Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Sep-18, 02:34
Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,238 Times in 546 Posts
Default Re: Best Fighting Movies

I did not find earlier messages on this subject, so here goes ...

My favorite fighting movies are

'Policewomen' which features many fight scenes between two women, one woman against many women, and sexiest of all, one woman against a man where her punches and kicks convincingly knocked him out. I saw it in a movie theater and two young women in the audience responded to it loudly. This sounds too good to be true, but it is true. The three of us went to a hotel room afterwards for a session. It cost some money but it was certainly worth it.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

'Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks' which has one long and amazing fight scenes where the martial arts of two topless women convincingly destroy a man in a very sexy fight. More information is at this link, including a picture where the two women at the left of that group of people are the women who fought that man toplessly.

If some of you share what movies you enjoyed the most, I will add to this list too.

Last edited by rapidjeff; 04-Sep-18 at 02:49.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rapidjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 13-Sep-18, 15:06
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidjeff [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If some of you share what movies you enjoyed the most, I will add to this list too.
Did I name the only two movies that featured female fighting?

If not, what are other movies of this type?

If no one here, where we are its target audience, is interested in movies that featured female fighting, should Hollywood stop making this type of movie?

I say no, I enjoy seeing them, but your silence seems to say yes.
Old 15-Sep-18, 12:13
Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,749 Times in 1,916 Posts

Hi @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I recently (earlier this year, circa June) watched Policewomen on Amazon Prime. I had seen the fight scenes before but this was the first time I had seen the full film.

It was "before my time" so to speak, (I was born in '84) but I found it pretty entertaining to be honest and perhaps worthy of a re-watch sometime as there are a number of themes that warrant deeper study and discussion.

Sondra Currie in the role Lacy Bond was fantastic. She is just SO damn cocky and full of herself throughout the movie, making sarcastic comments and goading people into fights. At one point, her male co-star even calls her out on it saying "you're so sure of yourself, aren't you" or something to that effect. She is very much the star of the film, she is the central character - which was great. She didn't need a man's help, but he sure needed hers', such as the boat scene.

Considering this movie came out in 1974, I don't know how much attention it received at the time, or how seriously it was taken, but it must have been a real treat for fans of F/M fighting and female 'action heroes'. At the same time, it must have been quite triggering for those against 2nd wave feminism, which this movie strongly promotes.

When people talk about female action heroes, they are quick to cite characters like Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor, but someone like Lacy Bond is much more appealing to me. I was going to make a thread sometime about my personal top 5 or top 10 female action heroes and Lacy would certainly be on it. The special touch for me is when they don't lose their femininity. Sometimes, they may even flaunt it. All too often female action heroes are basically turned into men. It may be a hot woman in the role like Angelina Jolie or Milla Jovovich but the character has little endearment and no real likability on the level that they are being played by a woman.

The fight scenes in Policewomen are crudely choreographed, but it's forgivable being a fairly low-budget movie that was made 45 years ago. The one quality that lends credence to the believability of Lacy's fighting skills is how calm and confident she remains when in combat. She believes in her martial arts skills and doesn't let emotion or adrenaline get the better of her. This is a realistic quality.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Sep-18, 13:27
Points: 640, Level: 9 Points: 640, Level: 9 Points: 640, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Well said, I remember reading about this movie as a kid in the Sunday paper, back in about 1970 and wishing I could see it. I did not see it until about 1989 on video (it never came out in cinemas) and it was simply stunning, the most erotic martial arts actioner since I saw Jillian Kessner in Firecracker (aka Naked Fist). Sondra was sexy and as you say acted like she got a kick out of her ability to take down just about anyone with her karate skills. Her blows are the kind of brutal and savage blows a woman would need to use to fight effectively and she uses them with glee. The scene on the boat is edited in some versions to excise the axe kick she uses on the blonde who is on all fours. Other versions excise the fight with the chinese girl at the end. Even so its a beautiful movie because it combines glamour with action, thats what so many female actioners miss. Even the Rothrock movies often dressed her like a boy and gave her a name like "Billy" etc. Before that however as in this and Naked Fist we had glamourous women who could fight hard and dirty. Simply a crotch kicking classic, will we ever see its like again? In my view this movie, Naked Fist and Vendetta (karen chase) are in a league of their own for getting it just right for us fight fans.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harveydog For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Sep-18, 15:35
Points: 17,008, Level: 56 Points: 17,008, Level: 56 Points: 17,008, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Old 15-Sep-18, 15:58
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveydog [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well said, I remember reading about this movie as a kid in the Sunday paper, back in about 1970 and wishing I could see it. I did not see it until about 1989 on video (it never came out in cinemas) and it was simply stunning, the most erotic martial arts actioner since I saw Jillian Kessner in Firecracker (aka Naked Fist). Sondra was sexy and as you say acted like she got a kick out of her ability to take down just about anyone with her karate skills. Her blows are the kind of brutal and savage blows a woman would need to use to fight effectively and she uses them with glee. The scene on the boat is edited in some versions to excise the axe kick she uses on the blonde who is on all fours. Other versions excise the fight with the chinese girl at the end. Even so its a beautiful movie because it combines glamour with action, thats what so many female actioners miss. Even the Rothrock movies often dressed her like a boy and gave her a name like "Billy" etc. Before that however as in this and Naked Fist we had glamourous women who could fight hard and dirty. Simply a crotch kicking classic, will we ever see its like again? In my view this movie, Naked Fist and Vendetta (karen chase) are in a league of their own for getting it just right for us fight fans.
Agree on all counts. Wish Hollywood made more just like this one. Just doesn't get much better. Perfect balance of beauty, femininity, attitude, lethal skills, and brutal force.
Old 15-Sep-18, 16:32
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Agree on all counts. Wish Hollywood made more just like this one. Just doesn't get much better. Perfect balance of beauty, femininity, attitude, lethal skills, and brutal force.
Hollywood has been taken over by the special effects guys and editors. They're also into filming badly lit scenes for some reason also.
Old 15-Sep-18, 18:17
Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

