree to box. When you take that away and someone rushes in and the ref doesn’t break up the clinch for you and you don’t know how to wrestle or stop a throw, I’m sorry – he’s going down, and from there she would armbar the hell out of him.”

Those are pretty strong words of endorsement in Rousey’s favor from Tate, who has no love lost for the champ. Rousey submitted her in Strikeforce in 2012 to take Tate’s bantamweight title. They met again in late 2013 in the UFC after coaching opposite each other – and creating plenty of verbal fireworks – on Season 18 of “The Ultimate Fighter.”

Tate (17-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) is coming off a decision win over Jessica Eye in the UFC on FOX 16 co-main event in July in Chicago. That win was her fourth straight since a loss to Rousey in their second fight, and at the time UFC President Dana White said the win earned Tate a third fight with Rousey (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

Tate’s win came just a week before Rousey finished Bethe Correia in the UFC 190 main event in Brazil in 34 seconds. The knockout was her third straight win in less than a minute – bringing her total time in the octagon in those fights to 64 seconds after a 16-second knockout win over Alexis Davis and a 14-second submission win over Cat Zingano. After Rousey’s win over Correia, she added a little chapter to her quickly growing lore when she turned to the downed Brazilian to say, “Don’t cry,” repeating what Correia yelled at her at the weigh-ins.

Rousey and Mayweather have had an interesting back-and-forth history in the media with each taking jabs at each other.

A little more than a year ago, Mayweather was asked about Rousey and responded, “I don’t even know who he is.” Mayweather apologized – sort of – three days later.

In May, Rousey beat out Mayweather and a host of others when Business Insider named her the world’s most dominant athlete. She went on to win two awards at the ESPYs – one for Best Female Athlete, and most significantly, for Best Fighter, topping Mayweather in the category.

After that, Rousey took a big shot at Mayweather and his past when she said: “I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once. I’d like to see you pretend to not know who I am now.” (In 2012, Mayweather was given an 87-day jail term in Clark County, Nev., for domestic abuse.)

Mayweather is 48-0 as a boxer and is coming off a decision win over Manny Pacquiao in their highly anticipated mega-fight in May. He retained his WBA, WBC and Ring welterweight titles and won Pacquiao’s WBO belt. He next is scheduled to fight Andre Berto in September in Las Vegas.

Rousey’s next fight may well be against Tate, as White previous said, though no date has been booked. The biggest talk about her next opponent has been the hope she’ll fight Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino – though the Invicta FC featherweight champ first needs to prove she can make bantamweight before the UFC books the two for a fight.
Old 25-Sep-15, 15:58
Last Achievements

Fortune ‏@FortuneMagazine
Here's why @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] truly earned a spot on our 40 Under 40 this year

Why is Ronda Rousey on our 40 Under 40?
by Daniel Roberts
September 24, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT

For achievements and influence inside and outside the ring.

Our annual 40 Under 40 list is about power, influence, drive, ambition—not fame.

But over the seven years we’ve run the list, inevitably, some familiar faces have made it on. We don’t include celebrities just for the sake of their celebrity, but famous folks like Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Seth MacFarlane, Will.i.am, and Ryan Seacrest truly earned their spots. (For an influential fashion line; for building an animated sitcom into a comedy empire; for consulting with blue-chip tech companies as a futurist; and for bringing reality television mainstream, respectively.) This year, Jessica Alba and Taylor Swift are on the list. One founded a consumer company valued at more than $1 billion and the other singlehandedly took on Spotify and Apple Music.

We’ve also had two athletes make the cut, years ago: Tiger Woods and LeBron James, who both grabbed a spot thanks to their branding capabilities. These sports stars made themselves into global icons, going beyond typical athlete endorsement deals to find interesting opportunities like golf course design and European soccer team ownership.

UFC fighter Ronda Rousey, No. 40 on this year’s list, is both athlete and celebrity. So, why does Rousey belong on this business list?

For starters, she is thought to be the most dominant female athlete ever. She is undefeated in the ring, and this year won her two bouts in a combined 48 seconds. Her utter dominance has been a boon to the sport, which has seen popularity rise. The Washington Post predicts her next fight, against Holly Holm in Australia in November, could be bigger than Floyd Mayweather’s fight earlier this month against Andre Berto. The easy time she’s had with all of her opponents has also led to questions of whether she ought to fight men, and Rousey cleverly replied that she believes most people don’t want to see a man hitting a woman on television. She is unquestionably bringing more eyeballs and dollars to UFC. A recent ESPNW reader poll named her, perhaps surprisingly, the Best Female Athlete Ever; she beat Serena Williams.

But her sports achievements alone wouldn’t necessarily land her on our list of influential young people in business.

Then there is her ascendance to ubiquitous fame. After grabbing a small role in The Expendables 3 last year, she was in both Furious 7 and the Entourage movie this year. Her next big role: the lead in a remake of Roadhouse—not the female lead, but the lead role, the part originally played by Patrick Swayze. She pals around with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. In December she will attend the U.S. Marine Corp Ball with a gutsy Marine who asked her to be his date in a video that quickly went viral. She appeared in this year’s Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, three years after she caused a sensation when she appeared nude in ESPN The Magazine‘s Body Issue.

But the most notable and significant thing about Rousey in 2015 has been the influence that her words have had, far beyond sports. She is inspiring not only women in sports, and not only women, but people everywhere. When she speaks, we listen.

She criticized Floyd Mayweather for his history of domestic abuse. When fellow UFC fighter Nick Diaz was suspended for marijuana use, she got very vocal in his defense, and in her opposition to marijuana testing for athletes. Even Floyd Mayweather, with whom she has exchanged strong barbs, agreed with her.

A mini-rant she made in a casual, 42-second video clip, has been viewed 3.1 million times on YouTube. Beyoncé played the speech onstage at the Made In America music festival before walking onstage for her set. The controversial catchphrase, about not being a “do-nothing bitch,” caught on so quickly that Rousey wisely trademarked the term and the acronym, DNB, foreseeing the merchandise that would soon come. Then she went ahead and sold the merchandise—t-shirts saying “Don’t be a D.N.B.”—and sold more than 50,000 of them in a matter of days, She gave all the proceeds to Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services, which last year honored her with its Erasing The Stigma Award. This year she put out a memoir in which she speaks frankly about her struggles with substance abuse as a teen. Health Magazine called her, “exactly the type of role model we need.”

She told Fortune why body image is such an important cause to ger: “When I was growing up, body image issues were something really serious that I dealt with, that I thought I was alone in, and I know now that’s really not the case. It’s a cause I think gets ignored way too much because body issues leads to eating disorders and depression and suicide and many things, and I think that’s how it starts, and I’d like to do whatever I can to address it early.”

She’s addressing it already, and she’s addressing other issues, too, and she’ll continue to speak out strongly on whatever she feels like. And people will pay attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Sep-15, 21:20
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

New!
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Sep-15, 21:24
Points: 1,126, Level: 13 Points: 1,126, Level: 13 Points: 1,126, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
New!

LOL at the reporter not knowing Ronda tapped.