Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will be winner?
Ronda Rousey 158 61.72%
Jean Claude Van Damme 98 38.28%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-Nov-15, 16:51
Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67 Points: 23,576, Level: 67
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,294 Times in 271 Posts
Default Re: Ronda Rousey: Official Discussion Thread

That is just my reading of the fight. She looked out of breath and completely out of ideas. That is why I wrote probably. And may be it was her ego which kept her trying to out box Holly. Her lack of trying for take downs was baffling, she just tried to chase Holmes engage in a brawl.
Old 15-Nov-15, 22:32
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjankis630 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wow. I haven't been following Ronda's career much but I think none of her fights went much past the first round correct? I am no expert but my two observations would be: 1-Ronda looked outclassed trying to throw punches and 2-she looked really tired out there.
I think Meisha made it to the 2nd round in one match, but it wasn't a close fight.
Old 15-Nov-15, 23:04
Banned
Points: 8,332, Level: 39 Points: 8,332, Level: 39 Points: 8,332, Level: 39
Last Achievements

IF YOU LIKE RONDA ROUSEY OR NOT ONE THING IS CERTAIN :
SHE MADE THE SPORT WHAT IT IS TODAY,as for the fight I don't know why Rhonda did not get Holly to the ground more and do what she is better at that's Judo.
Holly did a terrific job CONGRADULATIONS HOLLY HOLMS
Old 15-Nov-15, 23:40
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think Meisha made it to the 2nd round in one match, but it wasn't a close fight.
Actually Miesha made it to the third round but you are right that she was no threat to Ronda. Actually the biggest trouble Ronda has ever been to, prior to the Holm fight, was against Liz Carmouche
Old 16-Nov-15, 00:00
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
IF YOU LIKE RONDA ROUSEY OR NOT ONE THING IS CERTAIN :
SHE MADE THE SPORT WHAT IT IS TODAY,as for the fight I don't know why Rhonda did not get Holly to the ground more and do what she is better at that's Judo.
Holly did a terrific job CONGRADULATIONS HOLLY HOLMS
She didn't get Holly to the ground because Holm was too strong for her whenever they clinched. Rousey definitely tried several times as she was getting lit up like a Christmas tree on the feet. Quite honestly, I was shocked Holm could do this....also shocked when she easily got up the one time she was taken to the ground and Rousey was looking for the armbar. Also shocked when Holly pretty much ragdolled Ronda to the ground after getting rocked by a punch and initiating a clinch. Her grappling game was seriously underrated.
Old 16-Nov-15, 02:35
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Ronda Rousey's ex-manager: 'I created a monster,' is 'bittersweet' over loss
Josh Peter, USA TODAY Sports 6:10 p.m. EST November 15, 2015

She wasn't ready for Holly Holm.

Darin Harvey, former manager of Ronda Rousey, has credited something other than Holly Holm for Holm’s knockout victory over Rousey Saturday night.

Karma.

Harvey, who is suing Rousey over their disputed contract and worked for Rousey during her rise to stardom, Sunday morning posted a link on his Twitter account to the following post on his Instgram account:

“KARMA. No need for revenge. Just sit back & wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves & if you’re lucky, GOD will let you watch.’’

Later Sunday, Harvey elaborated on his feelings in an interview with USA TODAY Sports. He said said he watched the fight alone on pay-per-view at house in the Los Angeles area.

“It was kind of bittersweet,’’ he said. “Part of me was elated and part of me was saddened. The part of me that was saddened was that once I was identified with representing the top female fighter in the world.
“No longer do I have that title.’’

Harvey took on Rousey during the early stages of her mixed martial arts career and was around for much of her meteoric rise. She fired Harvey in 2013, after her eighth professional bout and about four years after they joined forces.

Now the two are in litigation, and Harvey said he stands to lose more than $1 million — in legal feels and money he spent on Rousey’s career before he saw a return on his investment.

“And she thought it would be OK that she didn’t owe me a dime,’’ Harvey said, adding that he did not sleep after Rousey’s defeat, the first of her UFC career. “Just so much emotion. She was like a daughter to me at the beginning. She would spend the night at my house before all of her fights.’’

Soon after he took over as her manager, Harvey said, he hired a full-time publicist and a world-class photographer to create press kits. Before long Rousey became a media sensation and landed favorable stories in Sports Illustrated, Time and a host of other national magazines.

“I created a monster,’’ Harvey said. “She believed she was as special as the press made her out to be.

“They give me absolutely no credit for the success of her career. She’s not a good person. You don’t forget where you came from.’’

Harvey said his relationship with Rousey ended after Harvey refused to accept “status quo’’ terms from the UFC when negotiating a contract for the fighter. That took place almost two years ago, but Harvey said the emotions were still raw during and after Rousey’s fight against Holm.

“In a sense it was poetic justice because she’s wronged so many people that were there for her at the beginning of her career,’’ he said. “To not be part of something I was instrumental in creating, has been very difficult.’’
Old 16-Nov-15, 05:37
Banned
Points: 8,332, Level: 39 Points: 8,332, Level: 39 Points: 8,332, Level: 39
Last Achievements

why did Rhonda fire her manager
Old 16-Nov-15, 06:53
Points: 5,176, Level: 30 Points: 5,176, Level: 30 Points: 5,176, Level: 30
Last Achievements

She lost because she is not as good as people made her out to be. She is a good fighter in a very weak division who fought a very good fighter. I am not saying it will happen but that may have been her last fight. Its going to be hard to come back from.

Last edited by thebrozac; 16-Nov-15 at 06:54. Reason: spelling
Old 16-Nov-15, 10:55
Points: 2,143, Level: 18 Points: 2,143, Level: 18 Points: 2,143, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrozac [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She lost because she is not as good as people made her out to be. She is a good fighter in a very weak division who fought a very good fighter. I am not saying it will happen but that may have been her last fight. Its going to be hard to come back from.
This is the reality.
Now people will say how she underrated Holy or was under prepared or how her ego got to her but Holy is a better fighter.

The entire Rousey hype with beating male professional martial artists, being the baddest woman on the planet etc was built upon crashing woman which have a second job at walmart and children.
Holy was the first real athlete she faced and she got exposed badly.

And no, McMann does not count. The level of women's wrestling at the time McMann was in her prime was ridiculously low and it was in 2004.
2008 she didn't even qualify for the Olympics and Ronda fought her 2014.
She didn not beat an Olympic level wrestler.
She beat a former Olympic level wrestler.

I wonder if this brings some guys here back to reality or if they just keep thinking about Ronda as the man-crushing killing machine and simply add that Holm is even more deadly
Old 16-Nov-15, 22:19
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

This is hard to watch
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post: