Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 12-Apr-14, 21:48
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Are girls getting stronger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCrakeV [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm a guy...

@stymie: I checked out their website, and they have plenty of jobbers, not just Bosco. Besides, he's just really short. He's not that skinny. Why do you hope he gets squashed, anyway?

As much as I'd like to work for GG, I don't see it happening. I need a real job that can pay the bills, not a fantasy job. If I'm likely, I might get a one-time thing with them, or a similar studio. I still have 2 years of college and plenty of career building to do. I'd never have the time.

But hey, it would be fun.
A former poster here, "youtubeguy" said he contacted them and they hired him to be in a video...you'd have to be willing to show your face though. Not a good idea if you plan to have a high profile career.
Old 12-Apr-14, 21:51
Banned
Points: 1,391, Level: 14 Points: 1,391, Level: 14 Points: 1,391, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I know and that is why they want you. They pick smaller guys like we been saying. And I don't think anyone said to do it as a career. But if I were that young and small, I definitely call just to see if they use you on occasion. Fulfill fantasies and get a small fee while doing it? Talk about a win/win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCrakeV [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm a guy...

@stymie: I checked out their website, and they have plenty of jobbers, not just Bosco. Besides he's just really short. He's not that skinny. Why do you hope he gets squashed, anyway?

As much as I'd like to work for GG, I don't see it happening. I need a real job that can pay the bills, not a fantasy job. If I'm likely, I might get a one-time thing with them, or a similar studio. I still have 2 years of college and plenty of career building to do. I'd never have the time.

But hey, it would be fun.
Old 12-Apr-14, 22:06
Points: 10,055, Level: 43 Points: 10,055, Level: 43 Points: 10,055, Level: 43
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A former poster here, "youtubeguy" said he contacted them and they hired him to be in a video...you'd have to be willing to show your face though. Not a good idea if you plan to have a high profile career.
Thanks for the input (and to Mixed Fighter as well). I'm sure if I did it, I wouldn't really be noticed. I doubt anyone I know watches these kinds of films. Besides, I have shaggy hair, and in a wrestling match, it won't stay out of my face...

However, I doubt there are studios looking for jobbers in Newfoundland. Not a big place. I can't really leave, either. I have to get a part-time job as soon as I graduate, and then I'll be going to college here. Perhaps it might happen after college, or during a break, if I have enough spare money to book a vacation somewhere.. convenient.

But hey, cheers to youtubeguy.
Old 13-Apr-14, 10:25
Points: 1,843, Level: 17 Points: 1,843, Level: 17 Points: 1,843, Level: 17
Last Achievements

Some girls grew up on farms. Some of them really are strong.
The Following User Says Thank You to charles543 For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Apr-14, 18:39
Banned
Points: 1,391, Level: 14 Points: 1,391, Level: 14 Points: 1,391, Level: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles543 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some girls grew up on farms. Some of them really are strong.
Being from the Midwest, I concur. Also a lot of German girls I know are just naturally built like brick shit houses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MixedFighter99 For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Apr-14, 00:11
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Strong is the New Pretty
April 18, 2014 By Team Athleta

by Kate T. Parker | I am a mom of little girls….which is alternately the most amazing and the hardest job in the world.

Society gives young girls and women a lot of ideas about what is acceptable for how they act, look and even feel.

I want to make sure my girls know that who they are is enough.

They don’t need to have their hair done, clothes matching, or even have clean fingernails to be loved and accepted.

That being a soccer player or bug collector is just as good as being a dancer or a princess.

Their father and I love them just as they are.

Loud, dirty, athletic, competitive…just as my parents loved me for being the um, exactly the same way. Growing up, I was a total tomboy. I refused dresses, pink, or anything remotely feminine. I was only interested in soccer and being exactly like my big brothers, and this was 100 percent encouraged by my parents. I was never made to feel like I needed to be more “girlie” to be loved or accepted. As a former collegiate soccer player, I was lucky enough to grow up with some amazingly strong females that all felt the same way.

As a mother and a photographer, I wanted to show this strength. I wanted to show it, the best way I knew how, through my photography.

Initially, this project started as a desire to record my daughters and the memories of their childhood, as well as practice with my camera and different lighting situations, environments, times of day, etc.

After about a year or so, it organically grew into something different. The images changed. I started to see patterns and recognize that the images where the girls were authentically captured were the strongest images. The images that showed the girls as they genuinely are were my favorites. After seeing this, I started to shoot with that in mind.

The project became about capturing my girls and their friends as they truly are and how that is OK. Not only OK, but worthy of celebration. There’s a lot of pressure for girls (and women) to look a certain way or act in a certain manner, and I wanted to let my daughters know that who they naturally are is enough.

