Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Jun-19, 18:06
Points: 331, Level: 6 Points: 331, Level: 6 Points: 331, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mystery man Modified headscissors to reduce risk?

This is my first post, I tried a search for this topic and read a lot of threads but didn't find anything to answer my questions specifically. A bit of background: I am very new to this, I stumbled onto some videos on youtube of women beating men in bjj matches with triangle chokes. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I taught my girlfriend how to execute the basic triangle from guard. She is a ballet dancer, and with her sense of body awareness was able to lock an extremely tight triangle, even without applying any pressure. From there she gave me about 3 short squeezes, no more than two seconds a piece and using very little strength. It was enough to make me feel a bit weird for about an hour afterward. I had a little anxiety and a lot of new found excitement that night which probably contributed to how I was feeling.

We discussed that this is something I feel like I'm into, and though she is not keen on knocking me out she did say that she is not giving me a hard no to choking. I've done a lot of research and decided that I don't want to be knocked out because of the potential risks involved. I also honestly don't think I can handle her triangle as it was just so tight, and her legs are solid muscle. So what I'm wondering is if there is a way to have her put me in headscissor holds that will reduce the risk of me passing out or sustaining other injuries that can happen with tight holds. Ideally I would like to be held tight between her thighs with some uncomfortable pressure, but something I could handle for several minutes at a time without fading from lack of oxygen. I would be ok with some very short gentle squeezes throughout the session just to let me feel a little power. Does anyone have any experience with doing sessions like this that can chime in with tips or advice? What are some of your sessions like and how do they make you feel physically afterward? Am I underestimating the power of even a light scissorhold here? Thanks for the help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to displacedcarrot For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jun-19, 09:39
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts
Default Re: Modified headscissors to reduce risk?

Thread approved
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 12-Jun-19, 15:46
wrestler39

Have her keep a slight bend in her knees when she's scissoring.
Old 12-Jun-19, 15:57
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedcarrot [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm wondering is if there is a way to have her put me in headscissor holds that will reduce the risk of me passing out or sustaining other injuries
There is really not secret, we do it everyday in Grappling practice: Just keep the holds a bit loose and you can always tap if you feel it is too tight, feedback from you to the partner is key. All chokes and holds can be practiced gradually and safely if both agree and communicate well, that is the beauty of the art of Jiu-Jitsu: it can be deadly or it can be playful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 12-Jun-19, 17:08
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedcarrot [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I also honestly don't think I can handle her triangle as it was just so tight, and her legs are solid muscle. So what I'm wondering is if there is a way to have her put me in headscissor holds that will reduce the risk of me passing out or sustaining other injuries that can happen with tight holds.
You seem very tentative about this. It could just be that while you got turned on by watching something actually having it happen to you wasn't something you liked.
As for having her go easier on you, like everything else being able to control her legs more is something she'll learn through practice, there's really no trick to it. If she enjoys doing it then you'll be able to show her what you like and she'll get better at finding that intensity for you.