My favorites would be a really long list, but off the top of my head, some of the best fight-scenes-- usually better than the movies they're in-- would include :

THE DANCE OF DEATH (Angela Mao)
ANGEL OF FURY (Cynthia Rothrock)
THE HEROIC TRIO (Mui, Cheung, and Yeoh) (but not so much the sequel)
CUTIE HONEY (Eriko Sata)
CHARLIE'S ANGELS FULL THROTTLE (but only for the big fight choreographed by the MATRIX guy)
SHE SHOOTS STRAIGHT
ANGEL (Moon Lee, Yukari Oshima)
YES MADAM (Rothrock and Yeoh)
ANGELFIST, the remake of FIRECRACKER, which remade TNT JACKSON (all good ones)
DEATH PROOF (possibly holding the record for most f/m punches in one scene)
ANGEL OF DESTRUCTION

More to come...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Dune For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Sep-18, 18:33
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Sondra Currie in the role Lacy Bond was fantastic.
Hi jiminy

I completely agree.

I enjoyed reading your review of Policewomen. The three video clips that you posted are outstanding. Surprisingly, this movie also included several other female fight scenes including one in a women’s prison, one in a back yard, and one on a trail. A movie that includes six fight scenes with female fighters, as this one has, is very rare.

Your first video clip showed women who practice the little known martial art called Oar-fu. If the heroine did not arrive to rescue the beaten man, they would have paddled him some more.

Your third video clip is my favorite. She totally destroys her opponent in a fair fight. When I wrote here earlier about “two young women in the audience responded to it loudly” this is the scene that they reacted to.

The black actress in that scene is Jeannie Bell. She starred in TNT Jackson, where she had some fight scenes, but Policewomen is my favorite.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Perfect balance of beauty, femininity, attitude, lethal skills, and brutal force.
Your sentence also describes a movie called Catch The Heat.
In this movie Tiana Alexandra had some very sexy fight scenes where she convincingly destroyed the men she fought in hand to hand combat. This is another movie, in addition to Policewomen, that I highly recommend. These fight scenes are not "don't blink or you will miss the action" - they are pretty long and a joy to watch.

Last edited by rapidjeff; 15-Sep-18 at 18:33.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapidjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Sep-18, 16:24
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dune [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
THE HEROIC TRIO (Mui, Cheung, and Yeoh)
I never saw that movie, but you made a good point: there are many Chinese movies that star fighting females. Angela Mao starred in a lot of them. Two of the best of these movies had scenes showing a woman fighting a man in a bed. Two versions of the same movie are Monkey Kung Fu and Mad Monkey Kung Fu. One of them has this fight scene and the other does not. The woman is standing on a firm mattress while she beats up a man who thought this bed would be used for a different purpose. I also saw a Thai movie where the heroine destroyed a man during a long fight with many kicks to his body and his face. The photo on its box caused me to rent that video, and I was not disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to rapidjeff For This Useful Post: