Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
VeVe Lane 30 46.15%
Sheena 32 49.23%
A draw 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-Jan-19, 07:08
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: VeVe Lane Vs Sheena

Sheena marches on! It will be interesting to see how Sheena does against Arielx. Is this match still going to happen?
Old 14-Jan-19, 07:43
Banned
Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements

Yes, that match is still on, as far as I know. There is still almost a month until then and Sheena has a lot of travelling within the States. She's also gonna compete in a NAGA tournament the same weekend in Vegas.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricky-8- For This Useful Post:
Old 14-Jan-19, 12:22
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Who said anything about points system? I hate it like the next guy.

Submissions (and pins) only is the way it should be. But I am suggesting that matches that are tied on submissions be decided based on offense. This rewards the person who is on the offensive throughout the match, as well as eliminates over-defensive gameplan and stalling. Trust me when I say that this makes matches more interesting. 0-0 is a very frequent score, and it often does not tell the story.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 14-Jan-19, 13:11
Banned
Last Achievements

But, sometimes you have to defend. There's no other choice. If you're a good grappler but you couldn't submit your opponent in 15 or 20 minutes, you don't deserve to be declared a winner based only on being on offense for most of the match. They do things like that in bjj and grappling tournaments because there has to be a winner and the fights are usually 5 or 6 minute long.

For me, it's either a draw or overtime. I'm not saying armwrestling is the best way to decide the winner, but if both girls agreed to that, that's fine by me and I think it's better than judge call.
Old 14-Jan-19, 14:47
Points: 23,315, Level: 66 Points: 23,315, Level: 66 Points: 23,315, Level: 66
Activity: 35.7% Activity: 35.7% Activity: 35.7%
Last Achievements

Is it just my impression or Sheena was less muscular than when fought Tia?
Old 14-Jan-19, 15:12
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I also like the submission only rules as it makes the fights more sexy (not diminishing from the sport value which is high) and easy on the eyes, a fight of points can make it look like an Olympic wrestling or Judo fight= Boring, with most people not knowing what’s going on.
That is also what makes nowadays MMA so successful.
You know that half of MMA fights end in decisions, right? Imagine one guy beating up another for 5 rounds, dominating the entire match, for it to be declared a draw, since he couldn't knock him out or submit him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky-8- [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But, sometimes you have to defend. There's no other choice. If you're a good grappler but you couldn't submit your opponent in 15 or 20 minutes, you don't deserve to be declared a winner based only on being on offense for most of the match.
Do you like draws?
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 14-Jan-19, 15:41
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Do you like draws?
No, but if it happens it happens.

Do you think it's fair if a white or blue belt held her own against the likes of Veve or Sheena to give the win to the experienced wrestler who has years of formal training but couldn't get a single submission in the whole match? By the way, there is so many matches like that.

What if the match is back and forth between two good wrestlers? How are you gonna decide the winner? Are you gonna use two stop watches to see who spent more time on the offensive?
Old 14-Jan-19, 15:52
Administrator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky-8- [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you think it's fair if a white or blue belt held her own against the likes of Veve or Sheena to give the win to the experienced wrestler who has years of formal training but couldn't get a single submission in the whole match? By the way, there is so many matches like that.
It is not a matter of fairness for me, but a matter of making the matches more exciting, and yes, it's absolutely fair if a blue belt beats a black belt beats a white belt. "Holding on for a draw" should not be a strategy that works in one's favor.

Quote:
What if the match is back and forth between two good wrestlers? How are you gonna decide the winner?
Then it's a draw.
Old 14-Jan-19, 16:04
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It is not a matter of fairness for me, but a matter of making the matches more exciting, and yes, it's absolutely fair if a blue belt beats a black belt beats a white belt. "Holding on for a draw" should not be a strategy that works in one's favor.

Then it's a draw.
Do you think a white or blue belt has other options but to defend against black belts? If you want excitement, add a suddent death round but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, both Veve and Sheena agreed to the decisive armwrestling round and they knew there was gonna be a punishment round and victory pose consequently.
Old 14-Jan-19, 16:25
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
You know that half of MMA fights end in decisions, right? Imagine one guy beating up another for 5 rounds, dominating the entire match, for it to be declared a draw, since he couldn't knock him out or submit him

Do you like draws?
That’s exactly how it used to be. Those were the Gracie rules, no judges, no points, just submissions and knockouts. For years they were the only rules the Gracie family would compete under. And then we had the absurd scenario where Ken Shamrock dominated Royce Gracie on the ground for like 30 minutes, but there were no submissions so the match was a draw. That’s when the UFC changed its rules and added judges.

And by the way, no way would Royce agree to settle the contest with an armwrestling match!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post: