Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 24-Jul-22, 11:56
Points: 851, Level: 11 Points: 851, Level: 11 Points: 851, Level: 11
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Default Re: Valentina Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Futuristics [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
.. They'd have had to give Valentina rounds she spent entirely on her back.
My thoughts exactly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karl-Heinz For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Jul-22, 14:14
Females are superior

No way Shevchenko won that. Part of me thinks Shevchenko was favored by the organization because she's more attractive and therefore more marketable.
Old 24-Jul-22, 18:19
Banned
Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40 Points: 8,782, Level: 40
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,529 Times in 659 Posts

She's got more press (she's done Joe Rogan) and draw power .. But I'd give it to Santos on looks – esp. her body .. Valentina doesn't want an immediate rematch, but I think if the UFC don't give Santos the rematch, it looks very shady

Old 31-Jul-22, 14:02
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,751 Times in 1,917 Posts

I'd like to see an immediate rematch and I think Valentina can win quite comfortably, correcting the mistakes she made in this fight.

She made some tactical errors going for throws and allowing Santos to get the better of scrambles, but corrected herself during the match to win the last 2 rounds. I think everyone gave Valentina rounds 4 & 5.

She has fallen too much into thinking she can out grapple girls, get them into a crucifix position and force the stoppage. That's what she did to Chookagain and Andrade. She wants to show that she's a "complete martial artist" ... Not just a Muay Thai girl.

But that is her bread and butter. She's one of the best strikers in the world and she shouldn't be trying to grapple.

I still don't think it was a good enough performance from Santos to take the belt. Backpacking someone and stalling the fight would get you yellow-carded in PrideFC.

Valentina was landing some good, heavy punches on Santos towards the end of round 1. The ref also stood them up at least once.

If they fight again, I see Valentina putting on a Kickboxing clinic.

The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post: