Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Sep-12, 10:21
Banned
Points: 16,591, Level: 56 Points: 16,591, Level: 56 Points: 16,591, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: She can beat Rhonda Rousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassa [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Kayla Harrison, heavyweight, olympic gold medalist. All she has to do is train mma for a year and she will defeat Rhonda. Not only is she bigger but also better judoka.
Heavyweight woman vs 135lbs woman. Yeah, that's fair.
The Following User Says Thank You to DR3DD For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Sep-12, 12:14
sleepinbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassa [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Remember when Brock Lesnar entered MMA, everyone said he had no chance and he had no chin. He destroyed Frank Mir and Heath Herring who were both seasoned mma fighters.
Harrison is a big strong judoka and that's a hell of alot more than Kaufman and Tate can say.
yes, and i also remember how quickly the whole "not-able-to-take-a-punch-to-the-face" thing caught up with lesnar once he started facing opponents with power in their hands. again, phenomenal athlete but psychologically there was something missing and you can *never* tell how someone will act in an mma match until they get in there and start fighting.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Sep-12, 14:19
Points: 126,439, Level: 100 Points: 126,439, Level: 100 Points: 126,439, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 10,104 Times in 886 Posts

I hope you guys arent talking about Lesnar losing to Overeem. Lesnar at that point had lost weight, strength and had been out of the game for a year thru surgery for diverticulitis. Any human would have lost after that.
Old 09-Sep-12, 20:32
sleepinbin

Quote:
I hope you guys arent talking about Lesnar losing to Overeem. Lesnar at that point had lost weight, strength and had been out of the game for a year thru surgery for diverticulitis. Any human would have lost after that.
velasquez, actually. and carwin, until carwin gassed out so badly he almost died. brock showed great heart and endurance in the carwin fight but my god did he not do well when someone started punching him in the noggin, hard. same deal agaisnt cain.

(as for "any human would have lost after that"... er... mike swick managed well enough...)

the point remains that you never know how good someone is gonna be at mma based on success in their base sport, because (a) its about how you transition those skills and (b) other factors come into play - how does a grappler react to being hit hard, how does a striker react to being taken down and ground down etc etc

also, whoever was questioning harrison's armbar, she won 2 bouts at the olympics by sub, which is impressive given how they limit mat time
Old 10-Sep-12, 18:38
Points: 7,670, Level: 37 Points: 7,670, Level: 37 Points: 7,670, Level: 37
Last Achievements

No. I don't think she can beat Ronda.

1. Kayla fights in a different weigth class. The weight differenece is pretty significant.

2. Aside from that, Ronda is known for her mental toughness... her (Ali-like?) attitude... Would Kayla have that same killer instinct and tougness in MMA? She still have to prove that. Until then, she is "just" another world-class judoka.

And by the way, she may have won the gold medal, but I happened to see one of her matches at the Olympics. She was truly dominated by a Hungarian judoka (she was leading with a wazaari I think, and had the upper hand altogether), until the latter suffered a freak knee injury.
I don't think Ronda would allow anyone to throw her around.
The Following User Says Thank You to mzxmzx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Sep-12, 00:41
Points: 24,585, Level: 68 Points: 24,585, Level: 68 Points: 24,585, Level: 68
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzxmzx [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And by the way, she may have won the gold medal, but I happened to see one of her matches at the Olympics. She was truly dominated by a Hungarian judoka (she was leading with a wazaari I think, and had the upper hand altogether), until the latter suffered a freak knee injury.
I don't think Ronda would allow anyone to throw her around.
ALT!!! SPAM ALERT!!!!

You were probably switching channel and didn't even keep 3 seconds on that fight man! It was actually the quarterfinal ed SHE WASN'T BEING DOMINATED AT ALL, AND THE HUNGARIAN DIDN'T HAVE THE UPPER HAND AT ALL!
Being down from a wazaari, which she was because of her own mistake, basically means you've lost the fight at that level cause you just have a few minutes to get an ippon, having your opponent able to ONLY defend from an ippon move....But Kayla just got up, and making it look easy, got the ippon after a few seconds she suffered the wazaari, ending the match right there...she switched gear and was just unstoppable for anyone...the hungarian girl's loss was not caused by this injury you're talking about (I didn't notice at all), but by Kayla's superiority!!! That's it, I'd like to be accurate on certain subject
That said, again I don't think you have watched Kayla's bouts carefully if you think she would lack determination and aggressivity in MMA...she has a winner attitude, she gives me the same feeling as Ronda when she fights...it looks like she can't lose, so I don't think she'd be inferior to Ronda in that department!
Btw, a dream fight at catchweight (lets say 150, it'll never happen i know) would be the fight of the century IMO.

Under 145 Ronda beats her easy IMO, 145lbs + would be very very interesting!

Last edited by lucad; 11-Sep-12 at 00:48.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Sep-12, 00:50
Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64 Points: 21,868, Level: 64
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,622 Times in 507 Posts

If Cyborg's still around in 2016, I'd live to see her and Kayla battle at 150 lbs
Old 11-Sep-12, 00:55
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If Cyborg's still around in 2016, I'd live to see her and Kayla battle at 150 lbs
Why 2016? You mean at the Olympics dude?
Old 11-Sep-12, 01:03
Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100
Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 38,593 Times in 3,882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucad [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You mean at the Olympics dude?
olympics? did someone say olympics!

rio here i cum
Old 11-Sep-12, 01:06
Last Achievements

Did you mean that Kayla has already confirmed that she is going to Rio in 2016 Stewie...??
That'd be very sad news, cause imo if she's ever going to switch to MMA, this is the right time. in 2016 it'd be too late...
As for Cyborg vs Harrison, that'd be a massacre in my opinion, Cyborg would face a girl stronger than her for the first time in her life, she'd have no chance even on doping...

Kayla squeezes the life out of Cyborg with her big biceps in a rear naked choke...first round

Tags
kayla