The message that I’d like people to take away from my project is to encourage little girls to celebrate who they are — whoever they are! If your daughter is obsessed with pink, princesses, and ballet, amazing! Or if she is a soccer playing, tough-as-nails bookworm, great! Allow your girls to be who they are, whatever that is. Create an environment for them to feel secure and confident in their own selves. Let them know that whatever it is, whoever they are, that’s OK. And not only is it OK, it’s great.

I wanted to continue that feeling of “You are OK just as you are” with my girls. Being a mother of little girls only cemented my belief even more. Encouraging strength, confidence, kindness, as well as toughness was the path we decided upon when we started raising our girls. This feeling and sentiment bled over into my photography where oftentimes everything is beautiful or photoshopped to look perfect. I wanted to show the beauty, uniqueness, and strength of my girls (and their friends) in the imperfect. Messy hair, dirty faces, brave, angry, joyous, whatever is was… I wanted to capture it. All these emotions make up childhood.

I think that great things are happening with how women are seen these days. The Lean In movement has been a boon for professional women. Books turned movies like Divergent and The Hunger Games show younger women as heroes, but I’d love something for younger girls to have as their own. Maybe these images can spark that conversation.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Apr-14, 16:48
Points: 4,342, Level: 27 Points: 4,342, Level: 27 Points: 4,342, Level: 27
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0415 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You do know that that Olympic Weightlifting involves overhead lifting? The girl close to your weight lifted very close to the weight you are bragging about deadlifting over her head.
Overheadlifting is just as much about speed and flexibility more than anything else. One of my personal trainers was a powerlifter, and said weightlifters don't train anymore than 20% of their lifts on Squats and deadlifts, because the extra lifted is irrelevant to the lift.

The first part of the c&j is essentially a deadlift.
The second part is having the speed to get under it, then drive up, through hopefully a 3/4 front squat if you're fast enough.
The last part is; again, getting under the bar, and holding the weight up.

I doubt the deadlift would be that much greater than the c&J anyway.

If you C&J 100kg there's no point front squatting 150kg, the most he said they would do is 20%.

You also missed my point, in that I'd never done deadlifts, and got there in just 8 or so weeks. And you're also comparing me to the elite of the elite, who's been training specifically in one event, for god knows how long.

If you also compare the records of the asian and some of the middle eastern countries, their records are considerably higher than any other region. I wonder why that is?
Old 22-Apr-14, 14:40
Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42 Points: 9,635, Level: 42
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

On the one hand I really thank most jobbers, for without them I would never have seen mw in action. At the same time I think it would be too risky to get spotted by less tolerant people who don't allow freedom of sex!
Old 08-May-14, 09:59
Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100 Points: 77,348, Level: 100
Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3% Activity: 64.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,669 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Are girls getting stronger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupstar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Girls are outperforming boys in pretty much every field these days. Even physically now. More and more girls are taking up combat sports and finding that they can destroy male opponents - often with ease. Are girls getting stronger? or have they always been stronger than boys - but just discouraged by society from getting involved in sports? Should males be worried by this trend?

Pupstar
NO!!!
Girls are outperforming boys in smoking, drinking, hanging in bars, drug abuse. And it's all makes them only WEAKER. Smoking and drinking girls get also big THUMB DOWN by me. They also look UNfeminine, wearing jeans instead of skirts and dresses and flip-flops instead of formal shoes. What's about girl who can destroy male enemy - it was rare and it is rare since it requires hard training and total refusal of everything what modern emancipated girls like.
Good sample: I hold a stone in my hand. I release this stone. Will the stone fall down or fly away into space? It will fall down. Same is with "emancipation" - women began to smoke, drink, drug abuse. It's MAIN result of emancipation.
Old 08-May-14, 12:21
Points: 451,397, Level: 100 Points: 451,397, Level: 100 Points: 451,397, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,433 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
NO!!!
Girls are outperforming boys in smoking, drinking, hanging in bars, drug abuse. And it's all makes them only WEAKER. Smoking and drinking girls get also big THUMB DOWN by me. They also look UNfeminine, wearing jeans instead of skirts and dresses and flip-flops instead of formal shoes. cipation.
In my country, smoking is the only if these things where girls lead. In drinking, hanging in bars, drug abuse, computer-gaming, tv-watching and so on, boys is clearly "outpreforming" girls. And its making them weaker.

And wearing girly jeans is very feminine.
And flip-flops on girls? Only seen it on beaches or baths.

But here is a clear trend that most young woman trains at gym. It wasnt so common at all just ten years ago. And 20 y ago it was really uncommon. And new gym trends, like crossfit and bodypump is very popular among girls, ten years ago girls did most cardio and aerobics, so gils is building alot more strengh now compared to then.

Of course all these things is making girls stronger .
The Following User Says Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:

Tags
female, female supremacy, girls, indian, strength, strong, superior