Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 29-Sep-14, 06:08
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts
Default Advice to producers

Producers, we all love victory poses, but they are much better when they appear to be natural, and not staged. (I know its all fake but it doesn't have to be so obvious)

For instance, if the girl wins and then you stop and then the next pic is at a different angle and the girl is doing a victory pose, its obvious.

What is hot, is when after the last tap (or any tap) the girl instinctively puts her foot on the guys body/face. Leave a minute for some taunting at the end. Let her stand on him, sit on him, slap him, get up and stand on him again.

Pretty simple stuff.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewYork For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Sep-14, 02:06
Points: 4,757, Level: 29 Points: 4,757, Level: 29 Points: 4,757, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Advice to producers

Here's my advice, stop making vids where it's obvious the guy is laying there doing nothing to resist. Don't have the sound of pictures being taken going off in the background. Don't talk during the vid, I don't want to hear you..STFU!!!!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fightingfemalefan For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Sep-14, 09:23
Points: 37,626, Level: 85 Points: 37,626, Level: 85 Points: 37,626, Level: 85
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,527 Times in 146 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] Youre right and youve chosen a very good example with the different angle after the video interrupted, I totally agree with you!!

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] I agree with most of your points, good you mentioned that!! I also hate it when I hear the camera man talking in the background and I can't stand the sound of pictures being taken neither. But referring to your first point, when the guys don't resist, it's probably non-competitive. If this style is chosen from the producer for a certain "fight", it's right that they don't fight back..
The Following User Says Thank You to rekcat For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Sep-14, 19:13
Producer
Points: 5,682, Level: 32 Points: 5,682, Level: 32 Points: 5,682, Level: 32
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Producers, we all love victory poses, but they are much better when they appear to be natural, and not staged. (I know its all fake but it doesn't have to be so obvious)

For instance, if the girl wins and then you stop and then the next pic is at a different angle and the girl is doing a victory pose, its obvious.

What is hot, is when after the last tap (or any tap) the girl instinctively puts her foot on the guys body/face. Leave a minute for some taunting at the end. Let her stand on him, sit on him, slap him, get up and stand on him again.

Pretty simple stuff.
Just to give you the producer's perspective, sometimes(much more than you think) you will get that next pic at a different angle,etc because someone(the producer or the model) forgot the victory pose. For example, you discuss or rehearse the scene, you shoot a great scene (scripted or unscripted) but the girl forgets the victory pose. You try to reshoot the scene but it isn't as good as the first take, then you add the victory pose.

About the pictures being taken during the shoot. Some customers hate vidcaps (video captures) because of the poor quality of the pictures. They want crisp, clear preview pictures of the match. As a producer, you can stop the action then take a picture. It is much more efficient to take pictures while the shoot is ongoing, although I understand that it is annoying to the viewer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jobberboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Oct-14, 06:30
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobberboy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just to give you the producer's perspective, sometimes(much more than you think) you will get that next pic at a different angle,etc because someone(the producer or the model) forgot the victory pose. For example, you discuss or rehearse the scene, you shoot a great scene (scripted or unscripted) but the girl forgets the victory pose. You try to reshoot the scene but it isn't as good as the first take, then you add the victory pose.

About the pictures being taken during the shoot. Some customers hate vidcaps (video captures) because of the poor quality of the pictures. They want crisp, clear preview pictures of the match. As a producer, you can stop the action then take a picture. It is much more efficient to take pictures while the shoot is ongoing, although I understand that it is annoying to the viewer.
I've done videos and totally understand. And I admit, I don't even like silent cues where you can tell the girl is nodding to the producer.

But I think the best way to make a video is just hit on a few small parts and make sure they are drilled in, like the victory pose.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewYork For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Oct-14, 13:46
Points: 12,368, Level: 48 Points: 12,368, Level: 48 Points: 12,368, Level: 48
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,747 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobberboy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Then turn the sound off on your camera. Its a setting on digital camera. The sound of the shutter is being reproduced.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddelurker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Oct-14, 18:03
Producer
Points: 5,682, Level: 32 Points: 5,682, Level: 32 Points: 5,682, Level: 32
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelurker [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Then turn the sound off on your camera. Its a setting on digital camera. The sound of the shutter is being reproduced.
Not necessarily. The cheaper cameras can be silenced, but in DSLR cameras the "clap-clap" sound is the mirror moving in response to pressing the shutter. It tells the photographer that the camera actually worked, and when you are shooting a bunch of pics you don't stop after each shot to look.
The Following User Says Thank You to jobberboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Oct-14, 02:44
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Great suggestions indeed. But like Jobber says, most victory poses are a separate scene, which is why they'll almost always appear contrived.

As for camera clicks, when I first began filming videos with JP Erickson for SheWrestles, our idea was to give our members the greatest number of high-quality photos we could. And being on the editing side, I confess that I never really watched our vids as a consumer then. Even when I was shooting solo in SoCal, I'd often put my SLR in the hands of one of the models and tell her to shoot the action. I kept up that same way of thinking once I started KillerCrushes and shot that way for a few years (before taking an extended break), so I apologize for taking so long to get my act together. I no longer have this going on during my shoots.

The old 2008-2009 footage is so hot, though, that I have to release those vids.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Oct-14, 06:18
Temporary group
Points: 7,335, Level: 36 Points: 7,335, Level: 36 Points: 7,335, Level: 36
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcat [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] Youre right and youve chosen a very good example with the different angle after the video interrupted, I totally agree with you!!

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] I agree with most of your points, good you mentioned that!! I also hate it when I hear the camera man talking in the background and I can't stand the sound of pictures being taken neither. But referring to your first point, when the guys don't resist, it's probably non-competitive. If this style is chosen from the producer for a certain "fight", it's right that they don't fight back..
in a non-competitive match the victim doesn't have to just sit there and take it, the resistance can be in the form of trying to get away instead of just laying there and moving from one hold to another, otherwise you can just use a fake dummy to do that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atclogin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-14, 20:41
Points: 5,434, Level: 31 Points: 5,434, Level: 31 Points: 5,434, Level: 31
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Flailing arms are a dead give away. The natural reaction would be to try to at least grip a womans legs when the are clamped around your head. Too many guys just beat the mat and flail there arms in circles. What the hell, where does this reaction come from?? Idiots they are!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sailorboy For This Useful Post: