Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
VeVe Lane 30 46.15%
Sheena 32 49.23%
A draw 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-Jan-19, 23:48
Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43 Points: 10,048, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: VeVe Lane Vs Sheena

I've not yet had the honor of meeting you in person, Anji, but judging from your photos on the SG site, you are quite beautiful. And at my age any lady under 45 looks like a teenager. One of the all time greats in this world said of you, "What I did to you, she did to me" and I don't want to go into once again what that lady did to me. Judging from that and from your over-all championship level fighting and from your performance in this recent three hour roll, I think you could fairly easily submit Sheena.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Jan-19, 11:24
Banned
Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12 Points: 968, Level: 12
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%

And this is exactly the issue wrt BJJ. Just too much skill & too good. Look @ DWW & FD (and the pioneers Judell, Beatrice, Festelle....) and you'll see many submissions over a 20-25 minute match or not see the technical skills, whereas here the result was as expected 0-0, and at worst I expected maybe 1-0.

Kudos & nothing but respect & admiration to both Sheena & VeVe, but it is a different world out there.
Old 17-Jan-19, 14:17
Banned
Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25 Points: 3,589, Level: 25
Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0% Activity: 50.0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermao [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I like the EBI rules for submission tie breakers. With respect to the Sheena/VeVe match, clearly Sheena won according to the rules they agreed on. But is she the better wrestler or just the bigger and stronger?
But the question is whether or not Sheena could beat someone of roughly her own size and comparable skills.

It's funny how strength/size advantage only appears in f/f matches, while in mixed wrestling it's always skill and technique that triumph. Sheena had just about 8 kgs advantage. Veve wrestled bigger girls in the past.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricky-8- For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-19, 09:04
Banned
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Another wrestler proves that BJJ is overrated.
Old 19-Jan-19, 12:40
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Another wrestler proves that BJJ is overrated.
Neither of the competitors in this match were representing BJJ. Just saying
Old 19-Jan-19, 12:56
Banned
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloNYC [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Neither of the competitors in this match were representing BJJ. Just saying
Veve spent about 10 years doing BJJ. Now she does submission wrestling. So, that should even give her more advantage.

Veve's background is BJJ. Submission wrestling is basically BJJ but without the gi, which is basically what we've been doing in our sessions and matches.

As far as I know, Sheena doesn't really train BJJ or no gi grappling. Just judo and freestyle wrestling.
Old 19-Jan-19, 13:45
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,689 Times in 9,926 Posts

User banned for multiple accounts: ricky-8- / Choke / MixedWrestler-37
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-19, 17:05
Points: 5,276, Level: 30 Points: 5,276, Level: 30 Points: 5,276, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am here, watching from afar I am not the kind of person to brag, but I am positive I will do well against any of the ladies on the scene in a competitive match.... Anyway, coming back to the subject, I wish I was 20 years younger (Not really, I enjoy my wiser me) but I don't think I am the type a video producer/audience wants, not young or pretty enough, so it is not just skill, just like in Hollywood, looks are important and that is what really sells as well. One of the producers which I did the last video, wants to shoot a second one with me, around May, tournament style for a Belt, but his target audience is the sports oriented viewers, with full spats and rashguard, possible masks. Thank you for inquiring by the way
Not to hijack the thread, don't sell yourself short Anji. You are an attractive woman with impressive fighting skills. Based on what I've seen on this board, you would be a please to work with on a video.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfm For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Jan-19, 17:49
Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22 Points: 2,902, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

As much as I like bjj girls (my favourite) and enjoy Anji's engagement with this board (we are honoured to have a wb270 wrestler write to "us" so often and add clips to boot!) I think we are missing one important fact when we compare Anji to Sheena ir Arielx or Veve Lane. From what I know, these three ladies compete at brown or black belt level at the highest level in their weight classes, whereas Anji competes in the master2?3? or 4? in purple belt. there is no comparison to these brackets. I would love to see Anji compete againdt sheena or veve or arielx but with the little bjj knowledge I have and having watched numerous bjj competitions, I think Anji is a level below these other girls.
Old 19-Jan-19, 18:42
Points: 451,397, Level: 100 Points: 451,397, Level: 100 Points: 451,397, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,432 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I am here, watching from afar "
"I wish I was 20 years younger (Not really, I enjoy my wiser me) but I don't think I am the type a video producer/audience wants, not young or pretty enough, so it is not just skill, just like in Hollywood, looks are important and that is what really sells as well."!

What are you talking about??!!

I just saw your post/vid "Anji injures opponent in competition. "

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

What amazed me with that video is not just your great skill and speed on the mat, but also your stunning beauty.

You are look like a dream woman, strong and skilled, but at the same time a face like an angel.

Every mixed wrestling producer would fight each other to get you to their mats, i promise.
The Following User Says Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post: