Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Jan-16, 18:24
Banned
Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23 Points: 3,290, Level: 23
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Default Re: wrestling webcast launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vevelane [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If I'm understanding you right, I think I agree... Is this a discussion topic you're suggesting for the show?
Sure as in what does one expect in a session. And if competitive and you are much more skilled they'll realize that very quickly.

Heck you seem wonderful and in a dojo setting I think people understand it (skill and ability) when grappling and practising, but I really am interested in the psychology and why I am so engrossed by this (since age 13 and no more then due to the old sport review wrestling pictorials and hitting puberty).

VeVe when I was 20 (eons ago) my idea of a session was normal men, with normal physiques having a competitive match vs. a strong female and even matches. I didn't think anything more (i.e. the domination/scissoring.....). Now if I am correct it is almost never that there is an actual competitive even match that men want (or quickly realize that it won't be competitive).

I just looked at competitive f/f matches in the 90's/00's and subbed a male for one of the females (or the DWW mixed matches).

VeVe I have heard when you started and how (just listening to the webcast episode 2) and bet you had no idea about the many different types of fetishes (within wrestling) i.e. scissoring or men wanting to be dominated (of course you knew about bdsm and such)?

Last edited by mypredilection; 07-Jan-16 at 19:12.
Old 07-Jan-16, 19:08
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Of course, if you don't have skills, you could get them through practice.
It's amazing that more isn't said about this.
Old 08-Jan-16, 21:01
Session Wrestler
Points: 6,851, Level: 35 Points: 6,851, Level: 35 Points: 6,851, Level: 35
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

A little tentative update on the Sunday webcast:

Vanessa Vilano *might* also be joining us. Here's hoping she does!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vanessa vilano.jpg (90.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg vanessa vilano 2.jpg (43.7 KB, 117 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to vevelane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Jan-16, 02:45
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Do a stretch wrap wrestling match!
Old 10-Jan-16, 17:02
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts

EDIT: All righty! Live broadcast is finished for today. Thanks to all who tuned in live. We're going to clean up the footage to get rid of all of the setup / log-in troubles from the beginning, and we will have a playback link up later!

Last edited by DiabloNYC; 10-Jan-16 at 18:18. Reason: Broadcast over. Playback to go up later.
Old 10-Jan-16, 23:29
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Today's webcast replay is now ready. This broadcast featured Ashley Wildcat, Sarah Brooke, VeVe Lane, Keri Spectrum, plus Mike of "Walk on the Wildside" and Diablo.

After some initial chat and introduction banter where the guests get oriented, the broadcast moves on to loose topic discussions. The ladies discuss Walk on the Wildside's shoot in late January, they discuss catfighting, female wrestling, fantasy vs competitive, and "what is semi-competitive?"

Keri is a bit late to the party and joins into the discussion around 15 minutes in. But she's got plenty to say on the topic of catfighting & F/F wrestling once she gets onto the broadcast.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 13-Jan-16, 21:47
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,194 Times in 794 Posts

Did anyone else watch this?

Two things really stood out for me, both related to Keri Spectrum. One was her very articulate and interesting explanation of catfighting, what it really is, how it's evolved and so on. She made a point that was really counter-intuitive which is that a catfight with agreed upon rules and a structured format, preceded by clear communication with an opponent you feel you can trust, actually makes for a better, more aggressive, more action-packed fight because both women feel they can let themselves go, trusting that the framework has been established and her opponent with stay within the guidelines.

She said a catfight with someone you don't know, with only a minimum of rules doesn't usually produce a good result because the women tend to hold back, not sure of how far to go. I guess that's when you see a lot of hanging onto the hair, just to keep things stalled. She suggested the women shouldn't be afraid, that doesn't make for a good catfight. I never would have thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense.

The other interesting thing was when she talked about her recent injury which came as a result of a fantasy wrestling shoot. Again, not what you'd expect. I would have thought the fantasy shoots were safer but accidents can happen anytime, as in this case where she had a camel clutch and boston crab being applied simultaneously but the girl with the crab slipped and came straight down on her lower back.
Old 14-Jan-16, 14:46
Producer
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Next broadcast scheduled for January 24. That'll be a Sunday. Time TBA. @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Discussion topic(s) to be decided. VeVe and Hanz will make the final decision on the topic, and we'll post it here. As always, topic suggestions are welcome, but, for time's sake, not all topics can be selected.

Thanks to everyone who's sent in topic suggestions so far. Much appreciated, guys. Stay tuned!
Old 14-Jan-16, 15:38
Producer
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Since people have come back to posting on the Underground wrestling party thread recently, I wonder if the discussion topic should be....

Wrestling parties and live events!

In my humble opinion, this is always a fun and intriguing topic. Live events and parties have been going on across the world over the past few decades. I'd love to chat live about experiences with parties/events, meeting people in person, the thrill of getting people together for a historical moment.

Anyway, just a suggestion. But a potentially intriguing topic to talk about live!
Old 23-Jan-16, 18:57
Session Wrestler
Points: 6,851, Level: 35 Points: 6,851, Level: 35 Points: 6,851, Level: 35
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Hey, Everybody!

The next webcast is scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday, January 24th at Noon EST / 5pm GMT.

This one is going to be Minxy Li, Hanz, and me discussing Wrestling Parties & Events.

We've all got a fair amount of experience attending and hosting these things (in all kinds of variations!), so at the very least, we should be telling some fun "Remember When" stories.

(This blizzard we're having in NYC right now reminds my of the first FemWin event I ever did, which is when Hanz and I met, which was ALSO in a blizzard, but everyone went out afterwards anyway, and the wrestling carried over to the bar...)

But we also want to talk what goes into making an event, what kinds of plans might be brewing for future happenings, and what are ideas for the "ideal" event (our ideas and the audience's). Plus, there will be a Q & A portion for the audience at the end of the show. Hanz and I are set to talk about things here in North America, and Minxy will fill us in on the scene across the pond.

Here is the webcast YouTube channel link once again: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Hope a lot of you can join us tomorrow!
The Following User Says Thank You to vevelane For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Jan-16, 17:10
DiabloNYC
This message has been deleted by DiabloNYC. Reason: Replay not ready yet