Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Oct-17, 17:48
Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50 Points: 13,641, Level: 50
Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0% Activity: 10.0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Is it really creepy to ask to arm wrestle a female

It is fine to ask a female to armwrestle, nothing wrong with that at all. If she says she does not do it so be it, but it is fine.
Old 21-Oct-17, 00:20
Points: 5,612, Level: 31 Points: 5,612, Level: 31 Points: 5,612, Level: 31
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxiteles [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What do you think about my suggesting we make our next arm-wrestle more interesting by proposing that if she wins next time, I would give her £10 (she is on minimum wage anyway, so she would usually have to work for over an hour to earn that amount).

Would that turn a harmless bit of fun into something a bit creepy? I'd appreciate thoughts and comments from fellow members of the board.
It definitely could make it weird, yeah. You're the one interacting with her, so you'd have a better idea of whether she'd be okay with it, but 'I'll pay you if you win' seems a lot more likely to come across badly than something like 'next pint's on me if you win' (if you were at a pub.)
Old 21-Oct-17, 02:39
Producer
Points: 20,044, Level: 61 Points: 20,044, Level: 61 Points: 20,044, Level: 61
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,523 Times in 146 Posts

Does he look like a creep? I mean, he does, but girls seem to be fine with that.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 21-Oct-17, 03:58
Points: 5,186, Level: 30 Points: 5,186, Level: 30 Points: 5,186, Level: 30
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Depends on the relationship. Normally, probably.
Old 21-Oct-17, 04:02
Points: 3,256, Level: 23 Points: 3,256, Level: 23 Points: 3,256, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxiteles [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What do you think about my suggesting we make our next arm-wrestle more interesting by proposing that if she wins next time, I would give her £10 (she is on minimum wage anyway, so she would usually have to work for over an hour to earn that amount).

Would that turn a harmless bit of fun into something a bit creepy? I'd appreciate thoughts and comments from fellow members of the board.
Yes, it would be creepy. Offer to buy her a drink, or dinner, or coffee, or lunch, or something, if she can beat you, but for heaven's sakes don't make it about money.
Old 21-Oct-17, 08:20
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 47,590 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2349 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I remember someone hear mentioned that asking to arm wrestle someone can be seen as creepy by the person you are asking? Why would that be?
As others have said, it's all about context. But for me, it's not so much about 'how' someone is asking but rather why.

If a 'vanilla' guy was to ask to arm-wrestle a woman, out of bravado, machismo or just for a laugh, then no, there's nothing especially creepy about that. But if someone with a fetish for arm-wrestling/strong women/biceps/being dominated/etc were to ask (without first being up front about their fetish), then that's an entirely different scenario. I mean, isn't that essentially asking a woman to unknowingly get you off?

For me, that goes beyond creepy and just into plain being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2349 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And why could it be seen as creepy? How would it be any different than asking to compete at a game of cards video game, bowling etc...
Because there's no fetish element to those things. Well OK, to a very very tiny niche there may be! But for the most part, there's probably little risk that anyone's getting turned on during a game of bridge.
The Following User Says Thank You to FootPower For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Oct-17, 01:52
Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36 Points: 7,346, Level: 36
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasnopio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Does he look like a creep? I mean, he does, but girls seem to be fine with that.

He has a few things going for him in this situation that I don't think other people in this thread necessarily do especially not the second obviously.

1) He's charismatic. Not saying that nobody here is charismatic, I'm just saying it's very important to him doing this.

2) This isn't a fetish for him. Now this is monumentally important. It's a goofy video that he's doing and it's clear that it's just that and thus the girls are in on it because it just seems goofy and fun.

3) He's relatively attractive. This just never hurts.
Old 22-Oct-17, 07:01
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasnopio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He has a few things going for him in this situation that I don't think other people in this thread necessarily do especially not the second obviously.

1) He's charismatic. Not saying that nobody here is charismatic, I'm just saying it's very important to him doing this.

2) This isn't a fetish for him. Now this is monumentally important. It's a goofy video that he's doing and it's clear that it's just that and thus the girls are in on it because it just seems goofy and fun.

3) He's relatively attractive. This just never hurts.

I'll add to this, he's got a person behind a camera and he's clearly asked the ladies if they'll shoot a youtube video with him before he starts. He's not asking them to arm-wrestle, he's asking them to be in his youtube channel with 52,000 subscribers.

The camera makes it performance art, not just "hey wanna arm-wrestle" and we don't know how many ladies turn him down, but I'd guess not that many. Some must.

and ask away, I think it's great if guys can get ladies to armwrestle them but it also can be creepy. It takes a fair bit of finesse to ask properly and get a yes half the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post: