Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 04-Aug-17, 03:35
Points: 16,375, Level: 55 Points: 16,375, Level: 55 Points: 16,375, Level: 55
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,034 Times in 618 Posts
Default Re: How did Goldeneye affect you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewaylife [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
buzzkill
Yeah kind of a buzzkill, but nowhere near the other comment of Darryl Hannah having a male gymnast stunt double in Blade Runner!

As for Goldeneye, I was well into my scissor fetish by that point, so I didn't have any "awakening" so to speak. But that doesn't mean I didn't whack off to it a few dozen times. My favorite was the sauna scene.
The Following User Says Thank You to Braddogg4345 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Aug-17, 04:12
Points: 7,798, Level: 37 Points: 7,798, Level: 37 Points: 7,798, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I was already in my twenties by then, but I distinctly recall being around eighteen when I saw The War of The Roses, with Kathleen Turner squeezing the shit out of Michael Douglas. I watched that scene many times. I'm almost convinced that she was really squeezing him!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Aug-17, 09:42
Points: 5,364, Level: 31 Points: 5,364, Level: 31 Points: 5,364, Level: 31
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytheanimal [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yeah it was good but it was Bambi and Thumper in Diamonds are Forever that turned me to be honest, I remember watching it as a kid and getting awfully excited.
yup, for me, not so much goldeneye. it was diamonds are forever with bambi and thumper; also the man with a golden gun was another. First show that got me interested was get christie love.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wresmafan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Aug-17, 09:53
Points: 279,608, Level: 100 Points: 279,608, Level: 100 Points: 279,608, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 69,096 Times in 6,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onatopp [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wrong. In the original script written for Dalton, she killed using pressure points on the chest to induce heart attacks. In the revised initial script for Brosnan, she used bodyscissors; the only revisions were that Xenia and Bond initially had sex in the steam room, which was removed - although it's still present in the novelisation and makes Xenia somewhat more rape-y.

At no point was it planned for her to use headscissors; for some reason there's just a legion of idiot reviewers/article writers (not yourself) out there who seem to insist she crushes men's heads.
OK fair enough. Your username suggests you've done your research on this! And ta for excluding me from your legion of idiots

But it wasn't just reviewers (ie after the event) who got it wrong. I'm sure that long before Goldeneye came out, it was reported in the mainstream media that the villainess 'loved to strangle men between her thighs' - suggesting an attack on the neck. It was only after finding this to be untrue that I started following your idiots - to track down what might have happened between times.

Thanks anyway.
Old 04-Aug-17, 10:52
Points: 95,599, Level: 100 Points: 95,599, Level: 100 Points: 95,599, Level: 100
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,654 Times in 585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was already in my twenties by then, but I distinctly recall being around eighteen when I saw The War of The Roses, with Kathleen Turner squeezing the shit out of Michael Douglas. I watched that scene many times. I'm almost convinced that she was really squeezing him!
War of the Roses was my first exposure to scissoring as well. I still remember the crunch sound that was made when she started squeezing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Grap784 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Aug-17, 14:50
Points: 26,392, Level: 71 Points: 26,392, Level: 71 Points: 26,392, Level: 71
Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7% Activity: 66.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,351 Times in 1,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgenius [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Something that was not mentioned but the character of Xenia was foreshadowed in a previous Bond picture "The Living Daylights" where there was a brief scene of a BIG girl helping bond get a general to defect and it was later revealed that her method of assassination was strangulation by thighs
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The actress here is Julie Wallace.
Cory Everson in DOuble Impact was the 1st scene that really turned me on that way (saw others later) and I guess it's still my favorite. The Blade Runner scene was just a bit too quick (why does she release him if she's trying to incapacitate him?) and the Diamonds Are Forever scene ended in such a silly way.
I had already started doing sessions when GoldenEye came out so it wasn't any kind of revelation, but of course I was still happy to see it in the movie and thought FJ's casting was excellent and not unrealistic at all. It would've been great if Xenia had been played by Corey or some other pretty bodybuilder also but in that case the characterization would've been completely different. Most people would never suspect a girl who looks like Famke could do that sort of thing, which made the reveal fun.
If you'd asked me at the time - late 95 - if I'd rather fight Xenia (without her killing me of course) or Amanda (from Highlander) or Dax from Star Trek (they actually mentioned that she wrestled in 1 episode) I would've had to really think it over. Great few years for type A female characters.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Aug-17, 17:08
Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
Last Achievements

Speaking of Cory Everson,

A good movie she was also in 1995 was Ballistic with Marjean Holden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgenius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-17, 21:59
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgenius [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Very powerful females
The Following User Says Thank You to Tightsman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Aug-17, 00:25
Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100 Points: 57,916, Level: 100
Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6% Activity: 97.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,824 Times in 1,933 Posts

Quote:

I've said this before, but for my money the late 80s and 90s was the golden era of action heroines.

Action in general TBH. That's when most of the 'modern classics' were made.

The casting was SO much better.

One thing I love about the F/m fights in Ballistic is how completely in control Marjean and Cory are at all times and KNOW it. They take their time and seem to enjoy their dominance.

In the first fight scene in the movie, Marjean gets blindsided and then eats a big punch from the guy and is like "so what", flicking her hair back and standing her ground against him. Oh, a knife? Good luck with that. She evades skillfully, making it look effortless before she counters him beautifully and disarms him. He knows he needs a weapon to overcome her, but she is simply superior to him in every way - speed, skill, reflex and toughness. He has no chance and she's just toying with him like a cat with a mouse. Because she's the "good girl" she even goes easy on him, finally putting him down with a stiff clothesline (how embarrassing) as he is punch and kick drunk from her counter strikes, holding the dominant pose briefly over his supine, defeated and inferior body. Beautiful choreography.

Last edited by jiminy; 07-Aug-17 at 00:39.
Old 07-Aug-17, 01:14
Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28 Points: 4,680, Level: 28
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've said this before, but for my money the late 80s and 90s was the golden era of action heroines.

Action in general TBH. That's when most of the 'modern classics' were made.

The casting was SO much better.

One thing I love about the F/m fights in Ballistic is how completely in control Marjean and Cory are at all times and KNOW it. They take their time and seem to enjoy their dominance.

In the first fight scene in the movie, Marjean gets blindsided and then eats a big punch from the guy and is like "so what", flicking her hair back and standing her ground against him. Oh, a knife? Good luck with that. She evades skillfully, making it look effortless before she counters him beautifully and disarms him. He knows he needs a weapon to overcome her, but she is simply superior to him in every way - speed, skill, reflex and toughness. He has no chance and she's just toying with him like a cat with a mouse. Because she's the "good girl" she even goes easy on him, finally putting him down with a stiff clothesline (how embarrassing) as he is punch and kick drunk from her counter strikes, holding the dominant pose briefly over his supine, defeated and inferior body. Beautiful choreography.
Better description than I could give. Did you also notice that after defeating the guy in the first fight, she pulls off his tie and uses it to tie him up.

Similar with her second fight, the guy goes after her with a golf club, she (easily) takes it from his hand and then throws/kicks him to floor while still holding the golf club.

Then, a few minutes later, Cory enters the room and toys with the same guy some more before overhead pressing him and then breaking his neck after dominating him. Talk about a bad day for his character "Porter"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgenius For This Useful Post:

Tags
xenia onatopp